• Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
    Yaay!

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
      HOT DAMN!

Comment

• Beat 2 teams ranked #25 and guess what...you get a #25 ranking. How neat. Lol
        FINAL FOURS:
        1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
        1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
        Number of Times Ranked: 157
        Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
        Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
        Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
        #3 - Dec. 2017
        #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
        #2 ~ March 2014
        Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• I like the recognition that comes with being ranked, but the fact that Kentucky is ranked tells you all you need to know about the polls being trash.
          Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

• Besides USA Today, what other media outlets use the coaches poll?
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• What aggravates me about polls is teams like Kentucky or Duke are ranked high early in the year based purely on potential. There is no accurate way to judge just how good a team full of freshmen is. Then those teams play each other, which serves as just a self perpetuating facade, or some clearly overmatched cupcake. Occasionally, a talented veteran team like SFA lucks itself into a game with said overrated freshman squad, and to no surprise to anyone with a brain, beats them. But the polls don’t really penalize the freshman squad, because, hey, they’re GOING to be really good soon. And so programs like Duke and Kentucky start at the top of the mountain because they’ll be good at the end of the year, and teams that are actually good get undervalued and have a mountain to climb just to get some respect.

This ridiculous cycle repeats itself every year. I wish they wouldn’t do polls until mid December at the earliest to give voters a chance to honestly gauge the quality of teams before they rank them. As it is, they’re guessing from the beginning and their minds aren’t easily changed throughout the season.
              "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• I’m not troubled by today’s rankings at all. Let’s face it, we got our asses handed to us by WVU, beat a decent OSU. squad that was missing it’s playmaker, knocked off a lower level Big 12 team and squashed a lower tier SEC squad in South Carolina (let’s hope yesterday’s beat down of Virginia isn’t an anomaly). Granted, we easily handled a really good VCU team that will make noise come March, but being on the verge of a top 25 ranking is just about right for our Shox. Finish out the non con with two wins and beat Memphis and then a case can be made that we’re a top 20 team.

Comment

• I would agree we got our ass handed to us on the boards against WVU but overall I’d say that was a winnable game until very near the end and the final score doesn’t really reflect how close the game was throughout.

Comment

• Wichita State quietly on rise as AAC begins to sneak up

pretty good article. This made me chuckle:

"Jaime Echenique leads a bunch of bruisers in the paint that come in such waves that it's difficult for opponents to avoid wearing down in the second half."

Comment

• Originally posted by MelvinLoudermilk View Post
                      Wichita State quietly on rise as AAC begins to sneak up

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...k-up/40879213/

"Jaime Echenique leads a bunch of bruisers in the paint that come in such waves that it's difficult for opponents to avoid wearing down in the second half."
                      “This time last year we were just kind of floundering into Christmas, if you will, with our tail between our legs after getting dismantled in Richmond,” Marshall said. “And the beautiful thing is we may be just getting started.”

"We've only just begun..."

Last edited by Kung Wu; December 23, 2019, 03:41 PM.
                      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                        “This time last year we were just kind of floundering into Christmas, if you will, with our tail between our legs after getting dismantled in Richmond,” Marshall said. “And the beautiful thing is we may be just getting started.”

"We've only just begun..."

Gotta get the correct color...

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                          Gotta get the correct color...
                          Best to just highlight all the text and click the single box in the far upper left of the color palette. That means use whatever color the default is for the template the person is on.

Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• Originally posted by MelvinLoudermilk View Post
                            Wichita State quietly on rise as AAC begins to sneak up

Interesting article below the one referenced in which Jim Boeheim complained about the lack of fan support in Syracuse. (Full disclosure, I got my undergrad at SU after my freshman year at Wichita State.).

It’s pretty telling when they can’t attract a crowd in Syracuse. So I would say that Marshall is not the only coach calling out the fans.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Best to just highlight all the text and click the single box in the far upper left of the color palette. That means use whatever color the default is for the template the person is on.

Comment

• they should be ranked much higher. no, #26 or #25 doesn't do it for me.
                                Last edited by another shocker; December 23, 2019, 05:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X