Fred VanVleet (2012-16) "Future" Shocker Sports Hall of Famer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Horn28Clem30 View Post

Because he had one bad playoff series against an elite defensive team? Dude has done nothing but improve and will be among the superstars of the game. Zero chance that deal is a bust.
    You made many statements that are right on point. He has made extensive strides in his game. He is one of the best players on the Raptors. He was very good in the regular season and during a portion of the playoffs. However, superstars find a way to shine in the biggest moments. With a Siakam who makes shots, the Raptors move past the Celtics and have a great chance to win it all again. If Fred or Lowry is 6'9", I"m confident that they also move past the Celtics. He has the potential to be great but he disappointingly disappeared during the Celtic series, and Superstars don't do that.

Comment

• I am willing to give Siakim sort of a pass. I think it is too early to say he is a bust. Look at Lebron's failures in the playoffs early in his career or MJ for that matter. It happens to all of them. Not saying he is Lebron or MJ level but it is not a pattern at this point. He was a big reason they were even in the position they were in at the end. He is only 26. Not willing to say it's a bust yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Horn28Clem30 View Post

Because he had one bad playoff series against an elite defensive team? Dude has done nothing but improve and will be among the superstars of the game. Zero chance that deal is a bust.
        I'm not going to say he's a bust, but it was more than just 1 bad series. He was pretty bad the entire time in the bubble. Maybe that affected him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

I'm not going to say he's a bust, but it was more than just 1 bad series. He was pretty bad the entire time in the bubble. Maybe that affected him.
          I think alot of guys were out of their element and had a lot on their minds within the bubble. I personally am not going to see it as much of a trend.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

I think alot of guys were out of their element and had a lot on their minds within the bubble. I personally am not going to see it as much of a trend.
            My personal bubble has been challenging to say the least; thank God for my good buddies on Shockernet.
            "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Comment

• No one on here said Siakem was or is a bust.

-One even called him a Superstar in the making.
                -Another was willing to give his poor playoff performance a pass.
                -The strongest negative statement said, his deal had bust potential but didn’t say he was a bust.
                -Another said he wouldn’t go so far to say he was a bust
                -I said his playoff series was disappointing and while he showed tremendous potential, it’s too early to call him a superstar.

No no one said he was a bust.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post
                  No one on here said Siakem was or is a bust.

-One even called him a Superstar in the making.
                  -Another was willing to give his poor playoff performance a pass.
                  -The strongest negative statement said, his deal had bust potential but didn’t say he was a bust.
                  -Another said he wouldn’t go so far to say he was a bust
                  -I said his playoff series was disappointing and while he showed tremendous potential, it’s too early to call him a superstar.

No no one said he was a bust.
                  Ok...

If this is in reference to me, I never accused anyone of saying he was a bust. I simply said I wouldn't say he was a bust.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Ok...

If this is in reference to me, I never accused anyone of saying he was a bust. I simply said I wouldn't say he was a bust.
                    Just tying in all of the posts for accuracy purposes. Everyone has their opinion but after a couple of pages, often accuracy gets lost. The interesting thing about Siakem is that he came out of obscurity (New Mexico State and hasn't played basketball long) and rose quickly. I personally think that Siakem could still become a superstar, but he proved in the playoffs, he isn't ready to carry the team when championships are on the line so he isn't one yet, and he won't be seen as a superstar if he doesn't prove this. However, every superstar needs very good talent around him, and if Toronto's talent pool begins to fade in the next couple of years, he may lose his opportunity to show it in Toronto.

Comment

• Isn't it spelled Siakam?
                      Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• Ujiri says resigning Fred is high priority.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                          Isn't it spelled Siakam?
                          Coming from King Wu, spelling is super important.

Comment

• Comment

• T Hero stole Fred’s line...

491 likes, 7 comments - shelovestheraptors on September 24, 2020: "....in the words of FVV #betonyourself! What an impressive performance! #TylerHerro . . #nba #miamiheat #nbaplayoffs"
                              "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Very nice article on FVV.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-ba...e-past-decade/

Comment

Working...
                                X