Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, Erik was the first that came to mind

Comment

• We need to really to get JE to the tournament. He wanted a sacrifice a year of his basketball career for the better of the team.

All he wants to do is make the NCAAs and our other guys are concerned about minutes and starting.

Comment

• never mind

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post

perhaps, but he talked about guys the used to start and then not start, or minutes go down, or they get in the game and turn the ball over. I don’t think Gordon, Noah or Pooh play enough to be guys that others are complaining about.
          I think it is ES. He is always running his mouth. I understand and accept that is who he is. You get the good with the bad. But if you are going to talk the talk maybe you need to walk the walk. He needs to play better and stop pouting on the bench like a wounded puppy. That is so weak. I realize that other players have not been playing well too, but you don't see all that pouting on the bench by them. There is no I in TEAM.

And you do see a disconnect with this team. I didn't need to read the article in the KC eagle today to know that. A blind man can see this from just looking at their demeanor. And lets not forget that this team is very young. But I am not talking about how they play on the court, I am talking about learning how to deal with adversity when it hits. And it has hit. These guys must learn how to overcome the lows. A lot of us deal better with the ups and downs of life because WE ARE OLD and have experienced some life. But these guys are still just 18 and 19 yrs old. Every year is a new team and a different state of mind. These guys will need to grow up. But one thing must change for them to go forward.

I am reminded of the great argument scene in the movie Remember the Titans between the two linebackers. "Attitude reflects leadership Captain" The attitude on this team must change.

'

Comment

• "who exactly is HCGM talking about??"

gossip-2.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
              This might not please everyone, but AD Boatright attended the entire 2 hour practice at the request of coach Marshall.
              This was actually a smart idea. Coach knew he would have a contentious practice. He was going to make guys air grievances. Gregg himself was probably going to have to get blunt with guys. It is best to have your boss watching to back you up in case guys took the wrong message and made the situation worse with further accusations.

78-65

Comment

• Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post

I think it is ES. He is always running his mouth. I understand and accept that is who he is. You get the good with the bad. But if you are going to talk the talk maybe you need to walk the walk. He needs to play better and stop pouting on the bench like a wounded puppy. That is so weak. I realize that other players have not been playing well too, but you don't see all that pouting on the bench by them. There is no I in TEAM.

And you do see a disconnect with this team. I didn't need to read the article in the KC eagle today to know that. A blind man can see this from just looking at their demeanor. And lets not forget that this team is very young. But I am not talking about how they play on the court, I am talking about learning how to deal with adversity when it hits. And it has hit. These guys must learn how to overcome the lows. A lot of us deal better with the ups and downs of life because WE ARE OLD and have experienced some life. But these guys are still just 18 and 19 yrs old. Every year is a new team and a different state of mind. These guys will need to grow up. But one thing must change for them to go forward.

I am reminded of the great argument scene in the movie Remember the Titans between the two linebackers. "Attitude reflects leadership Captain" The attitude on this team must change.

Correct, "There is no I in TEAM."

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Man, I sure wish SHJ and Duff were back this year.

Comment

• There is no "we" in team either. Just kidding.

Comment

• Originally posted by ABC View Post

Wonder why.
                      I'm guessing coach Marshall anticipated some 'fireworks' and wanted to make sure a representative from the athletic department attended the practice. I'm also guessing the 'character' coach attended also. It was a 'watershed moment' for the season and coach Marshall wanted support from the administration. The Houston performance was an embarrassment for the program on national television. He mentioned again that he is coaching a great group of young men... people you'd want to have over to your house for dinner.

Comment

• Yes, good point.

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

Correct, "There is no I in TEAM."

Gotta add a little more humor here; believe me, humor is good for the soul... especially good during the darkest times and we all experience them...

Comment

• I have hope. Anything that gets HCGM’s state of mind moving towards optimism is a good thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post
                              Man, I sure wish SHJ and Duff were back this year.
                              I've had enough of the NIT.
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post

'
                                Grant/Eric/Tyson are 20 years old with Grant being the youngest of the 3 (just turned 20) If you really want to be mind blown - Grant Sherfield is 2 months older than Morris Udeze.

Dexter just celebrated his 21st birthday.

Lets just stop with the youth and the experience bullshit ok?

Comment

Working...
                                X