No announcement yet.

2019-20 Happenings around the AAC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dare I say it...but cool to be having Tulsa back. At least for this year.
    FINAL FOURS:
    1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
    1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
    Number of Times Ranked: 157
    Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
    Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
    Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
    #3 - Dec. 2017
    #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
    #2 ~ March 2014
    Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Meanwhile in Connecticut....

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
        Meanwhile in Connecticut....

The UConn blog forgot to mention owning the WEIRDEST coach in the NCAA...and that INCLUDES Bruce Weber....

Comment

Can you imagine how insufferable some of those UConn fans would be if they were ever actually good.

Guess we will never know!

Comment

That's an SB Nation site, but it sometimes functions as a troll account, very much in the mold of the NoEscalators account (also a UConn tweeter).
            "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by molly jabali View Post

The UConn blog forgot to mention owning the WEIRDEST coach in the NCAA...and that INCLUDES Bruce Weber....
              Have you seen his brother?

Comment

• I don't really know a whole lot about Dan Hurley.....he might be the nicest guy in the world and I know he is a good coach.....but I find his faces and sideline behavior so annoying.

Whoever runs "The UConn Blog" twitter page is quick on their feet. Funny reading the back and forth with some Shocker folks

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post

Have you seen his brother?
                  the brother from the 'same' mother...
                  "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by MelvinLoudermilk View Post
                    I don't really know a whole lot about Dan Hurley.....he might be the nicest guy in the world and I know he is a good coach.....but I find his faces and sideline behavior so annoying.

Whoever runs "The UConn Blog" twitter page is quick on their feet. Funny reading the back and forth with some Shocker folks
                    Do we know he's a good coach?

He's 10 years into his career. 2 Total NCAA Tournaments (one win in each of those years). 1 NIT with 1 win. So 3 total postseason appearances and wins in 10 years. 1 Conference championship in 10 years. Career winning percentage of 57%.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

He's 10 years into his career. 2 Total NCAA Tournaments (one win in each of those years). 1 NIT with 1 win. So 3 total postseason appearances and wins in 10 years. 1 Conference championship in 10 years. Career winning percentage of 57%.

I think he is but he might prove to be a little out of his league at this level. time will tell

His first year at RI he had 8 wins....his last 2 seasons he had 51. In two seasons at Wagner he went from 13 wins to 25.

After they leave the AAC I won’t care about UConn one way or the other. Not sure I care now other than how they help us achieve our goals

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

LOL Please don't give us the facts.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post

LOL Please don't give us the facts.
                          Agreed.

Comment

• math.png
                            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Topshock View Post

Can you imagine how insufferable some of those UConn fans would be if they were ever actually good.

Guess we will never know!
                              UConn is aware they are much like KU, just in the east. no football team to speak of, only won in basketball when cheating. See https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...iminal-culture and Kevin Ollie was so bad at cheating he was dismissed with cause. Cause he got caught :)

Comment

• Originally posted by molly jabali View Post

Comment

Working...
                                X