2019-20 Happenings around the AAC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
    ECU's Schedule was "leaked" for next year. It's ugly.

Last years NET and Quadrants:
    11/10: Arkansas-Pine Bluff - 348 - Q4
    11/13: vs Liberty (Charlotte, NC) -67 - Q2
    11/16: UNC Wilmington - 297 - Q4
    11/19: Maryland-Eastern Shore* - 350 - Q4
    11/23-25: Gulf Coasr Showcase
    12/1: Old Dominion - 173 - Q4
    12/5: Coppin State - 322 - Q4
    12/8: at Charlotte* - 176 - Q3
    12/16: Radford - 183 - Q4
    12/19: James Madison - 280 - Q4
    12/21: Southern Miss - 290 - Q4

So: 0 Q1, 1 Q2, 1 Q3, 8 Q4

Here is the potential in their tourney:
    73.) Akron
    79.) Vermont
    105.) Indiana St.
    180.) Delaware
    234.) Omaha
    244.) Fordham
    296.) Middle Tennessee St.
    Man these guys do themselves no favors when people complain about the bottom of the AAC. Even Tulane is trending in the right direction (love Ron Hunter). Good on him for staying, but I can't believe Jayden Gardner hasn't transferred to a better team.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

Am I reading that right with the (at Charlotte, NC) and Charlotte* that there are NO true road games. 8 home games and 5 neutral.
      The * is because the game is confirmed but not signed yet. They have 1 true road game.

Comment

The * is because the game is confirmed but not signed yet. They have 1 true road game.
        Ok.

WOW!

Comment

Ok.

WOW!
          We did too last year ... but our home games weren't the trash that ECU put together there.

Comment

• MAY 7,2020
            2020-21 College Basketball Events Schedule

https://watchstadium.com/2020-21-col...le-05-07-2020/

HALL OF FAME SHOOTOUT (Charlotte – Spectrum Center)
            Nov. 13 Virginia vs. Temple; Virginia Tech vs. Davidson; East Carolina vs. Liberty

PAC-12 CHINA OPENER (Shanghai, China)
            Nov. 14 Washington vs. Tulane

CHARLESTON CLASSIC (Charleston, S.C. – TD Arena)
            Nov. 19, 20, 22 Charleston, Florida State, Houston, Oklahoma State, Penn State, Seton Hall, Tennessee, VCU

JUNKANOO JAM (Bimini, Bahamas)
            Nov. 19-22 BYU, Boston College, Tulsa, George Mason

HALL OF FAME AIR FORCE RESERVE TIP-OFF (Uncasville, Conn. – Mohegan Sun)
            Nov. 21-22 Marquette, Minnesota, Rhode Island, Central Florida

FORT MYERS TIP-OFF (Fort Myers, Fla. – Suncoast Credit Union Arena)
            Nov. 23-25 Butler, Colorado, South Florida, Wisconsin

GULF COAST SHOWCASE (Fort Myers, Fla.)
            Nov. 23-25 Akron, Delaware, East Carolina, Fordham, Indiana State, Middle Tennessee, Omaha, Vermont

BATTLE 4 ATLANTIS (Bahamas)
            Nov. 25-27 Duke, Ohio State, Creighton, Memphis, Texas A&M, Utah, West Virginia, Wichita State

NIT SEASON TIP-OFF (Brooklyn – Barclays Center)
            Nov. 25, 27 Arizona, Cincinnati, St. John’s, Texas Tech

HOLIDAY HOOPSGIVING (Atlanta – State Farm Arena)
            Dec. 12 Clemson vs. Alabama; Mississippi State vs. Dayton; LSU vs. South Florida; Auburn vs. Memphis

DIAMOND HEAD CLASSIC (Honolulu – Stan Sheriff Center)
            Dec. 22, 23, 25 Arizona State, Hawaii, Oklahoma, Saint Mary’s, San Diego State, Seattle, Temple, Western Michigan

Comment

We did too last year ... but our home games weren't the trash that ECU put together there.
              And that was my main point. Rather than ECU going on the road a few times against Q1 or Q2 teams, they're taking a huge chance of losing to a Q3 or Q4 at home. Total killer for the conference.

Comment

• Didn't the Valley impose a rule that teams were penalized financially for not having a strong oc schedule.May have lasted only one year

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
                  Didn't the Valley impose a rule that teams were penalized financially for not having a strong oc schedule.May have lasted only one year
                  That was in the Valley of Even. I should hope we are in a much different thinking conference with the AAC.

