No announcement yet.

2019-20 Coach's Shows with Gregg Marshall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• some guys were upset about their minutes, some guys were upset cause they are no longer starting

Comment

• I think SB Shock and 771 should now takeover the Coaching duties. They exude the confidence of knowing how the Coach should have coached differently in order to win the game and the anger necessary to "Coach Angry". They further can assure us that they would never scare us by throwing their hands in the air and declaring that they don't know what's wrong. They are an easy surpass of our current Coach who has but one final four and an undefeated season on his resume. Make way! Make way!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ashockalypse View Post
        I think SB Shock and 771 should now takeover the Coaching duties. They exude the confidence of knowing how the Coach should have coached differently in order to win the game and the anger necessary to "Coach Angry". They further can assure us that they would never scare us by throwing their hands in the air and declaring that they don't know what's wrong. They are an easy surpass of our current Coach who has but one final four and an undefeated season on his resume. Make way! Make way!
        I want the 3.5 million per year, so 771 can be my assistant.

Comment

• Before anyone criticizes coach Marshall for not taking any blame for recent losses, you obviously haven’t listened to every post game show or weekly coaches show during the slide. On several occasions he has taken or shared the blame after a loss. Hopefully the come-to-Jesus meeting didn’t come too late.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
            Before anyone criticizes coach Marshall for not taking any blame for recent losses, you obviously haven’t listened to every post game show or weekly coaches show during the slide. On several occasions he has taken or shared the blame after a loss. Hopefully the come-to-Jesus meeting didn’t come too late.

Yep, I was expecting a depressing, whimpering show tonight but it was quite the opposite. I dunno how some people, if they listened, didn't feel a little bit better about the situation than before. It sounded like the team was pissed at everything: themselves, each other, the coaches, etc. That's a hell of a lot better reaction than not giving an absolute f*ck like they did on Sunday.

And then we hear players were complaining about minutes and starting, etc. That simply was not an issue in the Ron and Fred years and even the Landry years. Everybody wanted to win, they didn't care how. With this group for some reason, they were more concerned about themselves than about the team. And it clearly has showed.

What I liked the most that Marshall pointed out is that he mentioned that Fred never averaged more than 12 ppg here and yet won multiple conference POY's and is making nearly 10 million a year, soon to be more. He was more concerned about performing well and winning than padding the stats. Good food for thought.

We'll find out if there is any validity at all to this on Thursday.
            Last edited by ShockerFever; February 10, 2020, 11:02 PM.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• I thought hcgm handled the situation well. I appreciate the insight he shared. Jaime told him before the season he wanted to redshirt so he could be here next year when the team was more ready to make the NCAA tournament. Coach told him that was in the plans for this year. Jaime told the team today about it and asked them to help him get there. I think we will see a different team on Thursday night.
              I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

• Originally posted by Woodrow View Post
                I thought hcgm handled the situation well. I appreciate the insight he shared. Jaime told him before the season he wanted to redshirt so he could be here next year when the team was more ready to make the NCAA tournament. Coach told him that was in the plans for this year. Jaime told the team today about it and asked them to help him get there. I think we will see a different team on Thursday night.
                Thanks for that bit. JE is such a nice guy from all accounts. Would love nothing more than to see him have his dream fulfilled.

Comment

• In 2013 WSU had 7 losses just in the Valley:

Evansville x2
                  Creighton x2 (away and in the MVC tourney)
                  @ SIU
                  @ Northern Iowa
                  Indiana State

Think about that - our final 4 team lost to Evansville - twice!! That 2013 team had quite a few seniors/juniors on it so I think we are expecting a bit much out our current team composed mainly of sophomores/freshmen. Hopefully they will pull it together and get in the tourney. If not - maybe we will get North Carolina as a home game in the NIT :).

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Yep, I was expecting a depressing, whimpering show tonight but it was quite the opposite. I dunno how some people, if they listened, didn't feel a little bit better about the situation than before. It sounded like the team was pissed at everything: themselves, each other, the coaches, etc. That's a hell of a lot better than reaction than not giving an absolute f*ck like they did on Sunday.

And then we hear players were complaining about minutes and starting, etc. That simply was not an issue in the Rod and Fred years and even the Landry years. Everybody wanted to win, they didn't care how. With this group for some reason, they were more concerned about themselves than about the team. And it clearly has showed.

What I liked the most that Marshall pointed out is that he mentioned that Fred never averaged more than 12 ppg here and yet won multiple conference POY's and is making nearly 10 million a year, soon to be more. He was more concerned about performing well and winning than padding the stats. Good food for thought.

We'll find out if there is any validity at all to this on Thursday.
                    It't kind of a double edged sword. We need and are getting higher level recruits to competed in this league but that means we get players that are more likely to be a little more worried about themselves where they are headed individually.

Comment

• Players and coaches alike are frustrated. Marshall has put a lot of the blame on his self multiple times. Some of the players were just not into against Houston. The Tulsa and Cincinnati games really rocked the Shocks. We have a few players who were big contributors in non-con and haven’t played up to the level we need. Inside game is lacking, and without Jamie playing well and out of foul trouble we struggle. Wade is a small 4,who likes to play outside,, he’s shown the ability to rebound but lately he’s struggling. Erick is really struggling with his shot and it’s effecting his whole game. I feel Burton has been pretty solid especially in the second half’s of both our close losses. Dexter is better but we need even better. His 3 ball is looking really good again. Sherfield is inconsistent, has his good moments followed by some headscrather. We’ll see what Thursday brings. Hopefully a W.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

I don't.

They lost 2 games they should have won if he had coached better. He was quick to throw the players under the bus during the show, and unless I missed it there was no realization on his part that he has not really done a good job as a coach over the last 3 games.

I would have felt better if had done some self-reflection and verbalized how he has failed as a coach to his players.

I'm tired of seeing the "run the clock down to 5 seconds and let Sherfield play hero ball"
                        I have to agree (with the throwing players under the bus).

Realistically the Shockers have 4 good young guards to build around. But, will all 4 of them be here in 2 years?

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                          This might not please everyone, but AD Boatright attended the entire 2 hour practice at the request of coach Marshall.
                          Wonder why.

Comment

• Only guys I can figure are moping are either GS, ES or JB. They’re the ones doing the things he’s referencing in the coach’s show.

Comment

• Poo, Noah, gordon

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                                Poo, Noah, gordon
                                perhaps, but he talked about guys the used to start and then not start, or minutes go down, or they get in the game and turn the ball over. I don’t think Gordon, Noah or Pooh play enough to be guys that others are complaining about.

Comment

Working...
                                X