• Show
Clear All

• JoBu still not completely healthy, will likely redshirt

(actually, Coach called him Joe)

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
      JoBu still not completely healthy, will likely redshirt

(actually, Coach called him Joe)
      I've been wondering about that. At what point in a season is the point of no-return? I remember the year Nurger was going to redshirt and he didn't play for several games but I seem to remember it was fairly early in the season when he had to suit up and hit the court.

Comment

• 1/3 of games is what you are allowed to play.
        Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by Bluzrover View Post

I've been wondering about that. At what point in a season is the point of no-return? I remember the year Nurger was going to redshirt and he didn't play for several games but I seem to remember it was fairly early in the season when he had to suit up and hit the court.
          I believe it was the thanksgiving tournament in Orlando when Anton Grady when down with the scary injury.
          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• I'd like to know if Bilau's health issues are keeping him out of practices, or if he's at least able to run through sets to learn the system and some drills to work on skills. A year of skills work and learning would be incredibly beneficial, but if he's mostly sitting and watching, his gains would be limited.
            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• The time to redshirt someone is when they are no longer able to help you win a national championship.

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

I believe it was the thanksgiving tournament in Orlando when Anton Grady when down with the scary injury.
                That was a dark day. I remember watching him being carried off on a stretcher, and thinking how scared he must be.

Comment

• Originally posted by moshock View Post
                  Erik loves being the "Villain" and loves playing on the road....maybe a new nickname ??
                  The Assassin

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
                    1/3 of games is what you are allowed to play.
                    Checking in at the scorer's table one time will disqualify for a redshirt, except for injury, not coach or player choice. An athlete can qualify for this exemption if he has a documented, incapacitating injury or illness that occurred in the first half of the basketball season and the student-athlete has not participated in more than two contests or dates of competition or 20 percent of his team';s scheduled contests, whichever number is greater.
                    "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                    ---------------------------------------
                    Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                    "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                    "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
                      1/3 of games is what you are allowed to play.
                      For college basketball I believe it is 30% and this is to get a medical hardship waiver and the injury must occur prior to the start of the 2nd half of the season.

Comment

• Erik the Dread!

Comment

• If Bilau red shirts this year it's likely to be coach's decision. That leaves a medical red shirt still available. That's how Gibbs at Creighton got 6 years of eligibility.
                          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                            That's how Gibbs at Creighton got 6 years of eligibility.
                            Please don't quote me cause my memory is fading...but I believe it was 16 years Aargh. 16.
                            FINAL FOURS:
                            1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                            1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                            Number of Times Ranked: 157
                            Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                            Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                            Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                            #3 - Dec. 2017
                            #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                            #2 ~ March 2014
                            Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post

Please don't quote me cause my memory is fading...but I believe it was 16 years Aargh. 16.
                              But he only played 10 of those 16, let's don't start exaggerating now! :)

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post

That MFer had a son that was a freshman walk on his Senior year.
                                Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Working...
                                X