No announcement yet.

2019-20 Coach's Shows with Gregg Marshall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coach said Houston has 2 guys who can go get their own shot. But we have none. Thinks couple of guys can develop that skill set, but not today. He is aware of that fact and will be part of recruiting.

Comment

• He told them, “it’s time to start playing for what’s on the front of the jersey and not what’s on the back.”

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
        He told them, “it’s time to start playing for what’s on the front of the jersey and not what’s on the back.”
        Hopefully, they understood he was talking about the name and not the number.

Comment

• Hard to play 13 guys and keep everyone happy, but if I’m a benchwarmer on this team, I’d be kinda pissed. It’s not like the rotation guys are doing anything to warrant extended time. Is Trey Wade, for example, really doing more than Gordon would do? Is Sherfield really doing more than Fernandes can do? Poor Bear looked decent against UH but his chances are scarce. Maybe time to try some different things.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
            Hard to play 13 guys and keep everyone happy, but if I’m a benchwarmer on this team, I’d be kinda pissed. It’s not like the rotation guys are doing anything to warrant extended time. Is Trey Wade, for example, really doing more than Gordon would do? Is Sherfield really doing more than Fernandes can do? Poor Bear looked decent against UH but his chances are scarce. Maybe time to try some different things.
            I've wondered how bad Gordon must look in practice that he can't grab some minutes from Wade. I ilke Wade's hustle, but he leaves a bit to be desired offensivley.

Comment

• Didn't know what to expect but I feel a little better as a fan after listening today. We'll see if anything materializes or if its just fluff.

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
                Didn't know what to expect but I feel a little better as a fan after listening today. We'll see if anything materializes or if its just fluff.
                Why do you feel better? Just curious.

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
                  Didn't know what to expect but I feel a little better as a fan after listening today. We'll see if anything materializes or if its just fluff.
                  I don't.

They lost 2 games they should have won if he had coached better. He was quick to throw the players under the bus during the show, and unless I missed it there was no realization on his part that he has not really done a good job as a coach over the last 3 games.

I would have felt better if had done some self-reflection and verbalized how he has failed as a coach to his players.

I'm tired of seeing the "run the clock down to 5 seconds and let Sherfield play hero ball"

Comment

• Ridin the bench and cheerleading when the team is winning is do-able. When the team is playing badly and the guy in front of you is sucking and you are not getting a opportunity, well, that's almost impossible to accept.

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                      He told them, “it’s time to start playing for what’s on the front of the jersey and not what’s on the back.”
                      What a cliche...seriously. I hope he is communicating something better and deeper than that.

Comment

• It’s good to hear the players aired their grievances and misgivings.

Hopefully the coaching staff did the same.
                        The Assman

Comment

• HCGM mentioned meeting Ken Ward at the Houston game. Does anyone know his son's name? He's supposed to be like 6'7" and maybe a sophomore in high school.

Comment

• Fwiw, I thought it was a very good coaches show considering the circumstances. Sounded like it was well attended and coach thanked Shocker Nation for their continued support. Coach said some tears were shed at practice today (good tears). This might not please everyone, but AD Boatright attended the entire 2 hour practice at the request of coach Marshall. Worth a listen, if you have time. Probably on Cox 2022 now.
                            "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

I don't.

They lost 2 games they should have won if he had coached better. He was quick to throw the players under the bus during the show, and unless I missed it there was no realization on his part that he has not really done a good job as a coach over the last 3 games.

I would have felt better if had done some self-reflection and verbalized how he has failed as a coach to his players.

I'm tired of seeing the "run the clock down to 5 seconds and let Sherfield play hero ball"
                              I 100% agree with this. There is no doubt our players have come up short lately, but the coaching staff has made absolutely zero adjustments to try and utilize what limited offensive strengths our players have. The collapse over the past month has just as much to do with the coaching staff as it does the players and the scary part to me is that it seems like coach has just thrown his hands up in the air and said, it’s all on you guys.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
                                It’s good to hear the players aired their grievances and misgivings.

Hopefully the coaching staff did the same.
                                Maybe another cliche but the coaching staff is definitely the key to a reset.

Comment

Working...
                                X