No announcement yet.

2019-20 Coach's Shows with Gregg Marshall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If they call start calling Erik Snidely Whiplash, does that mean a three-year hiatus for Dudley Do-Right by the band?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker Mama View Post

That was a dark day. I remember watching him being carried off on a stretcher, and thinking how scared he must be.
      I had totally forgotten that....

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

I believe it was the thanksgiving tournament in Orlando when Anton Grady when down with the scary injury.
        Thanks for this. I was thinking it was Grady that went down but couldn't remember when. But your post brings back memories of that and then how miraculous it was that he was able to come back and be as effective as he was. I also remember a lot of us talking about the "what ifs" that season, all geared toward his health. He was yet another Marshall stud and I was bummed we only had him for a partial season.

Comment

• Wasn't it a bruised spine. Ouch.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bluzrover View Post

Thanks for this. I was thinking it was Grady that went down but couldn't remember when. But your post brings back memories of that and then how miraculous it was that he was able to come back and be as effective as he was. I also remember a lot of us talking about the "what ifs" that season, all geared toward his health. He was yet another Marshall stud and I was bummed we only had him for a partial season.
            That was a difficult tournament to witness for several reasons. In addition to Anton's injury, Fred missed the tournament and several games with the hamstring injury. Ron had to play the point... that may have been when coach Marshall decided you can't have too many point guards at your disposal.
            "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

That was a difficult tournament to witness for several reasons. In addition to Anton's injury, Fred missed the tournament and several games with the hamstring injury. Ron had to play the point... that may have been when coach Marshall decided you can't have too many point guards at your disposal.
              It was Marshall's first year when he decided "you can't have too many point guards". Brauer got hurt and Mekel was skilled at throwing the ball to a fan in the 8th row.

That was a long time ago and perhaps I'm not remembering the roster right, but I think that was the PG situation in Marshall's first year.
              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                If Bilau red shirts this year it's likely to be coach's decision. That leaves a medical red shirt still available. That's how Gibbs at Creighton got 6 years of eligibility.
                Gibbs did not get 6 years of eligibility. He got 6 years to complete his 4 years of eligibility instead of 5. A medical redshirt does not automatically extend the 5 year clock to 6. You have to apply for that.

In any case, I sure hope Josephat would not have to use the medical redshirt and apply for a clock extension to complete his eligibility especially with the treatment WSU typically gets from the NCAA.

The Shocker volleyball team might be facing this with Giorgia Civita. She has two years of eligibility remaining but only 1 year on her 5-year clock. Not sure Giorgia want to go for a clock extension to complete her eligibility but that will be interesting to see.
                Last edited by 1972Shocker; December 17, 2019, 10:08 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                  I'd like to know if Bilau's health issues are keeping him out of practices, or if he's at least able to run through sets to learn the system and some drills to work on skills. A year of skills work and learning would be incredibly beneficial, but if he's mostly sitting and watching, his gains would be limited.
                  Totally agree. This was the question that crossed my mind as well. I thought redshirting Josephat was a good move but that assumed he would be able to get in some serious work on his game.

Comment

• I imagine the coaches still find ways to keep him engaged even if he can’t get on the court. It’s possible to improve by watching practices and games.

Comment

• Originally posted by BOBB View Post

That MFer had a son that was a freshman walk on his Senior year.

true story. his grandkids play at oregon now. on a similar note, we had the same effect with fvv and ronny b.

Comment

• I thought the VCU game planning talk was interesting. Talked about Noah getting more playing time cuz we will need good handles beating press. Also talked about playing NF, JB and GS at same time.
                        fav 3G quote of show was that Even Wessel wasn’t a great scorer, unless we were playing the Jayhawks! Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post
                          I thought the VCU game planning talk was interesting. Talked about Noah getting more playing time cuz we will need good handles beating press. Also talked about playing NF, JB and GS at same time.
                          fav 3G quote of show was that Even Wessel wasn’t a great scorer, unless we were playing the Jayhawks! Lol
                          I listened to part of the show; didn't he also say "Joe" B was practicing on the scout team, but still not quite at 100%?
                          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• I clearly saw a video when our boys were in cancun with Josph B. practicing. I hope that continues and hopes he gets over his medical issues.

Comment

• Originally posted by ccrunner101 View Post

Dick
                              Lmao, just read this and was thoroughly confused for a second.

Comment

• REMINDER - No Gregg Marshall Show Tonight (12/30/19)

Coach Gregg Marshall Show with Mike Kennedy returns tonight (01/06/20) at 6:00pm.

Radio 97.5 FM and 1240 KFH
                                Tune in for Wichita sports talk, analysis and exclusive interviews. Stream, read and download KFH Radio 1240 / FM 97.5 from any device on Audacy.

I lieu of Coach Marshall not being available, perhaps Joerg
                                can do a live pod cast tonight and we can get some "lifestyle" advice for the new year?

Comment

Working...
                                X