2019-20 Bracketology

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
    As a fan, would you take a guarantee to be an 11 seed and a bye to play a 6 seed this instant?
    I’d take an 11 seed over a 7-10 seed straight up every day of the week. I’ve always been a believer in avoiding the 7-10 seeds (which is ironic, since we made the final 4 as a 9). IMO our goal in most years is to at least make the sweet 16, not just winning a game. While yes being a 7-10 seed gives us a better chance of winning our 1st game, our chances of winning against a 1-2 seed in the next round are pretty low. Doable obviously, but low. IMO there are generally 6-10 teams each year that possess not only the athletic ability, but the skill to make things very challenging for WSU. As an 11 seed you typically get a good, but not great 6 seed, then more than likely a 3 seed, which gives you a chance to avoid those 6-10 teams till the following rounds. I don’t think it’s a coincidence you see an 11 seed go far quite frequently.

Comment

• We’ve had success in that play-in game. A lot of teams use it as a springboard.

Comment

• No doubt we'll be one of the first teams out if we drop tonight's game

Comment

• That one actually looks more logical to me... granted, I don’t know $*** from Shinola.
          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

That one actually looks more logical to me... granted, I don’t know $*** from Shinola.
            I am a rancher, I don't know Shinola, but,,,,,,

Comment

• I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• Lunardi STILL has UNI in after that loss. Am I missing something? Don't they have like one good win?

Comment

• He probably thinks UNI will when the Missouri Valley Tournament next week. Wait...
                  FINAL FOURS:
                  1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                  1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                  Number of Times Ranked: 157
                  Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                  Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                  Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                  #3 - Dec. 2017
                  #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                  #2 ~ March 2014
                  Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post
                    Lunardi STILL has UNI in after that loss. Am I missing something? Don't they have like one good win?
                    I'm not getting that either. 2 Top 75 wins vs 3 >150 losses

Only thing I see is their NET. Which will likely tank tomorrow

Comment

• UNI will NOT be in the NCAA's. Ironclad guarantee.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Why is Rutgers in? No way they’re in. 1 road win at N. Zero scheduled non con road games. Lost to St Bon at home. I’m not saying we’re in and they aren’t, but they aren’t and any of 4 SoCon teams are. What a joke.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                          Why is Rutgers in? No way they’re in. 1 road win at N. Zero scheduled non con road games. Lost to St Bon at home. I’m not saying we’re in and they aren’t, but they aren’t and any of 4 SoCon teams are. What a joke.
                          Because the Big Ten isn’t getting enough teams in and an elite conference like that deserves more.
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

LOL at Texas, NC State, and Stanford in front of us in the pecking order.
                            Didn't you see Tulsa in that bracket?
                            Whatever you ask for in prayer with faith, you will receive. (Mt 21:22)

Comment

• Originally posted by T.VuOP View Post

Didn't you see Tulsa in that bracket?
                              They’re in there as the autobid right now since they’re in first. Won’t get an at-large.
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Is it true that the American regular champ get the autobid?
                                Whatever you ask for in prayer with faith, you will receive. (Mt 21:22)

Comment

Working...
                                X