2019-20 Media Love Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

It's an obscure channel that's way down the guide on most cable platforms. New Big East fans will tell you it's the second coming of Christ, but they constantly have to prop themselves up with this deal to make themselves feel better about it. Their conference message board has like a 500 page thread going on about it, every program that's on the channel, it's daily ratings reports, etc. Very mid-majorish insecurity.
    It is a good deal in some respects. They got paid. Now, no one is watching them and they will not get paid like that the next time around because of it, but that's a future problem. Honestly, not sure what happens with the FS#s going forward. Horrible ratings, and spending money to do it.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
        Blessings to you, but I have no idea what this is about without subscription...

Comment

• So, wich, how about a summary of the gift for WSU for us non-subscribers? I'm guessing that the Chickenhawks' 3-point defense isn't a topic of hot concern to most of us, but I for one would be curious what the "gift" is.

Comment

• Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
            So, wich, how about a summary of the gift for WSU for us non-subscribers? I'm guessing that the Chickenhawks' 3-point defense isn't a topic of hot concern to most of us, but I for one would be curious what the "gift" is.
            The gift would be getting Dex back to form.

The author questioned what kind of look he would have gotten from Gregg Marshall if last May he had told Marshall that Teddy Allen would not be on the roster and Dennis would be shooting 23.5 percent from 3 and averaging 7.1 points through 10 games, but your team will be 9-1.

Regarding Dex the author wrote that sometimes it’s hard for a guy to get out of his own head, but it’s not like his talent has disappeared. At some point you’d think he’ll start making shots again.

Sounds good to me. How about Dex finding the switch in about 18 hours.
            Last edited by 1972Shocker; December 20, 2019, 05:07 PM.

Comment

• I wonder how much of last year’s Dex was a function of last years roster. We had a bunch of freshmen that were’t very good and we had 2 seniors taking most of the shots. This year, everyone expected Dex to be the guy and he’s kind of shriveled up under pressure. Maybe he will snap out of it once he realizes he doesn’t have to be the guy.

Comment

• I don't get the impression shriveling under pressure is a thing with Dennis. Just needs a few things to happen in a row and people will forget all about the last 4 weeks.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

The gift would be getting Dex back to form.

The author questioned what kind of look he would have gotten from Gregg Marshall if last May he had told Marshall that Teddy Allen would not be on the roster and Dennis would be shooting 23.5 percent from 3 and averaging 7.1 points through 10 games, but your team will be 9-1.

Regarding Dex the author wrote that sometimes it’s hard for a guy to get out of his own head, but it’s not like his talent has disappeared. At some point you’d think he’ll start making shots again.

Sounds good to me. How about Dex finding the switch in about 18 hours.
                  Thanks for the summary, 1972. Getting Dennis back on target would definitely be a gift, and it's a reasonable one to hope for unless he's suddenly forgotten how to shoot, which seems unlikely. Where's Chip Engelland when you need him?

Good question about the Allen / Dennis / 9-1 parlay. A 9-1 start for this team, while maybe not exactly expected, certainly isn't implausible -- but the way they've gotten there probably could not have been foreseen.

Comment

• Dave Skretta, Washington Post: Wichita State quietly on rise as AAC begins to sneak up

Comment

• The past seems a little more like the present with each Wichita State win that builds on coach Gregg Marshall's hallmarks of defense and depth.

Comment

• Gettin' some SI love

The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jhook89 View Post
                          IMO we are a consistent pg who creates offense for others away from being ridiculously good.
                          I feel like Jamarius is underrated and undervalued. He's on pace to finish second all time in assists at WSU behind only Fred. He makes others better, a lot better, and does it consistently.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

I feel like Jamarius is underrated and undervalued. He's on pace to finish second all time in assists at WSU behind only Fred. He makes others better, a lot better, and does it consistently.
                            Totally agree. The guy broke Joe Griffins assist record at WSU that was on the books for at least 25 years. And Joe Griffin was one bad a$$ dude. And JB did it taking over the point guard position halfway during the season last year. He is the only player on our team that played point guard in high school AND led his team to the State Championship. All this coming off a serious injury the previous year. As Coach always says if JB develops a consistent shooting touch he will be all conference.

In my opinion, one of the reason our team was good against VCU was that we have 3 good point guards with JB, GS, and NF. We talk about our 4 headed monster at center but we also got a 3 headed Raptor at the point guard position. And when you throw in TE and ES ability to pass and shoot the ball we got some guards with game.

The question I have is if these guys can continue to stick together and improve our good defense to an elite defense. I have confidence that they will continue to improve if they continue to put the team first. Go Shocks.

Comment

• Sherfield has demonstrated an ability to draw and dish at an elite level, specifically against ou, several times this year.

From what little I've seen of the AAC so far this year it appears only uconn's guards could match up with ours...
                              Last edited by ShockingButTrue; December 25, 2019, 07:01 PM.

Comment

• The center situation, makes me think of hydra. Cut off one head and two more take its place!

Maybe the PG situation is like Cerberus! The three headed dog that guards the gate to hell!
                                Livin the dream

Comment

Working...
                                X