No announcement yet.

Fred VanVleet (2012-16) "Future" Shocker Sports Hall of Famer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freddie making Giannis look silly earlier today. Damn!! So good!

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
      Freddie making Giannis look silly earlier today. Damn!! So good!

I never get tired watching Fred. He is so strong when he goes to the cup. And he can shoot layups with either hand.

Comment

• Fred had an interesting game last night against the Timberwolves.

The Good: 37 minutes, 7 rebounds, 3 steals, 2 blocks, 2-2 FT, +17 +/- (best on the team)

The (sort of) Bad: 12 points, 4 PFs, 2-9 3pt

The Ugly (for Fred): 4-20 FG, 3 assists, 5 TOs

They won 86-81 after getting blistered in the 3rd Q 29-13. Also of note, Lowery did not play due to an ankle problem.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
          Fred had an interesting game last night against the Timberwolves.

The Good: 37 minutes, 7 rebounds, 3 steals, 2 blocks, 2-2 FT, +17 +/- (best on the team)

The (sort of) Bad: 12 points, 4 PFs, 2-9 3pt

The Ugly (for Fred): 4-20 FG, 3 assists, 5 TOs

They won 86-81 after getting blistered in the 3rd Q 29-13. Also of note, Lowery did not play due to an ankle problem.
          I watched most of the first half and all of the second... lets just say Fred didn't get a very good whistle. He was getting beat up when he went inside with several no-calls. Even the Timberwolves announcers questioned a couple of the no-calls. Fred got a little upset and kicked a chair when he subbed out; when he came back in, he couldn't get into an offensive rhythm. He had a lot of open looks, but couldn't knock them down. Honestly, I don't know how they won the game. The Timberwolves Ricky Rubio pretty much handed it to them with two crucial turnovers down the stretch. Regardless, Fred makes them go and gets the ball to the right people when needed.
          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• This game is easy!

Comment

• Big win for the Raptors over the 76ers tonight. Fred has a very good line : 38 minutes and 23 points, 7-15 FG / 5-10 3pt / 5 rebounds / a steal / a block / 9 assists and no TOs.

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
                This game is easy!

That's pretty a guaranteed ESPN Top 10 Play. Maybe #1

This article goes into a little bit more detail on what made the shot so good and also has video with the call from the Toronto announcers which is a bit more exuberant than in the above video.

This heave to beat the shot clock looks like luck, but Fred VanVleet's awareness and hustle made it happen for the Raptors.

Last edited by 1972Shocker; February 21, 2021, 09:48 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

That's pretty a guaranteed ESPN Top 10 Play. Maybe #1

This article goes into a little bit more detail on what made the shot so good and also has video with the call from the Toronto announcers which is a bit more exuberant than in the above video.

This heave to beat the shot clock looks like luck, but Fred VanVleet's awareness and hustle made it happen for the Raptors.
                  Also noticed that he did not celebrate or even smile. He just got back and looked at what the opposing team was doing coming back down.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

Also noticed that he did not celebrate or even smile. He just got back and looked at what the opposing team was doing coming back down.
                    He got that from tekele
                    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Is Steady Freddy Ready to Become Freddy Franchise?

Interesting article. And I'm 100% on-board with the nicknames.

Comment

• Fred VanVleet has been the driving force of the Raptors’ turnaround. With Kyle Lowry headed for free agency—or, perhaps, to another team at the trade deadline—can he lead Toronto into its next era, too?

Comment

• I never get tired watching and reading stories on Fred. I love that announcer statement when Fred made that incredible bank shot. " Because his name is Fred Vanvleet and he is from Rockford Illinois " LMAO. But you know I seem to remember Fred making a full court shot in Emporia to win some kids at a basketball camp free ice cream. My man Fred!

Comment

• Freddy out tonight as part of league Covid protocol:

Fred VanVleet, Pascal Siakam and OG Anunoby will not be available when Toronto hosts Detroit on Wednesday.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post

He got that from tekele
                              Hard to find a better mentor than Tekele... loved him!

Comment

• Fred, along with Siakam and Anunoby, have been out the last 2 games under COVID protocol. The Raptors also had the 2 games prior to that Ppd. Before that, Toronto had lost 2 of their last 3. Without this trio, they have lost 2 more.

Comment

Working...
                                X