Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2020 Crossover Classic (formerly Battle 4 Atlantis)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can we just rename it the Covid Classic?

Comment

• As much as I would love to play Creighton ... We could potentially be trading games against Missouri and Oklahoma State for Utah State and South Dakota State. Unless we get a quarantine waiver ... I'm not sure why we go.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
        As much as I would love to play Creighton ... We could potentially be trading games against Missouri and Oklahoma State for Utah State and South Dakota State. Unless we get a quarantine waiver ... I'm not sure why we go.
        Because no game is guaranteed. If you give up a couple games just in the hopes of playing Mizzou or OSU - u may not get them because they could at anytime be quarantine with the state of Covid.

I would think that if they are testing 3 times a week something should be worked out - but knowing the authoritarian nature of democratic governors, who knows.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

Because no game is guaranteed. If you give up a couple games just in the hopes of playing Mizzou or OSU - u may not get them because they could at anytime be quarantine with the state of Covid.

I would think that if they are testing 3 times a week something should be worked out - but knowing the authoritarian nature of democratic governors, who knows.

Question answered ...

Comment

Question answered ...
            What, a small piece of positive news?!

Almost certain it’ll get cancelled now!! It wouldn’t be 2020 if not!!
            The Assman

Comment

• Probably because our cases are higher than theirs and it’s actually more harmful to come here from South Dakota than vice versa.

Or somebody slipped a buck to the KDHE to help out.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                Probably because our cases are higher than theirs and it’s actually more harmful to come here from South Dakota than vice versa.

Either way, I don't care haha. By game time, it will be more than 8.5 months since I last saw WSU play basketball. I think we all will need this given COVID and everything else off the court since March.
                "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Question answered ...
                  This is HUGE!!!

Comment

• Comment

Geez, thanks a lot Shock Top!!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                        Probably because our cases are higher than theirs and it’s actually more harmful to come here from South Dakota than vice versa.

I wonder if it is because of the increase of cases in KS. KDHE has just magical formula they use, but they say "This provides a number that can then be compared to the rate in Kansas. States and countries with significantly higher rates -- approximately 3x higher -- are added to the travel quarantine list." Could be since the KS cases are a lot higher than a couple weeks ago and South Dakota has held steady.
                        Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post

What, a small piece of positive news?!

Could be even if they just end up with 4 teams they'll still have it and let everyone play each other still get 3 games in. It'll be interesting to see what happens.

Comment

• Hello! Is anyone looking for tickets for the Crossover Classic event? I have tickets to Game 5 and Game 12 for the event and I'm looking to sell for face value; I'm from Wisconsin and was planning on attending the event but have since changed my mind. Alas! Feel free email me at knighfan88@yahoo.com if interested. Thank you!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ted Lasso's Neighbor View Post

Could be even if they just end up with 4 teams they'll still have it and let everyone play each other still get 3 games in. It'll be interesting to see what happens.
                              I just happened to look at the schedule at https://www.crossoverclassic.com/schedule/ and there's a women's tournament there after the men's tournament. Three days as well but there are only four teams involved for it. So if they ended up with only four men's teams as well, they could just follow the same type of format.

Comment

• Ugh .. UNI is replacing Texas A&M ... Can we back out now? this has turned into a turd of a tournament.

Went from all power teams to the only possible power teams are West Virigina, Creighton and a team that's already in our own conference.

Comment

Working...
                                X