No announcement yet.

2019-20 schedule?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A nice perk living in Wichita is you can go to box office relatively easy to bypass all the added fees placed on tickets by ordering online. Us out-of-towners in big cities don't necessarily have that advantage driving to the arenas before game day to purchase tickets. Too much traffic and inconvenience. Go Shocks!!!!!!
    FINAL FOURS:
    1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
    1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
    Number of Times Ranked: 157
    Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
    Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
    Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
    #3 - Dec. 2017
    #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
    #2 ~ March 2014
    Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post

Kinda gotta call BS on the "Virtually all are over $100. I visit Denver a few times a year, take in an occasional Nugget game and have paid as little as ten bucks for a lower level corner seat. Usually, about $25 or so after fees. Yes, prime seats are through the roof, but a decent lower level seat won't break the bank. They are almost always midweek games, so that may have something to do with it. Nosebleeds there are also bargains midweek.
      Can you occasionally find deals? Sure. Is it normal? Hell no.

I was citing an example of what's normal and speaking from experience as a former Nuggets season ticket holder.

​​​​​​​But go ahead and let these anecdotal examples make you feel better.
      "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post

Can you occasionally find deals? Sure. Is it normal? Hell no.

I was citing an example of what's normal and speaking from experience as a former Nuggets season ticket holder.

But go ahead and let these anecdotal examples make you feel better.
        Not gonna argue, but was at a Nuggets game a month ago, we paid $35 bucks each. We never look at weekend games, they are high, but Monday-Thursday, if they are home, you can get them. That isn't crapping on Denver or the Nuggets, but frankly, you can get these seats at most weeknight NBA games in most cities. Not all cities, but most. I haven't tried for Lakers seats, my gut says that's a pricey endeavor, but I've paid $10 or less in Milwaukee, OKC, New Orleans and Phx.

If you want to sit between baselines and low, you'll pay, but you can watch a midweek NBA game in the corners or upper bowls relatively cheaply at most venues. Just don't try to get the nachos, that could very well break the bank.
        There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Sit in the upper bowel about even with the free throw line and on the first row. 40 bucks a ticket and I have to go to the arena on the third day of sale because of my giving level. Get there early and have gotten the same seats each year except for one. I enjoy the games down town because we can take a nice leisurely time to eat and have a couple of beverages before walking over to the Arena. Have taken my son and his wife the last 4 years which is part of his Christmas package.LOL. Just seeing all my fellow Shocker fans downtown crowded into Old Town is a fun atmosphere and worth a little more to participate. So I guess it has become a part of my Christmas package as well. Merry Christmas to all of my fellow Shocker fans.

Comment

• Does anyone know how many tickets have been sold for the OU game?

Comment

• I would hope that this game is close to a sell out. OU is a top notch, power 5, Top 40, regional opponent. We don't get too many home games with those types of folks. This is a nationally televised game against an opponent who will add to our NCAA resume at the end of the year and this just adds to our prestige.

While, I think that the increased costs of the IBA game this year was unnecessary, the costs of remaining tickets (mostly in the upper bowl), of $18.00 is in the ball park of what I would consider fair. If I had priced the upper bowl tickets, I would have priced them at $15.00 and that is certainly in the ball park imo.

It should be a fun game and I plan to be there with friends and family and I hope to see IBA completely full.

Comment

• Originally posted by NCAABound View Post

Glad you're well off RMS. Also glad the Nuggets dont play Central Arkansas.

Denver also has 3 million ppl to fill 20k seats. ICT has 500k to fill 15k.

Maybe you can start a charter service and fly all Denver area alumni into town for free since its so cheap and easy for you.
                I love the perception that those who live in big cities or expensive areas of the country must be "well off". You are proving my point in this argument.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

I love the perception that those who live in big cities or expensive areas of the country must be "well off". You are proving my point in this argument.
                  Has nothing to do with where he lives. Just his comments.

Comment

Ok...

