2019-20 Happenings around the AAC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Big blow for USF. Could be the difference from getting that extra team in the tourney.
    Yep. They were going to make up part of a very solid core Top 7 or so in the league that was going to be a ton of T1 and T2 games. Hope the young man can recover fully.

Comment

• Man!! That's a tough bow for USF. Alexis could really play some ball. Wishing him good luck on his recovery.

Comment

• Comment

• College Basketball’s Team-by-Team Injury Report for the 2019-20 Season - Stadium Basketball Insider

by Jeff *******
          NOVEMBER 5,2019

AMERICAN ATHLETIC
          Cincinnati – Prince Toyambi (heart) out indefinitely.
          East Carolina – None
          Houston – None
          Memphis – None
          SMU – None
          South Florida – Alexis Yetna (knee) is out for the season. Mayan Kiir (person) out indefinitely.
          Temple –Damian Dunn (foot) out indefinitely.
          Tulane – Nic Thomas (hand) out until next week.
          Tulsa – None
          UCF – None
          UConn – Richie Springs (academics) won’t play this season.
          Wichita State – Jaime Echenique (broken hand) out at least three more weeks.

Comment

• How Penny Hardaway became the godfather of Memphis basketball - SB Nation

By Ricky O'Donnell
            Nov 5, 2019, 11:52am EST

"Only Penny could revitalize his hometown Tigers.

...Hardaway’s first recruit didn’t need any convincing. After playing under Hardaway’s tutelage at Lester and Memphis East, Alex Lomax had grown into a four-star prospect with offers that included Florida, LSU, and Cal. He signed a letter of intent with Wichita State with hopes of becoming the next Fred VanVleet. Things changed when Memphis hired Hardaway. Just weeks after Hardaway’s introductory press conference, Lomax ditched the Shockers and accepted a scholarship from Memphis.

“When I committed and signed with Wichita, no one knew Penny was going to get the Memphis job,” Lomax said. “I called Coach (Gregg) Marshall and told him I wanted my release. I’m still thankful for Coach Marshall for giving me the opportunity....”

Comment

• All 353 Division I basketball teams as quotes from Moby Dick - SB*Nation
              By Tristan Jung
              Nov 5, 2019, 6:56am PST

"This title is not a joke...

American

Central Florida
              “And since in this famous fishery, each mate or headsman, like a Gothic Knight of old, is always accompanied by his boat-steerer or harpooneer” - Knights and Squires

Cincinnati
              “...concerning which the fishermen have this saying, “A penny roll would choke him;” his swallow is so very small.” - Jonah Historically Regarded

UConn
              “But Pip loved life, and all life’s peaceable securities...what was thus temporarily subdued in him, in the end was destined to be luridly illumined by strange wild fires, that fictitiously showed him off to ten times the natural lustre with which in his native Tolland County in Connecticut.” - The Castaway

East Carolina
              “In thought a fine human brow is like the east when troubled with the morning.” - The Praire

Houston
              “Surely, he will stop for water. Nay. For a long time, now, the circus-running sun has raced within his fiery ring, and needs no sustenance but what’s in himself.” - The Grand Armada

Memphis
              “Why did the poor poet of Tennessee, upon suddenly receiving two handfuls of silver, deliberate whether to buy him a coat, which he sadly needed, or invest his money in a pedestrian trip to Rockaway Beach?” - Loomings

USF
              “‘What has he in his hand there?’ cried Starbuck, pointing to something wavingly held by the German. ‘Impossible! - a lamp-feeder!’” - The Pequod Meets the Virgin

SMU
              “Like one who after a night of drunken revelry hies to his bed, still reeling, but with conscience yet pricking him, as the plungings of the Roman race- horse but so much the more strike his steel tags into him...” - The Sermon

Temple
              “For notwithstanding its complicated tracery of sculpture, the Temple of the Law, like the Temple of the Philistines, has but two props to stand on.” - Fast Fish and Loose Fish

Tulane
              “To a landsman, no whale, nor any sign of a herring, would have been visible at that moment; nothing but a troubled bit of greenish white water, and thin scattered puffs of vapor hovering over it, and suffusingly blowing off to leeward, like the confused scud from white rolling billows.” - The First Lowering

Tulsa
              “‘That’s his hump. There, there, give it to him!’ whispered Starbuck.” - The First Lowering

Wichita State
              “For did ye three but once take the full-forced shock, then mine own electric thing, that had perhaps expired from out me.” - The Quarter-Deck

Comment

• That guy has a little too much time on his hands.

Comment

• Temple forward Jake Forrester received a waiver for immediate eligibility today. Sophomore that played his freshman season at Indiana but didn't see the court much. Not sure where he fits into the Owls rotation but was a good recruit coming out of high school.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
                    All 353 Division I basketball teams as quotes from Moby Dick - SB*Nation
                    By Tristan Jung
                    Nov 5, 2019, 6:56am PST

This is weirder than my Mortal Kombat post.

Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• Temple may be better than most folks thought.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post
                        Temple may be better than most folks thought.
                        I agree. They looked pretty solid when I watched them against Maryland.

Comment

• Comment

• Is it bad that I just want to see Sean Miller sweating bullets on the sideline again??

Comment

• Originally posted by JVShocker(1) View Post
                              Is it bad that I just want to see Sean Miller sweating bullets on the sideline again??
                              Only Wichita State makes him erupt into cold sweats.
                              You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

• 3G needs a pair of shoes like Penny.

Comment

Working...
                                X