Realistic shot at NIT?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post

In their NCAA tournament projection, Loyola is in as a . . . get this . . . 16 seed!
    They are a 15 seed in just about every prediction. They currently have a NET of 127 ....
    Q1: 0-2
    Q2: 1-1
    Q3: 7-8
    Q4: 10-1

They have a LOSING record in Q3 ....

By comparison for WSU
    NET 90
    Q1 1-6
    Q2 4-6
    Q3 5-1
    Q4 6-0

We would win the Valley this year ...

Comment

• WSUwatcher
      WSUwatcher commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, and it isn't really close, at least if you look at KenPom: WSU is 96th, vs. Loyola at 126th and Drake at 133rd (both about three Kenpom points below the Shocks).

Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
    The NIT has NEVER taken a sum-.500 team but the NCAA has and does??? Interesting.
    The NCAA has never awarded an at-large bid to a sub .500 team. Conference tourney winners below .500 make it, but that's not the NCAA's fault, the conferences make that choice.

Comment

I think AZ may have been referring to sub .500 in conference play, not overall record.
      Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

• ShockCrazy
        ShockCrazy commented
        Editing a comment
        Then that would be wrong. They always end up with a couple below .500 teams in conference play in.

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

They are a 15 seed in just about every prediction. They currently have a NET of 127 ....
      Q1: 0-2
      Q2: 1-1
      Q3: 7-8
      Q4: 10-1

They have a LOSING record in Q3 ....

By comparison for WSU
      NET 90
      Q1 1-6
      Q2 4-6
      Q3 5-1
      Q4 6-0

We would win the Valley this year ...
      I really have not paid attention...didn't Loyola bring the bulk back from last year???

Comment

• pinstripers
        pinstripers commented
        Editing a comment
        don't think so

• ShockTalk
        ShockTalk commented
        Editing a comment
        They lost Ingram, Jackson, and Richardson, 3 of their top 7. Ingram and Jackson were both double digit scores with Jackson their leading rebounder.

Looking far ahead to 8 days, assuming we knock off Tulane and ECU again, we would be a 9 point underdog against UCF.

Comment

• WSUwatcher
        WSUwatcher commented
        Editing a comment
        I assume that's based on KenPom? Gambling lines, obviously, are somewhat different, in addition to which WSU is much better now than then.

Let me put it this way: I'd rather see the Shocks (assuming they take care of business before the second round in Memphis) face UCF than Temple, even though Pomeroy has UCF rated nine points higher overallI than the Owls. I think they're certainly capable of beating both -- and they need to be ready for whoever they end up facing, regardless -- but I personally think they match up better with the Tackos, even though they're playing better (and in truth, simply are better) than Temple.
        Last edited by WSUwatcher; March 7, 2019, 04:54 PM.

Originally posted by FadedCrown View Post
      Looking far ahead to 8 days, assuming we knock off Tulane and ECU again, we would be a 9 point underdog against UCF.
      On a neutral floor?

I’d take that action all day.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

AM is chomping at the bit for some more UCF action.

Comment

• WstateU
        WstateU commented
        Editing a comment
        He wants another bite of Tacko!

False. Probably UCF -6

Comment

Need these teams to lose tonight (03/07/19):

Iowa lost - got blasted at #21 Wisconsin by 20 points
        Indiana won - blasted Illinois tonight by 18, really need them to lose their last conference game this weekend.
        Colorado - crushed UCLA 93-68 at home
        USC - lost 74-83 at Utah.
        Stanford - lost at home 59-64 vs California

Thanks 1972Shocker for the update :adoration:
        Last edited by WuShock Reaper; March 8, 2019, 04:16 PM. Reason: updated game results

Comment

• 1972Shocker
          1972Shocker commented
          Editing a comment
          Iowa lost 45-65 at Wisconsin.

• 1972Shocker
          1972Shocker commented
          Editing a comment
          Colorado crushed UCLA 93-68 at home.

USC lost 74-83 at Utah.

Stanford lost at home 59-64 at Cal.

3 of the 5 teams losing is not bad.

Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post
        AM is chomping at the bit for some more UCF action.
        Taco playing in front of his mother for the first time in 7 years.

Comment

• Shocker Mama
          Shocker Mama commented
          Editing a comment
          As a mom, that brings a tear to my eye. Glad he had a good game for her.

Originally posted by ShockBand View Post
        I think AZ may have been referring to sub .500 in conference play, not overall record.
        Yeah that's what I meant thank you. Was referencing someone's earlier post regarding sub-.500 in conference record. But I think I mis-quoted a mis-quote from a probable misunderstood mis-quote in which I mis-quoted my own mis-quote.

Good Lord...someone grab me a beer... Lol. And of course...
        GO SHOCKS!!!!
        FINAL FOURS:
        1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
        1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
        Number of Times Ranked: 157
        Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
        Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
        Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
        #3 - Dec. 2017
        #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
        #2 ~ March 2014
        Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Per whom? Sagarin's predictor rating is the gold standard when it comes to Vegas lInes. On a neutral, UCF would likely open at -7 or -7.5. Line would likely get hammered down by sharps to -6.5 before tip. Hopefully we'll know all these answers soon.

Comment

One thing to keep in mind now. If UCF beats Temple, and Houston beats Cincy, then UCF becomes the 2 seed and Cincy is the 3 seed. So we would get Cincy in the 2nd round.

Needless to say, i'm cheering for Temple this weekend for a multitude of reasons.

Comment

Also, I believe Temple holds the tiebreaker over UCF so if they win Saturday at home, Temple becomes the 3 seed

Comment

Originally posted by AG1219 View Post
                Also, I believe Temple holds the tiebreaker over UCF so if they win Saturday at home, Temple becomes the 3 seed
                That's correct I believe. Because Temple beat us but we beat UCF. So we are the reason we would play Temple rather than UCF ha! Which is the best scenario for us.

Comment

• Steeleshocker
                  Steeleshocker commented
                  Editing a comment
                  But UCF beat Cinci and Temple did not...
              Working...
              X