Fred VanVleet (2012-16) "Future" Shocker Sports Hall of Famer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

He felt it was time to put Wichita back on the College Basketball map, which is exactly what happened. He then stayed true to his commitment...
    Yeah, let's go with that.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

I'm not disputing any of what you say shoxlax.

AC started as a Frosh because he was already one of the top 40 players in the Country, in D1, and would have started at Kentucky if he went there, and he could have. He felt it was time to put Wichita back on the College Basketball map, which is exactly what happened. He then stayed true to his commitment...

I'm as grateful and big a fan of FVV as anyone on this board, including the estimable Doc. But in Today's College Basketball world a player like Antoine ain't going to Wichita State. Unless there's another Antoine out there...
      Fair enough and you make a great case…..

Comment

• Nice to see Fred and our other alumni players enjoying this Creighton game. And the same for our current players too. Koch arena magic again. Go shocks.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

Our weight room is subpar, we need our own practice facility that men and women’s teams can use at the same time, and it would be nice to have a little better meeting areas for recruits and families. So, yes, basketball is better off than other sports on campus but is losing the arms race with their competition.

While track and field needed their new workout and team rooms badly, it did seem odd that a bigger more inclusive facility wasn’t built. Does anyone know the story behind it? We are so fortunate to have the baseball alumni that we do.

At least basketball has been able to keep most of their staff so there’s that.
          Here’s an interesting facilities concept…

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Comment

• Special special person and WSU is so fortunate to have him repping the school.

Comment

• Lowry signed a FA deal with Miami. FVV is going to have an even more expanded role.
                "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

• Good for Fred.

Comment

• Fred not forgetting the wheat.

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
                      Fred not forgetting the wheat.

https://twitter.com/ChrisLillyKAKE/s...429886471?s=19
                      Could have produced that from day one. Is there some licensing needed for the wheat logo? Did someone not want to pay any fees until HCGM was former?

Comment

• Originally posted by mattdalt View Post

Could have produced that from day one. Is there some licensing needed for the wheat logo? Did someone not want to pay any fees until HCGM was former?
                        Stop
                        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• That is an Awesome looking shirt. Seriously is that shirt for sale in Wichita? If so I would go and buy several.

PS. I also think one with a smaller similar logo over on the left side of the shirt would be off the chart in sales.

Comment

• I think "wheat" is pretty much public domain.

Comment

• He had those at his pop-up during TBT. Mine is in grey instead of white though.
                              Go Shocks!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerDropOut View Post
                                He had those at his pop-up during TBT. Mine is in grey instead of white though.
                                Yea I grabbed that one too

Comment

Working...
                                X