Realistic shot at NIT?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
    It seems we've moved to the "other side" of the name brand bias by moving to the AAC. I think we're in if we beat ECU in Memphis.

We've had a couple games now that weren't up to what the team can do, so it seems they should be ready for some above-the-norm performances. Take care of ECU and then take out UCF and we might get a home game. It seems we match up best with UCF of the conference leaders.
    If we beat ECU we will play Temple

Comment

Need these teams to lose today (03/10/19):

Indiana won - beat Rutgers by 16 points at home
      Iowa lost - lost in overtime to Nebraska by 2 points
      Ohio State lost - lost to #21 Wisconsin in 1xOT by 6 points
      Last edited by WuShock Reaper; March 10, 2019, 10:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockRef View Post
        First things first... I'm sure HCGM will have everyones attention Saturday night, but they need to be focused on the task at hand.
        I just finished watching Tulane give USF all they wanted. I'm not trying to portray Tulane as some developing power, but they play hard for Dunleavey and will pulling out all the stops to keep from being an 'Ofer' for the league season.
        Shocks are in ideal position to finish out the league year and secure the 6th seed. They will have to do a bit more than just show up Saturday night.

That is all.
        Uh, I think all were warned about this game. They were VERY fortunate to win against a team that had nothing to lose and has more talent than their record indicates.
        No, they won't beat Memphis on Thursday, but they will play hard and not just lay down.

That is all.
        Above all, make the right call.

Comment

Our Bracketology for 2024! We list projections for all of NCAA Basketball tournament seeds as well as the NIT tournament in March.

Teams of Interest:
          1-seed Alabama
          3-seed Memphis
          3-seed Davidson
          6-seed Providence
          7-seed Wichita State
          8 seed Loyola-Chicago

2019-20 D-I MBB KPI Rankings have a new home! Visit    KPI THROUGH ALL GAMES, as of Sunday, March 17, 2019, 7 p.m. EDT D-I MBB KPI Rankings | D-I MBB KPI Outcome Values

Teams of Interest:
          3-seed Providence
          4-seed Memphis
          4-seed Davidson
          5-seed Wichita State
          8 seed Loyola-Chicago

Comment

• ShockTalk
            ShockTalk commented
            Editing a comment
            Wow! Behind a team we beat on a "neutral" court early in the season. Couple others we should have beaten and we weren't as good then either as we are now.

Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
          https://www.dratings.com/predictor/bracketology/

Teams of Interest:
          1-seed Alabama
          3-seed Memphis
          3-seed Davidson
          6-seed Providence
          7-seed Wichita State
          8 seed Loyola-Chicago

2019-20 D-I MBB KPI Rankings have a new home! Visit    KPI THROUGH ALL GAMES, as of Sunday, March 17, 2019, 7 p.m. EDT D-I MBB KPI Rankings | D-I MBB KPI Outcome Values

Teams of Interest:
          3-seed Providence
          4-seed Memphis
          4-seed Davidson
          5-seed Wichita State
          8 seed Loyola-Chicago
          I would give ZERO credence to the KPI projections. It simply takes its own rankings and plugs teams in from top to bottom. It has KU ranked as #4, thus giving the Beakers a 1 seed in the NCAA Tournament. If KU gets a 1-seed, I will streak through Aggieville, singing the KU alma mater at the top of my lungs.
          78-65

Comment

• Aargh
            Aargh commented
            Editing a comment
            You know the KU alma mater?

• WstateU
            WstateU commented
            Editing a comment
            "The Streak" is from the album called Boogity Boogity and was Ray Stevens' eleventh studio album, released in 1974, as well as his sixth for Barnaby Records...

• WuShock16
            WuShock16 commented
            Editing a comment
            Aargh, it’s one of those common alma mater tunes that many schools use, so I know the gist of it.

I’m not worried about having to take part in this activity though. They ain’t a 1 seed, no way, no how.

If we win Thursday, we have a realistic shot at the NIT

Comment

• IndianaShocker
            IndianaShocker commented
            Editing a comment
            If we win Thursday it's a lock.

• B1ShockFan
            B1ShockFan commented
            Editing a comment
            I think a realistic shot maybe (not a lock by any means)

I could see us getting a home game against say Loyola or Creighton if we are in.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
            I could see us getting a home game against say Loyola or Creighton if we are in.
            Those would be great games to go to.
            "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

SUNDAY, MARCH 10, 2019
              NIT Worksheet - 3/10

I haven't paid too much attention to my own NCAA and NIT brackets this season due to the matrix. I'll definitely have them on Selection Sunday, but we'll wait and see if I have time to make a bracket this week.

In the meantime, here's the list I'm starting out with this week for the NIT (in ABC order).

Automatic Bids thru 3/10
              Belmont, Campbell, Lipscomb, Loyola-Chicago, South Dakota State

Top Tier (Half of these teams likely to NCAAs, other half to NIT
              Alabama, Arizona State, Creighton, Florida, Furman, Indiana, NC State, Ohio State, Seton Hall, St. John's, St. Mary's, Temple, Texas, Toledo, UNC-Greensboro

Middle Tier (Likely to NIT, lots of work needed to get to NCAAs)
              Arkansas, Butler, Davidson, Dayton, Georgetown, Memphis, Nebraska, Oregon, Providence, Xavier

Bottom Tier (NIT/CBI/CIT/Nothing)
              Arizona, BYU, Charleston, Colorado, DePaul, Drake, E. Tennessee State, Fresno State, Kent State, Miami (FL), Missouri, Northeastern, Oregon State, Penn State, San Diego, San Francisco, South Carolina, Tulsa, UCLA, Utah, Utah Valley, Wichita State, Yale, and more

Comment

On Marshall’s AAC teleconference this week, he seemed to indicate that he would accept a CBI bid if it came to that. Quote was along the lines of “we’re going to go all out to try and make it 8 straight NCAA bids, and if we don’t we’ll probably end up in one of the other tournaments.”
                “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

"NIT Bracketology: Expecting no love for mid-majors" - SB Nationb

By John Templon
                  Mar 11, 2019, 9:21am PDT

Teams of Interest with their projected seeds:
                  2. Alabama
                  3. Davidson'
                  4. Providence
                  5. Memphis
                  6. Wichita State
                  6. East Tennessee State (Head Coach Steve Forbes, former WSU asst. coach)
                  8. Loyola-Chicago

..."Thus any team on the six seed line or lower is definitely not considered “safe.”..."

Comment

NIT Bracketology

The bracket below is our best current prediction of the final NIT bracket. It is predictive of where things will end up. It is not a reflection of where things currently stand. (Update: With select…

Last updated: 4:41 PM EDT; Monday, March 11th, 2019 (through games of 3/10)

Teams of Interest with their projected seeds:
                    1. Temple
                    2. Alabama
                    5. Providence
                    7. Loyola-Chicago

First Four Out: Dayton, Memphis, South Carolina, Davidson

Comment

• shoxlax
                      shoxlax commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Isn’t Temple in the tournament (NCAA) on almost all of the projected brackets?

• WuShock Reaper
                      WuShock Reaper commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Well, when we beat Temple on Friday...they will move back to "Bubble Territory".

These NIT bracketologies are worse than the NCAA bracketologies, if that's even possible.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

As of today (03/11/19), I have Wichita State as first four out.:chargrined:

Comment

According to the latest dratings.com bracket, we’ve gone from a 6 seed to out of the bracket. Lot of upsets in the mid major tournaments this year.

Comment

Working...
                        X