Comment

Hmmmm, not sure I said I actually pay hundreds of dollars for tickets, just that it's what's normal.
                      "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• SEC Basketball Power Rankings: ..." - Saturday down South

by Adam Spencer |
                        posted: 12/31/19, 9:00am cst

"The 4-12 spots in the SEC continue to be a huge jumble, but as we prepare for SEC play starting Saturday, hopefully we’ll get some more clarity. For now, though, I’m expected to make sense of how South Carolina can lose to Stetson after beating Virginia and how Tennessee has fallen apart without Lamonte Turner? Doesn’t seem fair. However, I’ve tackled tougher tasks before, so let’s give this a shot! Here’s how I rank all 14 SEC teams entering conference play:

14. Texas A&M (6-5, LW: 14)
                        13. Vanderbilt (8-4, LW: 13)
                        12. Alabama (7-5, LW: 12)
                        11. South Carolina (8-5, LW: 7)
                        Here are the results of the Gamecocks’ past 4 games:

76-56 loss to Houston (home)
                        67-54 win over Clemson (away)
                        70-59 win over No. 9 Virginia (away)
                        63-56 loss to Stetson (home)

That is truly one of the most baffling stretches of basketball I’ve ever witnessed. What the heck is going on with the Gamecocks? Can they get it together to beat a hot-and-cold Florida team in their SEC opener on Tuesday, Jan. 7, in Columbia? Literally anything could happen. Stay tuned!

10. Mississippi State (9-3, LW: 11)
                        9. Tennessee (8-4, LW: 4)
                        8. Georgia (9-3, LW: 9)
                        7. Mizzou (8-4, LW: 8)
                        6. LSU (8-4, LW: 10)
                        5. Florida (8-4, LW: 6)
                        4. Ole Miss (9-3, LW: 5)
                        You might think this is a bit high to have the Rebels, but they’ll have a chance to prove themselves Saturday. While many SEC teams are starting conference play, the Rebels will head to Wichita to take on No. 24 Wichita State. Win that game and the Rebels will stay up in the top 4 for a while. Lose, and a free fall could be coming in Oxford.

3. Kentucky (9-3, LW: 3)
                        2. Arkansas (11-1, LW: 2)
                        1. Auburn (12-0, LW: 1)..."

Comment

• NCAA Men’s Basketball: Top 35 - SB Nation

By Sam Tyler - TillTheBitterEnd
                          Jan 8, 2020, 11:57am CST

https://www.theonlycolors.com/2020/1...ketball-top-35

What is this thing:
                          Per last year, I am doing a second round of my top teams NCAA men’s basketball teams as we head into the heart of conference play (and with almost all of non-conference play complete). I will aim to do another one of these as we head into post-season play.

The changes:
                          The first thing I have tried to do is to “shorten the benches” as teams’ depth charts have shifted and as the primary playing groups have tightened up (and as guys have gotten injured or come back from injury, or transferred). I have cut the number of teams ranked down to 35 as I try to narrow my group of teams considered towards the group that I think will actually have a shot to do things in the NCAA tournament.

What I got wrong (and right) in the preseason rankings:
                          In my defense, I posted my preseason rankings on October 2, just before we found out about Langford’s injury, so my ranking of MSU was reasonable at the time, but clearly a bit off based on the early returns and in light of the tragic passing of Zachary Winston and the untold and immeasurable effect that his death has had on the team thus far this year. Apart from MSU being a bit overranked, I also missed on a number of teams either ranking them too high or too low. In case you wanted to see that breakdown, here it is:

Too high, and I was crazy to think they would be that good:
                          UNC, LSU, NC State, Tennessee, Cincinnati, Miami, Utah State, Syracuse, Iowa State, Georgia, Alabama, Davidson, Arizona St, Georgetown, Texas, Oklahoma

Too high, but I still believe:
                          Kentucky, Florida, Villanova, UVA, Texas Tech, Purdue, Memphis, Illinois, Washington

Too low, and I was crazy for not loving them more:
                          Gonzaga, Oregon, Arizona, Baylor, Iowa, St Mary’s, Penn State, Dayton, Wichita State, Butler, West Virginia, SDSU, Houston, BYU

Too low, and I still don’t buy them as legit (or I think they are worse):
                          Minnesota, Xavier, DePaul, Colorado

Without further ado...

