No announcement yet.

Realistic shot at NIT?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You don't want West Virginia winning the Big12 either.

Comment

• Rhode Island beats VCU
      Go Shocks!

Comment

• WuDrWu
        WuDrWu commented
        Editing a comment
        That eventually knocks someone into the NIT I'm sure, right?

• ShockerDropOut
        ShockerDropOut commented
        Editing a comment
        I believe that the A-10 was a one bid league. VCU should be safely in disputed the loss. Just switches an A-10 for someone else in the NIT probably. Several A-10 teams have a better NET than us. Didn’t do us any favors though.

• Man, the more I look at it I’m not sure if even a win against temple solidifies us being in. As Taylor stated in his article, we already are at the tail end of the bubble as far as resumes. I think winning against Temple definitely will bump us up the list, but the main issue is there are still a lot of conference tournaments left. Every underdog that wins knocks us down one more spot. I think we need a win against temple and Cinci to be comfortable.

Comment

• 1979Shocker
        1979Shocker commented
        Editing a comment
        Does beating Temple knock them into the NIT or do they still make the NCAA? If they go to the NIT, that would be one less team making it. But if beating Temple move us ahead of them for an NIT spot, then that helps us.

• Steeleshocker
        Steeleshocker commented
        Editing a comment
        If you are going to beat Temple and Cinci you may as well win the whole thing

• WuShock Reaper
        WuShock Reaper commented
        Editing a comment
        Davidson and Dayton are both ahead of us on the NIT top 32 teams. No real impact. Perhaps a plus if Davidson wibs the AutoBid as our strength of schedule will improve.

• Removed
      Last edited by fansince80s; March 15, 2019, 07:36 PM.

Comment

• Good gravy with ODU. They snatch victory from defeat yet again. Down 9 under 5, down 3 with 23 seconds (and UAB just missing 1 of 2 FTs that could have made it 4), they get 2 FTs with 15 seconds to cut it 1, a missed 1-1 with 13 seconds and then an and 1 with 4 seconds followed by a UAB turnover to end the game. Twice in 2 nights. What are those odds?

Comment

• mattdalt
          mattdalt commented
          Editing a comment
          Ask Porter Moser?

• Down goes Nevada.

Comment

• May not hurt as long as Utah State wins the MWC tournament

Comment

• Originally posted by Lawrence Shocker View Post
            How the game goes tonight is obviously important, but the most important factor for an NIT bid is out of our hands.

The 10 one-bid leagues yet to finish their tournaments:

Conference: 1 seed/Regular Season Conference Champ
            SWAC: Prairie View A&M
            MEAC: Norfolk State
            Southland: Sam Houston State
            Big Sky: Montana
            Sun Belt: Georgia State
            Ivy: Harvard
            CUSA: Old Dominion
            America East: Vermont
            Big West: UC Irvine
            WAC: New Mexico State

Every loss by one of these teams guarantees one less NIT at-large bid available. No upsets please!
            Norfolk State falls so that's another auto bid

Comment

• Sam Houston also lost yesterday.

Comment

• Norfolk loses today.

Comment

• DRatings.com now has us back in the field as a 5 seed. This is updated with yesterday’s results.

Comment

• Originally posted by MadDog View Post
                    DRatings.com now has us back in the field as a 5 seed. This is updated with yesterday’s results.
                    This projection sets up WSU @ Nebraska, with the winner to Creighton.

Comment

• I’d take a repeat of the last WSU-Nebraska NIT game.

Comment

• If WSU and Nebraska ended up as 4th and 5th seeds, it wouldn't surprise me for things to be arranged to give WSU the home game (which is not unheard of) -- WSU will draw; Nebraska won't.

By the way, for what it's worth, WSU has moved (at least according to Warren Nolan) to the top of the NET heap among the "rest of" the AAC. There are three NCAA locks, a question mark in Temple, and an NIT lock in Memphis -- but of the others, the Shocks now have the best NET rating.
                        Last edited by WSUwatcher; March 16, 2019, 04:34 PM.

Comment

• WSU should be in it after the close Cincinnati game.

Comment

Working...
                          X