• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Top25 this week? Thoughts on polls?

Comment

Originally posted by rialaigh View Post
      Nope. Not enough momentum going into this one. We'll have to get one more.

Comment

Originally posted by rialaigh View Post
        Not likely since WSU is not even getting votes in AP POLL. Maybe WSU will pick up some votes. If VCU could move into the T25 and then WSU beat them that would help.

In coaches poll WSU should move up to mid30s, but hard to see them break T25.

Last edited by SB Shock; December 14, 2019, 11:56 PM.

Comment

Comment

I get what they’re saying but I’m growing tired of the “wait until next couple years” talk. This year has already been “fun” so far and the team has the potential to do big things now IMO. If the name on the jersey was North Carolina or Kentucky or Duke I doubt the narrative would be the same.

Comment

For me, last year was the 'wait til next year' moment. This is is looking like a group that can easily win the 1st game and then perhaps garner an upset into the 2nd weekend.

The NCAA is not like it used to be where you have to wait for guys to gain experience. I'm not saying it doesn't help, but we should be going to the tourney every year.

Last year was an outlier.
              "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

*Whatever* the media types say I just have the funny feeling neither GGG nor this team feels like having patience and waiting for next year. They are getting better all the time and so far the only team that has beaten them is ahead of them a bit in the NET.

Comment

Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
                  I get what they’re saying but I’m growing tired of the “wait until next couple years” talk. This year has already been “fun” so far and the team has the potential to do big things now IMO. If the name on the jersey was North Carolina or Kentucky or Duke I doubt the narrative would be the same.
                  I read it a bit differently. I think he means to include this year in his next couple years. CJ Moore has usually been pretty pro-WSU.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post

I read it a bit differently. I think he means to include this year in his next couple years. CJ Moore has usually been pretty pro-WSU.
                    Yes ... he's basically saying we will be a problem for this year and the next 2 years at least ....

Comment

• IMO we are a consistent pg who creates offense for others away from being ridiculously good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jhook89 View Post
                        IMO we are a consistent pg who creates offense for others away from being ridiculously good.
                        I think we have the PG....it's the consistency. I thought Sherfield took over the OU game at about the 10 min mark. If we start getting 40 minutes of that....look out.

Comment

• Sherfield was phenomenal when we went to the pickle-roll offense late in the game. Though, it's reasonable to wonder how we would all feel if he had missed a couple of those 12-foot floaters (luckily we don't have to cuz he's a baller and made them). He still struggles mightily with running the stock motion offense and sets. BUT, he's a freshman 10 games into his career, so it's not something I'm worried about. He'll get there in time, and he's doing enough right to see lots of court time to get it working.

Comment

• My take on Sherfield is that almost all, if not all, the players to play point for Coach Marshall have gone through an adjustment period. Even FVV.

Sherfield has the skill to be very good on both ends of the court. He’s shown it multiple times against various levels of opponents. He’s struggled with consistency and isn't quite there overall. Yet. I’m betting that things will click for him at some point this year and when they do he will turn some heads.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Yes ... he's basically saying we will be a problem for this year and the next 2 years at least ....
                              That's a little annoying. We've basically been a "problem" since Marshall has been here and will continue to be in the future, whether that's 2 years, 5 years, or 10 years. It shouldn't even be worth mentioning honestly.
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
                                My take on Sherfield is that almost all, if not all, the players to play point for Coach Marshall have gone through an adjustment period. Even FVV.

Sherfield has the skill to be very good on both ends of the court. He’s shown it multiple times against various levels of opponents. He’s struggled with consistency and isn't quite there overall. Yet. I’m betting that things will click for him at some point this year and when they do he will turn some heads.
                                I definitely like his game. Consistency is the understatement of the post. He just needs to take what's available to him. If the lane opens up off a pick, go for it. I don't want him to catch JB disease and think that after 1 good game, that he can just keep doing the same thing over and over again, even if it stops working.
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X