2019-20 Media Love Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

I feel like Jamarius is underrated and undervalued. He's on pace to finish second all time in assists at WSU behind only Fred. He makes others better, a lot better, and does it consistently.
    I had later posted clarification that I didn’t mean that the answer wasn’t already on the team currently. I think JB, Sherfield, and Fernandes are all capable of it.

IMO our Kryptonite right now is when the ball sticks on offense and too many guys are playing hero ball. It’s definitely improving though. JB is doing a great job and is the guy I’m most comfortable with running the team right now. Though he too has a tendency to play hero ball and rush down the court and take a shot before even attempting to start the offense.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

It sounds like you are saying that Elite is being consistently very good or consistently good against teams with good ratings.
      I think an element to it is not having an off day, or at the very least, an 'off' day is above average.
      "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Is Virginia elite on defense?

Comment

• Comment

• Love the balanced attack. Makes the Shocks much tougher to deal with.

WSU has found success during its 10-1 start to the season with its balanced scoring attack. Erik Stevenson (13.2 points per game) leads the Shockers, while Tyson Etienne (11.0), Jaime Echenique (10.0), Jamarius Burton (9.5), Grant Sherfield (9.1) and Trey Wade (9.0) all average at least nine points per game.

Although the Shockers have the lowest leading scorer, they are the only team in the American that have six players averaging at least nine points per game.
            And this is with the loss of Teddy Allen and with Dex's struggles.

Comment

• Hmmmmmmm.... maybe the AAC coaches had a premonition!

"The Shockers were picked to finish fourth in the AAC by the other 11 head coaches in the conference on Monday morning at the AAC media day in Philadelphia, a vote of confidence for such a young team. WSU finished with 88 points, just six behind Cincinnati in third and nine above South Florida in fifth.

Despite coaches voting WSU fourth, they did not select a Shocker for any of the 11 spots available on the preseason all-conference teams."

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
                Hmmmmmmm.... maybe the AAC coaches had a premonition!

"The Shockers were picked to finish fourth in the AAC by the other 11 head coaches in the conference on Monday morning at the AAC media day in Philadelphia, a vote of confidence for such a young team. WSU finished with 88 points, just six behind Cincinnati in third and nine above South Florida in fifth.

Despite coaches voting WSU fourth, they did not select a Shocker for any of the 11 spots available on the preseason all-conference teams."
                Thats because the Shocks don't have any players with any high level talent. According to a lot of other AAC message boards, they say the shocks are just a well coach team that plays hard. For example UCONN, Memphis, and Houston have McDonald All Americans and 4Star players ranked in the top 100 on their teams. The Shocks simply don't compete with that talent. Anyway thats what they say.
                Last edited by TheShocktocles; December 27, 2019, 04:26 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post

Thats because the Shocks don't have any players with any high level talent. According to a lot of other AAC message boards, they say the shocks are just a well coach team that plays hard. For example UCONN, Memphis, and Houston have McDonald All Americans and 4Star players ranked in the top 100 on their teams. The Shocks simply don't compete with that talent. Anyway thats what they say.
                  Bunch of idiots...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• MVC All Decade Team. Tell me who you think their Player of the Decade Is?

IMG_20191229_101724.jpg
                        ValleyHoopsInsider.com names its Missouri Valley Conference All-Decade Team. It was a decade of transition for the Valley.

Comment

• I wonder of Goatlube got to vote. He always was a big fan of Fred's

Comment

• We got three on the list with FVV, RB, and Cle. Cotton was HM.
                            Livin the dream

Comment

• If I was picking 10, I'd want Dougie Buckets, Tuttle, and 8 Shox. Anyone else and you're going way out of your way to not have too many Shox on your list.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                                If I was picking 10, I'd want Dougie Buckets, Tuttle, and 8 Shox. Anyone else and you're going way out of your way to not have too many Shox on your list.
                                That's what I got from the article. I think if I wrote it, I would just say "I'm avoiding putting too many from one team" and go on with an all around list.

But if I was choosing the absolute best, it would be a Shocker heavy team. RB, FVV, CE,TC for sure. Dougie.

From there who should round out the list?

Comment

Working...
                                X