19th in scoring margin
    46th in 3pt FG defense
    32nd in steals per game
    15th in 3pt FGs per game
    12th in total 3pt FGM
    23rd in total assists
    14th in total steals
    While those are good. 19 of their games were Q3 or Q4

They were 10-2 at home. Losses to wofford and Samford. Only 2 home wins that werent Q4 were Q2 (UNCG and ETSU)

They do have that away win at Nova early in the year

Comment

• 2 days seems like a really short turn around to get the team there and for Furman to get their floor modified for the new rules

Comment

• pinstripers
        pinstripers commented
        Editing a comment
        spray paint, no prob

• WuShock Reaper
        WuShock Reaper commented
        Editing a comment
        I would go with "Sharpie"

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

While those are good. 19 of their games were Q3 or Q4

They were 10-2 at home. Losses to wofford and Samford. Only 2 home wins that werent Q4 were Q2 (UNCG and ETSU)

They do have that away win at Nova early in the year
      Yeah I know. We can analyze this to death. But ultimately it's a complete crapshoot trying to guess how these teams truly matchup
      "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Okay, I am totally confused. I have an official tweet from Furman saying Wednesday and one from the AAC saying Tuesday.............My family member is saying he heard Tuesday as well.
        Robin Roberts: "My mother used to say, when you strut, you stumble."

Comment

• Originally posted by The 'hut View Post
          Okay, I am totally confused. I have an official tweet from Furman saying Wednesday and one from the AAC saying Tuesday.............My family member is saying he heard Tuesday as well.
          ESPN shows Tuesday

Comment

• It seems they live and die by the 3. Guards must be pesky with all the steals. But our bigs should be able to work down low. They have a good 3pt defense but overall they give up 48% shooting from what I can find.

Just first blush though. I really dont know much about them.
            "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
              NM
              My guess is the NIT follows the seeding each conference uses for their post-season tournament including any tiebreakers.

In this case Loyola went 2-0 vs Drake this year.

The Missouri Valley Conference will use N.E.T. ratings as part of its men's basketball tournament seeding tiebreaker for the first time in March 2019.

Two-way Ties
              1. Records in head-to-head competition are compared, with the higher seed going to the team that has won the most games against the other.
              2. If head-to-head competition does not break the tie, the deadlock will be broken using the NCAA Evaluation Tool (N.E.T.), as published by the NCAA on the morning after the final regular-season MVC games (March 3, 2019). The team with the better N.E.T. rating will receive the higher seed.

Comment

• wusphlash
                wusphlash commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks

• Typo on the bracket---Game Wednesday
              Robin Roberts: "My mother used to say, when you strut, you stumble."

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOXAAC View Post

Not much girth however.
                No, but they are led by one of those 6'8" guys. A stat stuffer:

"The Paladins have won nine of their last 11 games and are led by 6-foot-8 senior Matt Rafferty, who leads the team with averages of 17.2 points, 9.1 rebounds, 4.3 assists and 2.5 steals. Guard Jordan Lyons also averages 16.1 points."

Comment

ESPN shows Tuesday
                  My tickets- and furman’s site- said Wednesday. They will have to modify a lot of stuff if Furman messed up.

Comment

• WuDrWu
                    WuDrWu commented
                    Editing a comment
                    You're in row A? I'm in D. Section E1.

ESPN shows Tuesday
                  It did say Tuesday. ESPN now says Wednesday

Comment

• South Florida to the CBI.

Along with West Virgina and DePaul.

Comment

• pie n eye
                      pie n eye commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Good. I got tired of hearing about how these other tournaments were beneath us. If the team wants to play good for them, I’ll be happy to watch more games. The KU/Creighton attitude was a bit much.

• shockerfanmas
                      shockerfanmas commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Yea, basketball is basketball. Any chance to extend the season is a good thing. I'm happy the Shox got an NIT bid, but I would have gladly taken the CBI also.

• WSUwatcher
                      WSUwatcher commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Good heavens -- West Virginia, at 14-20 and last in the Awesome 12-2? That's amazing.

• Looks like 8 guys play 10+ mins per game
                    6 players score 7.7ppg+ (3 in double figures)
                    Rafferty does bulk of their rebounding. Only 1 other player has more than 5rpg
                    Guards not as pesky as I thought. They get 8.8 per game. But Rafferty gets more than twice the amount of steals as anyone else.
                    Lyons takes bulk of the 3 pointers. But only averages 34%
                    Another guard, Hunter, takes the 2nd most and is 37%

Comment

• For comparison:

WSU has:

8 current players playing over 10mpg
                      6 players scoring 6.3ppg+
                      3 players averaging 5.0rbp+ (JE leads with 5.8)
                      only 4.8 steals per game (MM leads with 1.1)
                      MM with most 3pt attempts (34.7%)
                      SHJ 2nd most 3pt attempts (30.3%)
                      Stevenson 3rd 3pt attempts (28.1%)
                      Dennis is rising with attempts and is 4th (38.6%)

Of course this was against tougher competition. So it doesnt really tell us a ton LMAO

Comment

• Well that sucks some....from ESPNU to 3 on Wednesday. I think because Furman said they couldn't play Tuesday (home baseball game).

Comment

• FlyingWheat
                          FlyingWheat commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Only bad for those who have cable. For the cheap guys like me, this is a win!

• WSUwatcher
                          WSUwatcher commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Home baseball game, my rear -- they should have moved the game to CKA!

• Steeleshocker
                          Steeleshocker commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Why does a home baseball game affect the basketball arena availability? Just wanting to avoid poaching their own fans?
                      Working...
                      X