The TRUE depth-charts and rankings of the ACTUAL top-35 NCAA men’s basketball teams at the rough mid-way point
                          (brief comments per team, if I have something to say) (Disclaimer: I am not a genius, have no ability to predict the future, a tenuous grasp of reality, and may have completely forgotten, omitted, or mis-depth-charted various players due to transfers I didn’t know about or check on, legal issues, injuries, etc. please DO let me know about factual or obvious omissions and errors). I view this as a collective exercise in debate and silliness: please offer your thoughts and critiques and don’t be surprised if I change my rankings and depth charts based on your excellent input!

#22 West Virginia...
                          #28 Wichita State
                          What I said in the pre-season: “Wichita State lost McDuffie and Haynes-Jones, big-time seniors from last year, but I believe in Greg Marshall in a big way. He is going to get every last ounce out of these kids. Wichita State was #66 last year in Kenpom and was on the wrong side of a lot of close games. All three freshmen in the point-guard rotation will play, and some may play off-ball, and Stevenson, Burton, and Dennis are all sophmores who will stand to improve off of their solid freshmen seasons (yes, in a year or 2 this back-court will be unreal and might just lead Wichita State on another Final Four run). The trick is the front court - none are proven commodities other than the rock-solid Echenique - if Marshall can find another one or two guys to do the dirty-work every night, then this Wichita State team could bloody the noses of the presumptive AAC front-runners in Memphis, Cincinnati, and Houston.” Marshall is the truth (long may he not coach in the B1G), and his super-young back-court is full of future stars (including, and particularly, Tyson Etienne who is already there). At this point, I fully expect Marshall to lead this team to the AAC crown and to a Sweet-16.
                          #30 Houston
                          Houston is good, but not great. Mills, Sasser, and Hinton provide the shooting, Grimes (whose best 3pt shooting game of his career is STILL his first game of his career vs MSU for Kansas (SMH)) and Jarreau provide the athletic slashing and trips to the ft line. White, Harris, Gorham, and Gresham all play their roles well (rebound, defend a bit, and finish inside), they crash the offensive glass like demons (#1 in the nation), and they contest shots inside the arc really well. But this team hasn’t passed any of their early tests, and I just don’t love this team as much as I have loved other Sampson Houston teams. Their tilts against Memphis and Wichita State will be must-see contests for anyone interested in forecasting Houston’s NCAA tourney potential.
                          #32 VCU...
                          #33 Memphis
                          Despite losing Wiseman early (for the year - he’s off to the draft), this team is still talented. Their two veteran guards Lomax and Harris have stepped up their level in a big way this year, but still aren’t starting as Penny is rolling with his freshmen. Baugh and Jeffries are great competitors, but they haven’t beaten anyone of note, and I can see them fading in the AAC. This ranking is based on talent because their offense (#103 in Ortg) can’t really justify a top-35 placement...."

Comment

• Too high, and I was crazy to think they would be that good:
                            UNC, LSU, NC State, Tennessee, Cincinnati, Miami, Utah State, Syracuse, Iowa State, Georgia, Alabama, Davidson, Arizona St, Georgetown, Texas, Oklahoma

Gonzaga, Oregon, Arizona, Baylor, Iowa, St Mary’s, Penn State, Dayton, Wichita State, Butler, West Virginia, SDSU, Houston, BYU

Do you think any of these folks ever sit back and reflect on this?

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                              Too high, and I was crazy to think they would be that good:

Do you think any of these folks ever sit back and reflect on this?
                              Too much pigeon $hit in their eyes to see who passes the 'eye test'...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                              X