Comment

That was in the Valley of Even. I should hope we are in a much different thinking conference with the AAC.
                    We are in a much different thinking conference but teams such as ECU and others do not schedule few to any tough match ups in hopes of a good win loss ratio. Their strength of schedule sucks and brings the whole conference strength down as well. If the school doesn't take the initiative then perhaps our different thinking conference should show them the error of their ways. With holding money is always a good incentive.

Comment

• In a surprise move ... Jank is actually putting together a decent schedule.

SMU should have a pretty good team coming back and those should be two Q1 opportunities for them.

Comment

ECU's Schedule was "leaked" for next year. It's ugly.

Last years NET and Quadrants:
                        11/10: Arkansas-Pine Bluff - 348 - Q4
                        11/13: vs Liberty (Charlotte, NC) -67 - Q2
                        11/16: UNC Wilmington - 297 - Q4
                        11/19: Maryland-Eastern Shore* - 350 - Q4
                        11/23-25: Gulf Coasr Showcase
                        12/1: Old Dominion - 173 - Q4
                        12/5: Coppin State - 322 - Q4
                        12/8: at Charlotte* - 176 - Q3
                        12/16: Radford - 183 - Q4
                        12/19: James Madison - 280 - Q4
                        12/21: Southern Miss - 290 - Q4

So: 0 Q1, 1 Q2, 1 Q3, 8 Q4

Here is the potential in their tourney:
                        73.) Akron
                        79.) Vermont
                        105.) Indiana St.
                        180.) Delaware
                        234.) Omaha
                        244.) Fordham
                        296.) Middle Tennessee St.
                        Does this have to do with coronavirus causing a budget problem for them and thus limiting travel to near the home base, and having as many home games as possible?

unc wilmington 114 miles
                        maryland-eastern shore 240 miles
                        old dominion 123 miles
                        coppin state 319 miles
                        charlotte 239 miles
                        radford 291 miles
                        james madison 298 miles

There are lots of strong teams in their immediate vicinity that they could play, but my guess is that nearly all strong teams had 90% of their schedule locked in a year ago.
                        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Shocker fans unfortunately know all too well how a schedule that looks great in July can turn out to be mediocre by March. I imagine it’s possible that could work the other way as well.

Even if the lack of strength holds true, I wonder what ECU’s net would be if they won all or most of those games? After all, I don’t necessarily care if ECU makes the tournament. It would be a nice surprise but I don’t currently place them in the pool of AAC teams I expect to be in the tourney most years like WSU, Houston, Cinci, Memphis, etc. I could be wrong but I would think as long as they take care of business, even against that schedule, they should at least be in Q2/Q3 territory.

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
                            Shocker fans unfortunately know all too well how a schedule that looks great in July can turn out to be mediocre by March. I imagine it’s possible that could work the other way as well.

Even if the lack of strength holds true, I wonder what ECU’s net would be if they won all or most of those games? After all, I don’t necessarily care if ECU makes the tournament. It would be a nice surprise but I don’t currently place them in the pool of AAC teams I expect to be in the tourney most years like WSU, Houston, Cinci, Memphis, etc. I could be wrong but I would think as long as they take care of business, even against that schedule, they should at least be in Q2/Q3 territory.
                            I don't see any way that any of those teams would get much push or attention even if they set the world on fire. Conferences are too weak to make an impact. The best most of them could do would MAYBE be Q2 but that is even a stretch.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

I don't see any way that any of those teams would get much push or attention even if they set the world on fire. Conferences are too weak to make an impact. The best most of them could do would MAYBE be Q2 but that is even a stretch.
                              They won't move to Q2. They would need to be Top 75 since they are basically all home games. It's a stretch to say most of those games have a chance at Q3

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Does this have to do with coronavirus causing a budget problem for them and thus limiting travel to near the home base, and having as many home games as possible?

unc wilmington 114 miles
                                maryland-eastern shore 240 miles
                                old dominion 123 miles
                                coppin state 319 miles
                                charlotte 239 miles
                                radford 291 miles
                                james madison 298 miles

There are lots of strong teams in their immediate vicinity that they could play, but my guess is that nearly all strong teams had 90% of their schedule locked in a year ago.
                                It's a pride thing I think. ECU isn't good, they have never been good. This likely eliminates them getting any chance at getting Home and Homes with quality teams. ECU refuses to accept that they probably need to go get bought by some good teams a few times a year. They would likely make more money that way and might actually be able to sell it to recruits that they are going to go play at some good schools. Instead of doing that, they just buy a bunch of crappy teams because that's all that they can get there. If they can actually be decent, they can probably start to land some decent home and home games, but I can see why no one would want to play them. It's a lose/lose game.

Comment

Working...
                                X