No announcement yet.

2019-20 Happenings around the AAC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "East Carolina's men's basketball team entered the season with only one senior on its roster.

The Pirates now have none.

ECU coach Joe Dooley announced following Tuesday night's 71-57 win over Maryland Eastern Shore that senior forward Seth LeDay has left the team. LeDay played in the first six games of the season before sitting out the last five games. LeDay was present for the team's home game against Coppin State on Dec. 3, but did not appear in any fashion on the bench the last two home games. Dooley said after this past weekend's win over Campbell that LeDay was working through some "personal" items, before revealing at the end of Tuesday's press conference that he will no longer be with the team...."

Comment

• "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• League is WSUs for the taking. Memphis is still really good... But not unbeatable.

Comment

• Wonder if Cole Anthony's injury had anything to do with this decision.

Comment

• Sooooo, what else they find?

Comment

• This is detrimental to Penny’s recruiting. You have the #1 overall pick leaving your team because, for whatever reason, he feels he would be benefitted best by not training under the coach.

Ouch.
              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
                My guess is that he probably wasn't going to be academically eligible for the 2nd semester anyway. Total speculation on my part.

Comment

• From the CBS Sports article:

Wiseman says
                  I'm thankful for everyone who has supported my family and me throughout this process.
                  I believe that's what got you that 11-game suspension.
                  The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                  We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Shame. Would have liked to see the shockers match up with him at least once this year.

Comment

• Cincinnati got a committment from 4☆ PF Tari Eason. 247 has him listed as #122 and #26 PF. Hopefully UC can get a couple more good recruits to help the league.

Comment

• With Houston knocking off a top 25 team, I think the three front-runners have emerges going into conference play: Memphis, Houston, and WSU. UConn, Temple, and Cinci are close behind and will have a say in who wins the conference. Maybe a three bid league this year?
                        Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
                          With Houston knocking off a top 25 team, I think the three front-runners have emerges going into conference play: Memphis, Houston, and WSU. UConn, Temple, and Cinci are close behind and will have a say in who wins the conference. Maybe a three bid league this year?
                          I think you're right about the top teams who will be challenging in the league and have an opportunity for the NCAA. However, It may be a possibility of 4 but for sure 3. It depends on who a team loses to in conference from now on. Some teams cannot afford to lose to ECU (even on the road) and it may be costly to lose to Tulane.

American Massey Ratings
                          Memphis 20
                          WSU 22
                          Houston 28
                          Temple 57
                          UConn 71
                          Cincy 82
                          UCF 84
                          SMU 87
                          USF 136
                          Tulsa 145
                          Tulane 157
                          ECU 246

The lowest teams rankings from the other Top Conferences
                          Tex. AM 178
                          Vandy 160
                          Neb. 147
                          Wash.St. 140
                          NW 137
                          Prov. 127
                          KSU 119
                          Bos. Coll 115
                          UCLA 114

In Summary, the teams in the AAC who are on the bubble, cannot afford to lose to USF, Tulsa, Tulane, or ECU.

Last edited by Shockm; December 26, 2019, 10:02 AM.

Comment

• The shockers are fully reloaded this year and ready to factor into the American regular season race again. We were a bounce away from taking first in our inaugural season two years ago and I think it can be argued this team is better or at least has more potential. Athleticism is improved. Defensive is inarguably improved. The defense alone will keep us in almost every game. My biggest question is the offense. I don’t think we’ve reached our potential on that end yet and expect it to continue to improve (the KP rank seems to slowly inch up each game as additional evidence).

Comment

• The AAC should be REALLY good next season. Besides for a few teams (Tulane, Temple, and Cinci) every other teams is getting most of their contributions from juniors and below. Who knows what will happen with Memphis and the draft, but you can almost guarantee 75% of the AAC will be better next year. Pretty exciting!

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
                                The shockers are fully reloaded this year and ready to factor into the American regular season race again. We were a bounce away from taking first in our inaugural season two years ago and I think it can be argued this team is better or at least has more potential. Athleticism is improved. Defensive is inarguably improved. The defense alone will keep us in almost every game. My biggest question is the offense. I don’t think we’ve reached our potential on that end yet and expect it to continue to improve (the KP rank seems to slowly inch up each game as additional evidence).
                                This team wouldn’t lose to Marshall, I can tell you that.

Comment

Working...
                                X