2019-20 schedule?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shocker1976 View Post

Thanks for providing this information on Austin - IMO the loss of LS and AR far outweigh the loss of any other Shockers including Teddy Buckets this past season. Shocker fans have witnessed what Austin can do when he is healthy. From Coach Kruger's comments and the article's description of Austin I pray that he does not light up the Shockers as he did against Tulsa his Sophomore year as a Shocker. I look forward to watching him play as a healthy 200 lb MBB player for LK.

I remain a big fan of Austin Reaves!
    It sounds like you have a decision to make on which side or who you choose to sit with. You can’t split the middle of the fence.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

It sounds like you have a decision to make on which side or who you choose to sit with. You can’t split the middle of the fence.
      No problem for me as I will be cheering on the Shockers. I am just thankful AR found a home at OU and that Coach LK has no problem with playing the Shockers.

Comment

• Shockm
        Shockm commented
        Editing a comment
        I commend you for not having to swing (loyalty) to and fro in your mind. Nothing wrong with liking former players.

I know there are a few on here who pulled a 180 with Reaves, but I’ve always liked the kid. Seemed to be gritty, and I’m a big fan of grit. I really wish he’d stayed at WSU, but DD face guarding Austin would be a sight to see. Hell, lets make him the first player to somehow have a negative scoring number. But I’d be lying if I said I didn’t want him to torch the chickens for 60 points en route to a season sweep of the mythical birds.
      Once a Shocker, Always a Shocker-- RIP Guy Alang-Ntang

Shocker Basketball=Life

Comment

Austin was the kind of player that fits in perfectly at WSU. And he would have had a great career here.

But....

We got guys.
        "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

I don't have a single thing against the young man. All of us had relationships, both personal and professional, that haven't worked out. Every time there is a split, there doesn't have to be a bad guy. If AR would have finished his career here, I am sure every one of us would have would have been ecstatic every time he launched a 3 or took a charge. He represented Wichita State very well, and have not heard of one negative comment being made since his departure. I wish him a great career, and success in life....but I'll be cheering for the Shocks when OU comes to town!

Comment

I was a huge fan of Austin while he Shocked too, but I think he kind of blindsided us when he left. That's the reason I'd love to see Dex shut him down. I want to see him do well also, just not against our guys. At least Coach M will know who to press and trap at the end of a one possession game....amirite???lol...too soon??

Comment

I agree. Nothing wrong with liking former players as long as it doesn’t cross the line on who one cheers on in the final analysis.

I don’t want to relitigate it again but Austin was was a really good guy and player who from my understanding just showed his immaturity (goes two ways by the way) in a decision or maybe more that he made. I wish him well in everything except when he opposes the Shockers.

Comment

Living in jOklahoma, I'm sure I'll get to hear plenty about Austin Leaves. I just hope they call him "Wichita State Transfer Austin Leaves" his entire OU career like they did for Frankamp from wherever he transferred from.
                Last edited by shockrah; July 3, 2019, 12:55 AM.
                Rip em up, Tear em up, Give em HELL Shockers!

Comment

Reaves was damaged goods both years he was here. WSU found a surgeon that is probably better than any doctor Reaves could (or would) have found on his own. When he finally got in a position to have a healthy year, he left, and took a year off that he really needed.

With Shamet going to the NBA, Reaves leaving was incredibly damaging to the program, and Reaves had to have known that. I have to temper my support for former players who have damaged the program.
                  The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                  We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

WAY-TOO-EARLY (Big 12) POWER RANKINGS - NBC Sports

By Travis Hines
                    Posted: 07/02/19, 9:40 AM EDT

https://collegebasketball.nbcsports....t-back-on-top/

"...7. OKLAHOMA: Losing Christian James is going to put pressure on Brady Manek to step up offensively while Kristian Doolittle should take a step in his development as well. Wichita State transfer Austin Reaves’ ability to stretch defenses will be huge....

9. OKLAHOMA STATE: Mike Boynton has done an admirable job with a tough situation in Stillwater. Isaac Likekele is drawing strong reviews with Team USA’s U19 squad and both Lindy Waters and Cam McGriff are proven Big 12 players, but there are too many question marks here to feel strongly about the Cowboys breaking through.

10. WEST VIRGINIA: It’s not particularly hard to see this ranking prove to be considerably off given what we’ve seen Bob Huggins transform some rosters into, but last year was such a debacle that it’s difficult to peg the Mountaineers making a major move up the standings...."

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                      Reaves was damaged goods both years he was here. WSU found a surgeon that is probably better than any doctor Reaves could (or would) have found on his own. When he finally got in a position to have a healthy year, he left, and took a year off that he really needed.

With Shamet going to the NBA, Reaves leaving was incredibly damaging to the program, and Reaves had to have known that. I have to temper my support for former players who have damaged the program.
                      Maybe AR knew he needed to take a year off and was committed to taking a year off and knew that Landry was leaving and the sentiment would be that AR should not take the year off for the benefit of the team.
                      "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                      ---------------------------------------
                      Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                      "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                      "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

I wish him luck, but he was a Benedict Arnold. Not that he left, it was the way he left.

Comment

• Wuzee
                          Wuzee commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Agree. He's dead to me -- except when they're playing KU.

• XManCometh
                          XManCometh commented
                          Editing a comment
                          If you knew exactly WHY he left you'd probably change your tune. When I heard it I instantly said "Ohhhh well yea I'd have left too".

• WstateU
                          WstateU commented
                          Editing a comment
                          https://media.giphy.com/media/3o6Ztn...bO8g/giphy.gif

I do know the supposed reason why he left. Not buying it though.

Comment

Who cares about Ausin? TEDDY BUCKETS is gone!!!
                          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Someone needs to make 8 straight 3's in a half this year. I guess 7 would do, with an asterisk pointing out the longer distance 3 point line imposed by the NCAA this year.
                            Rip em up, Tear em up, Give em HELL Shockers!

Comment

Working...
                          X