No announcement yet.

2019-20 schedule?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The edict by the PAC 12 leadership seems to be a positive move for their conference. The movalley tried a similar move that I believe was successful for a couple of years. After the trial period it stopped. At that time I knew the other schools really weren’t interested in building their resumes

Comment

• another shocker
      another shocker commented
      Editing a comment
      well, i think that unc, ku, uk, dick vitale, espn, billy packer and jay bilas complained, bitched and moaned about it. as if the mvc ( ha ha) found a secret formula that gave them some kind of advantage over... remember that?

The Missouri Valley mandate led to four teams dancing. When too many schools complained about it being too tough or whatever it was scrapped and the conference went back to being a one, sometimes two, bid league. One of the first clear signs that the conference was beneath us and would do nothing but hold us back.

Bunch of soulless *******.
    The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Comment

• proshox
      proshox commented
      Editing a comment
      That is a fun story, but the opposite of what happened. The bottom teams that year played poor schedules but won the games...which kept them from being RPI disasters. The top half of the league was actually very good which allowed teams to prove themselves 8-10 times within the MVC.

Originally posted by Dan View Post
    Could be fun road trip, never been to Mississippi
    You haven't missed anything. Just driving through makes my skin crawl.

Comment

Originally posted by Topshock View Post

You haven't missed anything. Just driving through makes my skin crawl.
      Sounds like a story. What happened in Mississippi?
      Livin the dream

Comment

• Aargh
        Aargh commented
        Editing a comment
        Oops, can't embed in a comment

• WstateU
        WstateU commented
        Editing a comment
        It burnt...

Originally posted by wufan View Post

Sounds like a story. What happened in Mississippi?
      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Shocker1976
        Shocker1976 commented
        Editing a comment
        Wrong state, great movie but did not take place in Mississippi. Gene Hackman starred in a great Mississippi movie that was too hot to handle for some viewers.

• WstateU
        WstateU commented
        Editing a comment
        I believe it was Georgia. One of the best movies ever.
        Hackman starred in Mississippi Burning; another great movie.

I think Memphis fans have some of the same experiences with Ole Miss, Mississippi and Tennessee fans that we have to KU, KSU and to a lesser extent OU and OSU.

Comment

Central Arkansas will come to CKA on Thursday, December 5th. https://ucasports.com/news/2019/6/6/...ions-best.aspx

Believe this only leaves 3 games remaining for the non-conference schedule, that we know of.

Oklahoma
        Ole Miss
        VCU
        @ Okie State
        South Carolina
        West Virginia/Northern Iowa
        Gardner-Webb
        UT Martin
        Central Arkansas

Comment

• WuShock16
          WuShock16 commented
          Editing a comment
          Should be 4 more. Since we are playing in an MTE that gives us 4 games, we’ll have 13 non-conference games.

For example, stopping for gas, the number of not just uneducated but just plain stupid people were at a level I was not accustomed to. Add that to the pigs feet on the counter, the staring by the locals like they had just seen an alien and the unbelievable poverty and it was good to leave that place.

Comment

For example, stopping for gas, the number of not just uneducated but just plain stupid people were at a level I was not accustomed to. Add that to the pigs feet on the counter, the staring by the locals like they had just seen an alien and the unbelievable poverty and it was good to leave that place.
          Gotcha! Those who are uneducated and impoverished should be avoided. Couldn’t agree more.
          Livin the dream

Comment

Very disappointing to read such a post as this on Shockernet - I do not know you Topshock and given such a post I have no desire to meet or know you.

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post

Gotcha! Those who are uneducated and impoverished should be avoided. Couldn’t agree more.
              Sounds like Hillary doesn't it (progressive arrogance)?

"Abolish the electorate!"
              Last edited by ShockingButTrue; June 10, 2019, 07:29 AM.

Comment

Mississippi is 50th in poverty rate, and 46th in the us news and reports rankings of states overall education system. For comparison Kansas is 20th in poverty rate and 15th in education. In addition Mississippi ranks as one of the most racist states on numerous list and is the only state with a confederate symbol on their state flag.

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker1976 View Post

Very disappointing to read such a post as this on Shockernet - I do not know you Topshock and given such a post I have no desire to meet or know you.
                  Only a bigot and an idiot would defend Mississippi so I have no desire to meet you either.

Comment

I remember the shock of driving through Mississippi on the way to Florida in the late 80's with my parents. People were living in shacks. It was like I was on a movie set in the Reconstruction. I'm sure Oxford is nice, but Mississippi looked like a third world country from what I saw. I wouldn't voluntatily go back to Mississippi.
                    Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• BOBB
                      BOBB commented
                      Editing a comment
                      For the record, I avoid Planeview and Hilltop when I visit Wichita as well.

Mississippi has a better beach than Kansas... just sayin.
                    "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Working...
                    X