Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2019-20 Coach's Shows with Gregg Marshall

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 2019-20 Coach's Shows with Gregg Marshall

    LIVE every Monday (per schedule) from AJ's Sports Grill at The Alley featuring Mike Kennedy and Steve Strain

    Radio 97.5 FM and 1240 KFH - https://kfh.radio.com/
    Date Time Link for TV Replay or Podcast (if available)
    October 28, 2019 6-7 p.m. https://kfh.radio.com/media/audio-ch...-show-10-28-19
    November 4, 2019 6-7 p.m. https://kfh.radio.com/media/audio-ch...-show-11-04-19
    November 11, 2019 No Show
    November 18, 2019 6-7 p.m.
    November 25, 2019 No Show
    December 2, 2019 6-7 p.m.
    December 9, 2019 6-7 p.m.
    December 16, 2019 6-7 p.m.
    December 23, 2019 No Show
    December 30, 2019 No Show
    January 6, 2020 6-7 p.m.
    January 13, 2020 6-7 p.m.
    January 20, 2020 No Show
    January 27, 2020 6-7 p.m.
    February 3, 2020 6-7 p.m.
    February 10, 2020 6-7 p.m.
    February 17, 2020 6-7 p.m.
    February 24, 2020 6-7 p.m.
    March 2, 2020 No Show
    March 9, 2020 6-7 p.m.
    Last edited by WuShock Reaper; 1 week ago.

  • #2
    Coach Marshall Show is up for the season https://www.radio.com/kfh/listen

    Comment


    • #3
      1. Coach was late
      2. Fernandes is in a boot, bout 8 weeks I think he says, it's lingering
      3. South Carolina produces more peaches than Georgia
      4. Earliest start ever for NCAA basketball

      Comment


      • #4
        Does anyone know where I can find the podcast of the show tonight? I'm coming up empty.

        Comment


        • #5
          Chewed out team during film session. Team was surprised that coach wasn’t satisfied with a 20 point win over a big 10 team. Coach Waterman told them that the point of the film session was to create a culture. Coach was very happy with today’s practice. Thinks he may have been too hard on them.

          Trey Wade is in the mold of Kelly and Clemente.
          Livin the dream

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
            Does anyone know where I can find the podcast of the show tonight? I'm coming up empty.
            https://kfh.radio.com/media/audio-ch...-show-10-28-19

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by wufan View Post
              Chewed out team during film session. Team was surprised that coach wasn’t satisfied with a 20 point win over a big 10 team. Coach Waterman told them that the point of the film session was to create a culture. Coach was very happy with today’s practice. Thinks he may have been too hard on them.

              Trey Wade is in the mold of Kelly and Clemente.
              Lot of players say they wanted to play for Marshall because they wanted to get better. They're learning how that process works.
              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Aargh View Post

                Lot of players say they wanted to play for Marshall because they wanted to get better. They're learning how that process works.
                Yup... Read the article about Etienne posted today. That's exactly what he said

                Comment


                • #9
                  VanVleet and Shamet were both borderline top-100 guys out of HS. Those guys know they want to play in the NBA, but the realistic ones realize they have virtually no chance.

                  Baker wasn't even a 2* guy. He got 3 years in the league. VanVleet was undrafted and is now starting for the defending NBA champion. He's starting as a 6'1" SG who can shut Curry down playing D.

                  Shamet is starting for a solid playoff team. He's a 3-point specialist who can play point.

                  Marshall made his rep recruiting borderline top-100 guys and putting them in the league. I think what he's done and the move to the AAC will move him into recruiting in the borderline top-50 instead of the top-100 territory. The real lunkers will still be getting paid, so I'm not expecting to see those guys showing up in Wichita.
                  The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                  We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                    Marshall made his rep recruiting borderline top-100 guys and putting them in the league. I think what he's done and the move to the AAC will move him into recruiting in the borderline top-50 instead of the top-100 territory. The real lunkers will still be getting paid, so I'm not expecting to see those guys showing up in Wichita.
                    The last few interviews Gregg has been very clear about the type of young men he recruits and wants on his team. Those guys who want to get better, both as basketball players and as a person. We've all seen that in the quality young men who have been a part of the program these past 12 years and we all comment about how well spoken they are when they are interviewed on camera. His personality may rub some youngsters the wrong way but those who understand why he is the way he is and listen to them leave his program prepared for life much better than any other program in America in my opinion.

                    Personally, I think he can build a better team with the top 100 type players, especially if he brings in three or four of them at a time as opposed to one or two every other year. And I believe the move to the American definitely puts him in a better place to do so.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                      1. Coach was late
                      2. Fernandes is in a boot, bout 8 weeks I think he says, it's lingering
                      3. South Carolina produces more peaches than Georgia
                      4. Earliest start ever for NCAA basketball
                      Wait, what was 1?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by OregonShocker View Post

                        Wait, what was 1?
                        It’s a known fact that Marshall doesn’t show up until about 10 minutes into the show.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.
                        ________________
                        "Enjoy the ride."

                        - a smart man

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Reminder, Coach Gregg Marshall radio show at 6:00pm tonight.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
                            Reminder, Coach Gregg Marshall radio show at 6:10pm tonight.
                            FIFY and FIFF

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                              FIFY and FIFF
                              Fixed it for Fever?

                              Cuz, I'm using that.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X