X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
    Actually that may have changed...

Comment

• Has the Oklahoma series come to an end?

Comment

• I think we are still playing OU but that would be in OKC at Chesapeake Arena.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post
          I think we are still playing OU but that would be in OKC at Chesapeake Arena.
          I don't think it's been officially renewed yet? I would think there is a good chance that it will though.

Comment

• If the AAC goes to a 20-game conference schedule, then we only have 1 non-conference game left. If not, then 3 more teams are needed to fill out the non-conference schedule.

Comment

• Wish they would get the horns in a H&H. Would love the ammo to unload on my friends around here!

Comment

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post
                Wish they would get the horns in a H&H. Would love the ammo to unload on my friends around here!
                We’ve had three occasions where we could have played Texas in tournaments if both teams won (or, I suppose, both lost in a couple of them)...but it didn’t happen.

2009 CBE in KC (we lost, so we played Iowa)
                2013 CBE in KC (they lost, so we played BYU)
                2019 NIT

I really despise Texas (only a few notches below my hatred for sCUm and the Beakers), so I’d love to see that game. I don’t see Shaka doing Gregg any favors though.
                78-65

Comment

• Missouri is down but I was glad to see them added to the schedule. I know with a high degree of certainty that a good number of Missouri and KU basketball players have been practicing together daily at a estate in Johnson Country since students were dispersed due to COVID. Is that allowed?

Comment

• Originally posted by MelvinLoudermilk View Post
                    Missouri is down but I was glad to see them added to the schedule. I know with a high degree of certainty that a good number of Missouri and KU basketball players have been practicing together daily at a estate in Johnson Country since students were dispersed due to COVID. Is that allowed?
                    Technically NO! I believe it would be ok after May 18th.
                    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

Technically NO! I believe it would be ok after May 18th.
                      Is that true? As long as coaches aren't directing it or aren't present, I don't believe there are restrictions on who players can meet up and play with.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Is that true? As long as coaches aren't directing it or aren't present, I don't believe there are restrictions on who players can meet up and play with.
                        My thinking is the restriction would be 'social distancing' in Johnson County.
                        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• HawgBeat's non-conference basketball game wish list for Arkansas - Hawg Beat

Andrew Hutchinson, Senior Staff Writer
                          posted: 05/07/20

"...Here is a list of the top 11 opponents HawgBeat came up with, divided up by the kind of matchup - home-and-home, neutral site or just a home game - preferred…

Home-and-Home Wish List
                          Memphis
                          St. John’s
                          Texas
                          Kansas

Wichita State - Similar to Kansas, this matchup makes sense because of the two school’s proximity. Despite being separated by a 4.5-hour drive, though, Arkansas and Wichita State have played just twice, with both games coming in 1956. The Shockers have evolved from one of the top mid-majors in the country to now being considered a high-major program as a member of the American Athletic Conference. With Gregg Marshall at the helm, Wichita State has won at least 22 games in 11 straight seasons. In addition to being a resume booster (Wichita State finished the season at No. 41 in the NET), Charles Koch Arena is known for having a great environment, so it would help prepare Arkansas for tough road games in the SEC
                          Butler..."

Comment

• Boatright mentioned in an article that there is an emphasis on cutting road trips that require flying and focusing more on regional scheduling. Schools within a ~4-hour road trip radius include OU, OSU, KU, KSU, Ark, Mizzou, Creighton, MoSt, UMKC, and UNeb. Just those schools would make for a solid NonCon schedule. Unfortunately, 3 of those schools seem to be a pipe dream.

​​​​​​https://thesunflower.com/50930/sport..._Bm2NvFM_X0azo

Comment

• I thought I read somewhere that OSU scheduled a H/H with ORU. Another aspect of a H/H like that is that OSU may be cutting its' budget for buy games.

Cutting budgets for buy games could mean the end of basketball for some low majors.

On that subject, some MVC schools could have problems. MSU, SIU, Evansville, possibly even UNI depend on buy money to support their programs. Athletic budgets at the schools who pay for buy games are taking a hit. Revenues from attendance at FB are likely to be down this fall. FB schools that don't have significant TV revenue will face some difficult choices.
                              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• UMKC, Nebraska-Omaha, Oral Roberts, Ark-Pine Bluff, Drake, North Texas. Can’t forget these powerhouses.

Comment

Working...
                                X