2019-20 Media Love Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
    Sherfield has demonstrated and ability to draw and dish at an elite level, specifically against ou, several times this year.

From what little I've seen of the AAC so far this year it appears uconn's guards could match up with ours...
    Yea they got some good guards. But from what I seen they have tendency sometimes to play selfish. Also that big guy they have in the middle is pretty good too. It will be tough game for the Shocks at their place.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post
      He is the only player on our team that played point guard in high school AND led his team to the State Championship.
      This is true, however; Fernandes did lead his team to the class A semis and then lead his team to a number 1 seed in the national prep tourney. Sherfield lead his high school team to the 6A state semis and the following year, lead his team to the national semis. Pretty good winning pedigree from those 3.

Etienne basically did the same as well. A New York AA semi and a national prep semi finish. He played some point at both schools.
      Livin the dream

Comment

Yea they got some good guards. But from what I seen they have tendency sometimes to play selfish. Also that big guy they have in the middle is pretty good too. It will be tough game for the Shocks at their place.
        I’ve not seen UConn this year, but if their fans only watched some of our early games, Sherfield and Erik were playing hero ball.
        Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

I’ve not seen UConn this year, but if their fans only watched some of our early games, Sherfield and Erik were playing hero ball.
          Yeap I agree. And in the WVU game JB did not have a good game because he tried to do too much. Hope our guys learned from their mistakes in those earlier games and let the game come to you instead of trying to force it.

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

This is true, however; Fernandes did lead his team to the class A semis and then lead his team to a number 1 seed in the national prep tourney. Sherfield lead his high school team to the 6A state semis and the following year, lead his team to the national semis. Pretty good winning pedigree from those 3.

Etienne basically did the same as well. A New York AA semi and a national prep semi finish. He played some point at both schools.
            Yeap No doubt about it. We got some guards that got game. Hope they continue to grow.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

I feel like Jamarius is underrated and undervalued. He's on pace to finish second all time in assists at WSU behind only Fred. He makes others better, a lot better, and does it consistently.
              I was going to put this in the VCU thread, but given your post Doc, decided to place it here.

2 WSU players had very consistent games in the loss at VCU last year and the win here this year, Burton and Udeze. In the ( )s is last year's # with the second this year's #.

Burton: Minutes 68 (32/36), FG 8-17 (4-8/4-9), 3pt 2-5 (1-2/1-3), FT 4-7 (3-4/1-3), 16 total rebounds (8/8), 8 off reb (4/4), 8 assists (3/5), 22 points (12/10)

Udeze: Minutes 40 (19/21), FG 6-13 (3-6/3-7), 13 rebounds (6/7), and 13 points (6/7)

Comment

The question I have is if these guys can continue to stick together and improve our good defense to an elite defense. I have confidence that they will continue to improve if they continue to put the team first. Go Shocks.
                Where do you draw the line for elite?

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post

When you are one of 8 remaining teams in the Tournament, you are one of the Elite 8. Safe to assume being the #8 defense makes us elite! There might be some out there that think #8 is only "good" with room for drastic improvement.

Comment

I think that we’ve played elite defense and elite rebounding against VCU. We’ve probably also played it at other times this year. I think as we play better and more talented teams, we will be more consistently elite as long as we consistently play defense and rebound. Our players are seeing the benefit to playing “angry”. The interesting thing about this team is our offensive capabilities. Against OSU, we played so good offensively that we didn’t notice how good our defense was. Against VCU we didn’t shoot the ball that well, especially from the free throw line. We wouldn’t have won by double figures had we not played elite defense and rebounded.

it’s our offense that we’ve shown the most improvement. If we continue to grow in the areas of passing, and making good offensive decisions (Sherfield, Ettienne, JB, etc.), we will become a better team.

Comment

• Reads a lot like a recap of a bunch of other articles, but yurview gave the Shox some love

The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

To tell you the truth, I am not sure. But I bet Coach Marshall knows. He keep saying that they are just getting started and that the ceiling is high. Maybe it is like how the Courts use to define obscenity. " We can't define it but we know it when we see it" LOL I just remember that last team with Evan Wessel and group was one of the toughest defensive teams in the country. They were not as good on offense but man they could shut you down. The tallest starter was Darrius Carter at 6 7. Yikes.

Comment

• Elite is when you notice the same comments from every opoosing coach you play. They sound something like this:

"We didn't really shoot as well as we normally do...."

"We didn't rebound as well as we normally do....."

"We turned the ball over more than usual today...."
                          "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
                            Elite is when you notice the same comments from every opoosing coach you play. They sound something like this:

"We didn't really shoot as well as we normally do...."

"We didn't rebound as well as we normally do....."

"We turned the ball over more than usual today...."
                            It sounds like you are saying that Elite is being consistently very good or consistently good against teams with good ratings.

Comment

• I like it when the opposing coaches scouting WSU talks about how tough they have to play to beat us and how hard they have to go to the glass to keep us off the offensive boards I’m always thinking “if you have to teach your kids how to play tough for one game, you’ve already lost”.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

I feel like Jamarius is underrated and undervalued. He's on pace to finish second all time in assists at WSU behind only Fred. He makes others better, a lot better, and does it consistently.
                                My theory is you cannot win in CBB if your PG talent level does not rise to the level of the rest of your players.

I can point to dozens of examples over the last three years but I will cut to the bottom line: we don’t have that problem.

Comment

Working...
                                X