2019-20 National Rankings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shox The Revenant View Post
    I'm surprised St. John's is only getting 3 votes. They have an 11-2 record with wins over Arizona and West Virginia.
    Those are certainly good wins. Losses are to Vermont at home and neutral court to Arizona State. But the rest of their schedule is very weak.

The open Big East play at home against Butler tomorrow. Win that one and they will be on the radar screen I would think.

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
      I can’t seem to drum up any excitement about our top 10 NET rank. It won’t make any difference to us come March, right? Only the teams who beat us will care.
      I have a feeling that there is an error in Google net calculation and some point they will find their error. The NET is bastard cross-pollination of the RPI and KenPom with some unknown weighting. WSU ranking is the following.

KENPOM - 31
      RPI - 20

But when you look at the raw numbers, WSU numbers are solid but not great like you would expect for #10. I struggle to find why the NET loves WSU. SOS aggregate is not great. WSU only played 1 true road game. I just keep expecting they will find some error and correct it any day now.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

I have a feeling that there is an error in Google net calculation and some point they will find their error. The NET is bastard cross-pollination of the RPI and KenPom with some unknown weighting. WSU ranking is the following.

KENPOM - 31
        RPI - 20

But when you look at the raw numbers, WSU numbers are solid but not great like you would expect for #10. I struggle to find why the NET loves WSU. SOS aggregate is not great. WSU only played 1 true road game. I just keep expecting they will find some error and correct it any day now.

While it's a hybrid, it's not using those 2 items directly. Also keep in mind that KenPom doesn't completely phase out last year's data until mid to late January. So we are still a little hobbled based on that

Comment

• I think part of the error is that KenPom treats our win vs OK as a home game. It should be a semi-home game according to the NCAA, Not a big difference but possibly a couple of points.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

KENPOM - 31
              RPI - 20

Thats the trouble with you engineers. Always looking for something screwy just because you think something is hinkey

Comment

• If ever I am having a “meh” kind of day, I always look for WstateU’s post...always make me literally laugh out loud. But that chicken gif...that may be in top 5 all time!

Thanks WstateU! BA

Comment

• Some love here at #10.

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
                    Some love here at #10.

#7 Memphis, Previous: No. 13
                    The Tigers (12-1) getting this high without James Wiseman is a true stunner. Penny Hardaway and his staff have done an excellent job. Memphis is still the favorite in the AAC, but oddly, still just 29th at KenPom.

10 Wichita State, Previous: No. 16
                    The Shockers are an ideal example of how these power rankings work. You won't find Wichita State in the top 10 of any metric or poll, but in the past month they've played dominantly, displaying themselves as a top-10 team in that span while going 6-0 on the way to a 12-1 mark, including wins over Oklahoma, Oklahoma State and VCU. Last noncon game of the season is Saturday at home vs. Ole Miss.

#11 West Virginia, Previous: unranked
                    Let's gooooo, Mountaineers! Bounceback season for Bob Huggins' team was confirmed with last weekend's 67-59 win over Ohio State in Cleveland. WVU is 11-1, has a top-15 freshman in big Oscar Tshiebwe and one of the best players in the Big 12, Derek Culver. Huggins will be taking this team to the NCAA Tournament.

Comment

• Bumpity bump. Are we moving up?

Comment

• Originally posted by wheathead View Post
                        Bumpity bump. Are we moving up?
                        We will either move up one, perhaps two places and I'm leaning closer to two spots. We will move ahead of #23 Iowa as they lost to #21 Penn State. Will we move ahead of #16 West Virginia? This the key to moving two sports. I think it will be close.

Also, our total AP Voter points will definitely get better as the following teams behind WSU all lost this last week:

#26 Colorado
                        #27 Xavier
                        #28 DePaul
                        #29 Washington
                        #30 Northern Iowa
                        #31 Utah State
                        #32 Saint Mary's College
                        #33 Marquette

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post

We will either move up one, perhaps two places and I'm leaning closer to two spots. We will move ahead of #23 Iowa as they lost to #21 Penn State. Will we move ahead of #16 West Virginia? This the key to moving two sports. I think it will be close.

Also, our total AP Voter points will definitely get better as the following teams behind WSU all lost this last week:

#26 Colorado
                          #27 Xavier
                          #28 DePaul
                          #29 Washington
                          #30 Northern Iowa
                          #31 Utah State
                          #32 Saint Mary's College
                          #33 Marquette
                          ? didn't Marquette hammer Villanova?

Comment

• Originally posted by ABC View Post

? didn't Marquette hammer Villanova?
                            Yes, but they also lost this week to Creighton.

Comment

• West Virginia will not and should not drop below us.
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Curious to see where Memphis ends up also

Comment

Working...
                                X