No announcement yet.

2019-20 schedule?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Articles written by K-Staters that have an underlying air of superiority and dismissiveness towards WSU MBB are actually kinda funny. Like they hopped in a time machine in 1999 and haven’t emerged quite yet.

Likewise for same when the tone infers that KU and K-State are on some sort of equal position and standing in CBB, in a parallel universe somewhere no doubt. That’s probably even funnier. And we’re the same as UCONN I guess.

I’m actually not a K-State hater, but I struggle to see a future where K-State is even able to maintain their current overall state of mediocrity in college athletics. Their path to maintain relevance as a participant in the current membership of the P5 might be the most unclear out of all P5 members. Who has a worse predicament? I think as of today Iowa State is actually on better footing. Washington State? Maybe? Rutgers? Eh... NYC/NJ. Texas Tech perhaps, or not? A full 1/3rd at least of the AAC would smoke K-State were they able to access the same TV money and exposure.
    Last edited by SHOCKvalue; May 19, 2019, 04:04 PM.

Comment

those at silo tech and the arrogant pricks in larryville should have noticed by now that they need texas and oklahoma much more than they are needed. if their conference falls apart they're much more likely to be in the mountain west or aac than anywhere else.

imo, shox don't have anything to gain other than in-state banter by playing either team.. have always thought of the two like foreign policy... the shox (iraq), the wildcats (iran), and the chickenhawks (israel)... iraq and iran really don't care for one another, but will drop everything to crush israel as a cohesive unit (together).

i'm good with 3g building out our schedule with the top teams from mid-major conference and sprinkling in some power-5 regionals.

also imo, true shocker fans aren't fans of the other two programs.. leave that to the bandwagon folks.

Comment

• Shockadaisical
        Shockadaisical commented
        Editing a comment
        You might want to speak for yourself. I grew up in Wichita and most of my family and friends root hard for the Shocks, but also have other rooting interests. The ones that are totally just for the Shockers and never root for Kstate or KU are few and far between. I think this especially holds true since WSU no longer has football. I grew up going to Shockers games in the 70's and 80's and am by no means a bandwagon fan. I think most believe it is okay to be that way, being that they rarely meet each other.
        Last edited by Shockadaisical; May 20, 2019, 09:59 AM.

• WstateU
        WstateU commented
        Editing a comment
        Unfortunately, (fortunately for KSU), numerous WSU football supporters now wear purple in the fall. It still pisses me off (and will continue to piss me off until they put me 6' under or sprinkle my ashes on the WSU campus) we didn't find a way to keep football. It's cost us thousands of students and supporters the past 33 years. Yea, I know it's 'costly' to have a football program, but it's also 'costly' not to have one. I'm a Shocker fan through and through, but I understand why some choose to support other institutions. When your kid/kids choose to go 'north' for college (and let's face it, WSU doesn't get all legacies), you sometimes feel an obligation to support the institution they're attending... purchasing K-State football tickets is a great way to see your kid/kids several times during the fall semester. I know several die-hard WSU basketball supporters that have K-State football tickets; they jumped on the bandwagon once WSU dropped the program in 1986. Short term decisions often have long-term ramifications.

"What we know about the 2019-20 OSU non-conference schedule so far" - SB Nation

By Phillip Slavin
      May 20, 2019, 7:00am CDT

OSU Schedule.jpg
      Photo used for article. :yahoo:

Mike Boynton is putting together another challenge list of match-ups

"We’re probably still another couple of months away from Oklahoma State releasing the 2019-20’ men’s basketball schedule. That said, there are some things we do know....

Wichita State (GIA / Dec. 8)
      at Houston (Dec. 14)...

Coach Boynton continues has set up a second straight difficult schedule for the Cowboys, but one that should help a 2019 class with at least six newcomers to help prepare themselves for the rigors of Big 12 play. I love seeing games teams like Wichita State coming to OSU, like Houston last year. Would I like another marquee home game? Yes, but knowing we will now get either an SEC or Big East team in GIA the next few years, means there are plenty of reasons for OSU fans to get excited....
      • This will be the first game in a four-game series with Wichita State, which is just awesome...."

Comment

Per Taylor via sources, WSU will be part of American-SEC Challenge, hosting Ole Miss next season and going to Oxford in the 2020-21 season. The Rebels are coming off a 20-13 season that ended in the NCAA Tournament. That’s a good get.
        78-65

Comment

We are part of the AAC/SEC Challenge and will be getting Ole Miss at home.

Comment

• AndShock
            AndShock commented
            Editing a comment
            Solid get but there are definitely some other options I would’ve rather had.

Interesting, I figured it was going to be Missouri. I wonder who'll get them.

Edit: guess Mizzou isn't in the challenge after all. I'm so confused how this works on the SEC side.
          Last edited by Rocky Mountain Shock; May 23, 2019, 05:51 PM.
          "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

Nice. Ole Miss should be solid, especially if leading scorer Breein Tyree returns for his senior season as expected.
              "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

AndShock commented
                1 hour ago
                Solid get but there are definitely some other options I would’ve rather had.
                ————
                Ummmm...we get an SEC team coming off an NCAA berth coming to Koch...and we want to throw in the qualifier that we’d rather play someone else?

Yeah, I’d like to play Kentucky in the American-SEC Challenge. I’d also like one week’s worth of Bill Gates’s income and a dinner date with Carrie Underwood. Given the circumstances, getting Ole Miss is probably the best-case scenario.
                78-65

Comment

• AndShock
                  AndShock commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Mizzou was the popular pick which would’ve been a fun road trip with the potential to get another Cuonzo series started.

Any SEC team is good but I’d put Ole Miss around 12th in name recognition. I guess out of the options the SEC gave us we came out as good as we could’ve hoped.

• vbird53
                  vbird53 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Ole Miss is by far the best option of the 4 SEC schools in this deal. Top 40 NET, visiting Koch in year 1 of a home-and-home. With the SEC's rise in performance over the past couple years, I'd take any one of the 14 no questions asked. Ask Houston...they agreed to go on the road to South Carolina!

This will be a very good matchup with our still very young team. No complaints from me

Comment

Could be fun road trip, never been to Mississippi

Comment

• vbird53
                    vbird53 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Year 1 at Koch, Year 2 at Oxford.

I would like to see Shocks win this game. But the Memphis fans really want us to beat Mississippi. Does anyone know why their is so much amonisity between Memphis fans and Mississippi . Just curios what's this all about? See the American Conference Message Board.

Comment

• Dan
                    Dan commented
                    Editing a comment
                    other than the fact that they're an hour apart? Maybe that's it.

This does not affect 2019-2020 schedule, but the Pac 12 has adopted tougher scheduling standards for 2020 & later. Could open up opportunities for the Shockers, if we're so inclined.

the new Pac-12 regulations present a sizeable hurdle. One of the major stipulations is that each Pac-12 program must put together a nonconference schedule in which the five-year trailing average of the opponents’ NET rankings is at least 175.
                  "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                  ---------------------------------------
                  Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                  "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                  "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Does that mean it is time to bring Dana Altman back to Wichita and kick his soulless ass?
                    The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Lord View Post
                      Does that mean it is time to bring Dana Altman back to Wichita and kick his soulless ass?
                      The day that Dana Altman willingly plays another road game in Wichita will be the day that Gregg invites Dan Muller over for Sunday dinner.
                      78-65

Comment

Working...
                      X