2020-21 Schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Yes and no. If they were to end up at those rankings then North Texas, Oral Roberts, and Western Kentucky would be Q3 games. So basically teams good enough to win, but not good enough to count as a quality win. It will help SOS, but not the overall resume. A single loss to any of those teams could be really damaging.
    They're buy games.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

They're buy games.
      Duh.... Everything in my statement still stands.

Comment

• With our luck all those teams will tank next year and end up with mid 200 RPIs

Comment

• Last season (2019-20), our Average NET for WSU's Non-Conference Schedule was 159.

This season (2020-21), our current average NET for our Non-Conference is 112*, with four more games left to be scheduled.

* = I used the three worst NET rankings among the eight teams of the Battle 4 Atlantis.

The last four teams would need to average at least 265+ for the NET to be equal or worse than last season.

Comment

• Comment

• Matt Brauer is an assistant coach with North Texas so there is some added intrigue with that game.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
                Last season (2019-20), our Average NET for WSU's Non-Conference Schedule was 159.

This season (2020-21), our current average NET for our Non-Conference is 112*, with four more games left to be scheduled.

* = I used the three worst NET rankings among the eight teams of the Battle 4 Atlantis.

The last four teams would need to average at least 265+ for the NET to be equal or worse than last season.
                Sounds like a challenge!
                "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
                  Last season (2019-20), our Average NET for WSU's Non-Conference Schedule was 159.

sounds like a good reason for the smaller school to cancel the agreement unless they just want to get the game in.

Comment

• Originally posted by abdullah_sharif View Post

sounds like a good reason for the smaller school to cancel the agreement unless they just want to get the game in.
                    It actually sounds like a good reason for major conference schools to extend offers of home and homes to mids, play at the small school this year and a home game next. That would give the UNI's of the world a chance to host a big school, even if in an empty gym.

That kind of thinking will never happen, though.
                    There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• I am seeing several regional games set up against teams that might or might not play each other normally. DePaul v Loyola. Cincinnati v Louisville. Things like that. Games that don't require getting on a plane.

Beakers and/or Kitty-Kats, let's make a deal.
                      78-65

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
                        I am seeing several regional games set up against teams that might or might not play each other normally. DePaul v Loyola. Cincinnati v Louisville. Things like that. Games that don't require getting on a plane.

KU and Kstate are definitely looking for a local game against the yellow and black....

Come on up Fort Hays State!!!

Comment

KU and Kstate are definitely looking for a local game against the yellow and black....

Come on up Fort Hays State!!!
                          yep..

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
                            I am seeing several regional games set up against teams that might or might not play each other normally. DePaul v Loyola. Cincinnati v Louisville. Things like that. Games that don't require getting on a plane.

I could see K-State pulling the release on a game, but definitely NOT KU. Far too risky of a game. They need matchups at home where the visitor has no ulterior motive, such as, I don't know, wanting to beat one of the few schools that has avoided playing said school (WSU) and not because the games are "bad games" for them, but because, WSU goes in with the motivation as Ivan Drago said....

That's what happens to KU. Its okay to lose to a Michigan St/Louisville/Michigan St at home, but it really is ALL ABOUT FEAR. They won't schedule teams at home unless they are "supposed" to win. They are the Syracuse of the midwest, mostly refusing to travel for a game unless the conference so mandates it (or unless Bill Self has thhe opportunity to flash his big ol smile to the national TV cameras when something goofy happens during the game.) All too often they run into a team, usually a supposed "Mid-Major" in the NCAA Tourney and we get to watch that smile turn upside down. Most supposed elite programs are nothing more than dirigibles, filled with hot air, waiting to be popped.

Comment

Duh.... Everything in my statement still stands.
                              Your complaint about buy games described exactly what a buy game is. No qualms at all for those buy games. Complaints should come from the 250+ variety.
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Your complaint about buy games described exactly what a buy game is. No qualms at all for those buy games. Complaints should come from the 250+ variety.
                                I guess agree to disagree. Having Home games vs 100-150 NET teams provides us no real benefit over a home game vs a 200+ team. A Q3 game is just as pointless as a Q4 game. The only difference is you are much more likely to lose a Q3 game than a Q4 game.

While I agree we shouldn't have an entire slate of Q4 games, the more important part is securing Q1 and Q2 games. So i just don't see the benefit of having a large chunk of Q3 games. Need to minimize bad losses, and maximize good wins. Average Wins (Q3 or Q4) and Average Losses (Q1 and Q2) mean next to nothing come selection Sunday.

Comment

Working...
                                X