2019-20 National Rankings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Steeleshocker View Post

I prefer to not call out ranking an undefeated team. I remember all the crap we had to put up with in 2013-2014. Being undefeated is hard.
    Eh, 14 games in 2014 we had played and beat 6 teams better than the best team they have played this year. They have 2 non D1 wins and none of the rest are within the Top 100 of KP. They are a decent team... But ranked??

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Eh, 14 games in 2014 we had played and beat 6 teams better than the best team they have played this year. They have 2 non D1 wins and none of the rest are within the Top 100 of KP. They are a decent team... But ranked??
      Call out a middling/mediocre/overhyped team, then. But not the ranking of an undefeated team just barely in the top 25.
      You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

• Stick, you put on a pot of coffee so you can stay up late and keep an eye on the incoming ballots? You had a year off last year but looks like Sunday night's are going to be busy the next few years!!

Comment

• Yep. Don't complain about Liberty. Complain about Kentucky.

Comment

• Originally posted by Steeleshocker View Post

Call out a middling/mediocre/overhyped team, then. But not the ranking of an undefeated team just barely in the top 25.
            It's possible for that to be the overhyped undefeated team...

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
              Yep. Don't complain about Liberty. Complain about Kentucky.
              Why not both?

Comment

• Pretty sure that Davis is not showing political bias with his ranking of Liberty:

I do think we deserve to be ahead of them, but I also appreciate giving schools from non-power conferences some love for an impressive record.
                Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

• Fair enough. He just isn’t on record about Liberty.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                    Yep. Don't complain about Liberty. Complain about Kentucky.
                    I tend to be onboard with this. Although Liberty's SOS is atrocious and really not comparable to us in 2014, they do have a KP of 57 and a NET of 17. If we're bragging up our NET, then you better be ok with Liberty's too. I'd rather throw them a bone then some overrated Kentucky or Maryland garbage. They're doing all they can with the schedule they made 2 years ago. You can be a good team and not play anybody. Now it's harder to prove that you are good if you don't play anybody. We'll get a better idea of Liberty in their next game at LSU, although LSU is starting to slide down a bit.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Hold it. Is he an official voter? Can he revise his ballot?

Comment

• Originally posted by ABC View Post
                        Hold it. Is he an official voter? Can he revise his ballot?
                        If you are talking about Seth Davis... Yes he's an official voter. I'm sure he sent the second one since he posts them on Twitter first

Comment

• Thanks. Yes he is. I found it interesting you can submit updated ballots. It is certainly ok to change your mind.

Here is a place to find all of the voters and an analysis of their biases and votes. Feinstein likes us. https://collegepolltracker.com/basketball/

Comment

• Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post
                            This is the same Seth Davis that has dogged the shocks in the past. The same Seth Davis that said the shockers should not be in the tournament the year Fred and Ron were seniors. Honestly guys, what do you all expect? There are several people in the national media and in this state mainly in the North East part that just dont like WSU and do everything they can to put down their accomplishments or minimize their success.

Because I have seen this for so many years, it is why I show no mercy and take no prisoners when dealing with these people. Some times you have to crush them and tell them to STFU. Go Shocks.
                            Yeah but.jpg

Comment

• A part of me will be okay if the AP doesn't vote us in. Knowing GM and from his prior teams, it will be another chip placed on the shoulder and that usually means good things.

Comment

• College Basketball Power Rankings: Can Gonzaga end revolving door at No. 1? - ESPN

Jeff Borzello, Staff Writer
                                Posted: 12/22/19, 6:52 PM CT

"Gonzaga, it's your turn....

9. Memphis Tigers (10-1) Previous ranking: 12 - This week: vs. New Orleans (Saturday)
                                After more than a month of waiting out James Wiseman's suspension, the Tigers now know their best player and the potential No. 1 NBA draft pick will not suit up again for Memphis. It's a huge loss, just because it likely limits the team's ceiling, but don't write off the Tigers just yet. They're 8-0 without Wiseman, including wins over Tennessee, NC State and Ole Miss. Freshman forward Precious Achiuwa has been terrific in Wiseman's absence, while some of Wiseman's minutes have gone to senior big man Isaiah Maurice. Meanwhile, without freshman starter Lester Quinones, who has missed the past five games with a broken right hand, a couple of veterans (relatively speaking) have also provided some bench pop, with sophomores Tyler Harris and Alex Lomax stepping up....

In the waiting room:
                                #17 Michigan State...

#18 Wichita State: Gregg Marshall has positioned the Shockers as perhaps the biggest threat to Memphis in the AAC (although Houston will have a say in the race). They've lost just one game this season and have rattled off three wins in a row against Oklahoma State, Oklahoma and VCU.

#19 West Virginia: We're going to find out how good the Mountaineers really are in the next two weeks, as Bob Huggins' team faces Ohio State in Cleveland and then Kansas in Lawrence. There's only one negative on the ledger so far: a two-point loss at St. John's."

Comment

Working...
                                X