No announcement yet.

Realistic shot at NIT?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our Bracketology for 2024! We list projections for all of NCAA Basketball tournament seeds as well as the NIT tournament in March.

The NIT predictions are below the NCAA. This site had us as a 6 seed and Memphis a 2 seed. If Temple gets bumped to the NIT, i doubt they will give 3 AAC teams a spot.

Comment

• Originally posted by Overtime View Post
      I’m thinking that Memphis may be picked ahead of us. Slightly better resume and would also probably draw well. Would they pick two teams from the AAC ?
      Yes Memphis will get picked before us. And yes they will take multiple AAC teams

Comment

• How do they determine who has a home game?

Comment

• shockerfanmas
          shockerfanmas commented
          Editing a comment
          Higher seed hosts up until the semifinals at MSG. Only way a higher seed doesn't host is if their gym is unavailable which happens about once a year I think

• Probably revenue. Who will have the best following and fill the arena. But let's get the bid first.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kashman View Post
          https://www.dratings.com/predictor/bracketology/

The NIT predictions are below the NCAA. This site had us as a 6 seed and Memphis a 2 seed. If Temple gets bumped to the NIT, i doubt they will give 3 AAC teams a spot.
          Last year (2018), Conferences with multiple bids:
          ACC 3
          Big 12 2
          Big Ten 2
          CUSA 2
          Pac-12 5
          SEC 2
          WCC 2

Comment

• five big east teams in it. would love to get a Georgetown, Indiana or Texas matchup

Comment

• One of the worst scenarios would be if WSU's win over Temple bumped them from the Tourney to the NIT and bumped WSU out of the NIT.
              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Our NET improved 3 spots to 83 after the loss yesterday

Comment

• If you want to generate excitement for the NIT, give WSU a home game against Creighton on ESPN.

Comment

• Originally posted by champions5 View Post
                    If you want to generate excitement for the NIT, give WSU a home game against Creighton on ESPN.
                    We sell beer now...……..they'd travel

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                      I'm so proud of this team for what they've accomplished and what they've become. It's beyond impressive how much they've grown and matured over the last few weeks and months.

Something inside of me though says they've given all they can give this season. Perhaps it's just me, but it feels like they might be on empty, physically and emotionally. I'm not sure that there's much to be gained from further competition this year. Just a comment, and I hope I'm wrong. I certainly want the team to do what they want, whatever that is.
                      This is probably one of the few times I will disagree with you, the esteemed Dr, but through adversity builds great character and strength, and I, for one, believe this team is just now hitting its stride and would benefit from a few more "do or die" games on its resume.

Comment

• shoxlax
                        shoxlax commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Can I give the “it depends on who we play” answer? If we have to turn around and go on the road, it will be difficult to regenerate steam in two days. But if we get a home game against a P5 or noted rival I think the crowd can help carry us through to the next week where we may have some renewed legs and an end goal in sight (NY).

Getting a bid to the NIT is a victory for this team, plain and simple. What we do with it is playing with house money.

The interesting thing is 3G said if we don’t get a bid, he will let the players decide on another tournament. Not so sure they will vote unanimously one way or another.

• ROOT ANGRY!
                        ROOT ANGRY! commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Concur.
                        Six games sounds about right to me.

• WuDrWu
                        WuDrWu commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Hey, I'm glad folks disagree with me here. I'd love to see these guys tear through the NIT. Sometimes a team hopes they can win. I truly think these guys believed they were going to win the American Tourney. They left so much on the floor, and shortened the bench considerably, I just get the impression that the minuses of playing on outweigh the pluses. Again, hope I'm dead wrong.

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                      How do they determine who has a home game?
                      Since the NCAA took it over typically the better seed gets the home game.
                      "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Seen this. Breaking News: Wichita State (19-14) is heading to the collegeinaider.com postseason tournament (CIT). #CIT

Both tournaments (CIT and CBI) are getting some big name college basketball brands, and great teams this season!

Comment

• tayloreldridge @PaulSuellentrop can you guys confirm.

Comment

• Does have a comment as "pending NIT selection"
                          "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Working...
                          X