2019-20 Bracketology

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JVShocker View Post
    Also caught this little number..... TBT final rounds coming to University of Dayton Arena in August

Feb 18, 2020 - The University of Dayton Arena will be hosting a basketball tournament in August. DAYTON — The University of Dayton Arena will host the finals of this summer's The Basketball Tournament, a $2 million winner-take-all contest, the university announced Tuesday.

Even Colonel Klink agrees that our little camp here in Wichita, KS is centrally located. And we did set all kind of attendance records.

To be fair, the main appeal here in Wichita for a regional is that we have former Shockers playing. Unless they are guaranteed to be in the final, I doubt the finals would see the same kind of attendance here.
    "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
      So if we end up getting stuck in Dayton.. this is an interesting development.

That's the governor of Ohio
      This is considered a request, but not mandated or with any legal ramification.
      "Ralph Miller was one of the finest coaches in the history of intercollegiate basketball. His teams were always fundamentally sound, team oriented, well conditioned, and ran both their offense and defense with great patience. I know of no coach whose teams competed against his, whether it be at Wichita State, Iowa, or Oregon State, who did not have great respect for him."—John Wooden

Comment

• Originally posted by insaneykaney View Post

Did you see that Mike DeWine.. I sorry he doesn't look like someone, I would care to take advise or orders from.

Comment

Maybe ... but already seeing adjustments being made (MAC playing without fans in Cleveland)

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

To be fair, the main appeal here in Wichita for a regional is that we have former Shockers playing. Unless they are guaranteed to be in the final, I doubt the finals would see the same kind of attendance here.

Comment

Maybe ... but already seeing adjustments being made (MAC playing without fans in Cleveland)
              Sure, but at the same time, just bringing some clarity.
              "Ralph Miller was one of the finest coaches in the history of intercollegiate basketball. His teams were always fundamentally sound, team oriented, well conditioned, and ran both their offense and defense with great patience. I know of no coach whose teams competed against his, whether it be at Wichita State, Iowa, or Oregon State, who did not have great respect for him."—John Wooden

Comment

Sure, but at the same time, just bringing some clarity.

Comment

A true neutral court. Going to be weird.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post

A true neutral court. Going to be weird.
                    Each team gets to pick one fan to cheer on the team.

I vote Lynn

Comment

• DeVante Adams on hygiene and coronavirus.

"Wash your hands, Wash your butt, man."

Comment

• Things getting crazy. Ivy league just cancelled ALL spring sports .. the entire seasons ...

Comment

Things getting crazy. Ivy league just cancelled ALL spring sports .. the entire seasons ...

They are smart people who know very well about this pandemic. However, I think they still take risk if they let students come to the classroom.
                          Whatever you ask for in prayer with faith, you will receive. (Mt 21:22)

Comment

• NBA game(s) not having fans attend as well.
                            FINAL FOURS:
                            1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                            1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                            Number of Times Ranked: 157
                            Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                            Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                            Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                            #3 - Dec. 2017
                            #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                            #2 ~ March 2014
                            Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• CBI has been cancelled per ESPN

Comment

• Originally posted by T.VuOP View Post

They are smart people who know very well about this pandemic. However, I think they still take risk if they let students come to the classroom.
                                Or they are the IVY league and prioritize education over athletics. So cancelling athletics arent a big deal to them.

They are overreacting. But it is their right to do so.
                                "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Working...
                                X