• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BOBB View Post
    Defense...puke
    FT disparity...puke
    BBIQ...puke
    How were we still in this game?
    Because Memphis sucks just slightly less than us this year?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Pickle View Post
      I'll be interested to see what Penny can get out of that team next year when he doesn't have Martin to bail him out. Not sure anybody else on that team has anywhere near that offensive skill.
      He's bringing in some really good guys but he's losing 5 seniors and like 75% of his scoring. It will be interesting

Comment

• Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post
        The point guard play tonight was terrible. Way too many dumb plays by JB and RT. And I agree with everybody that the two back to back turnovers with the game on the line was just pathetic. Shocker fans are not used to our guys throwing the ball away in such critical times in the game. In my opinon the shock looked panicky and I am not sure why?

The seniors shooting was painful to watch. The youth of this team and poor senior leadership raised its head again.
        4 Back to back turnovers. 2 on Dexter and then a horrible shot by both SHJ and MM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post

Because Memphis sucks just slightly less than us this year?
          He needs to send Tubby a thank you card, along with half of his salary, for having Martin on the team this year.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

He's bringing in some really good guys but he's losing 5 seniors and like 75% of his scoring. It will be interesting
            I heard they're bringing in the Fab Five to replace them so things are gonna get better.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• When we get that version of the seniors, no room for error. I am not going to rail on them because they have exceeded my expectations, especially Markis.

When Dex and then JB got in foul trouble, we had no answer for Martin. That was the ball game.
              Ricky does not match up well with Memphis.

Good things: AM and Jamie were pretty solid, Erik seems to have found his stroke, and we clawed our way back with the help of a great crowd.

Comment

• Great environment for a basketball game. Probably one of the best this season.Critical times of the game from the ol armchair:

1. SHJ and MM playing hero ball to close out the first half.
                2. Memphis warm ups coming out of halftime. They were making EVERYTHING during warm ups. I told someone at the game, I thought we were in trouble because they looked relaxed and as if they hadn't a worry in the world. I can get you their name and phone number if you need confirmation.
                3. 11 minutemark (or so). I might have this moment in time confused with the 7 minute mark. Critical juncture of the game because we repeated line item #1 and we started to make a run. Crowd was amped. Memphis called a time out. I looked across at the band and I started yelling "go band, GO BAND PLAY SOMETHING!" Instead, we drag some guy out for what amounts to trying to throw a bean bag on some ridiculous signage on the court. Or maybe that was the 7 minute mark. Memory is going in my age.
                4. More hero ball from SHJ and MM late in the game, including a forced 3 ball from MM which miraculously went in.

But really an exciting game. Lots to look forward to, like graduation. I hate to say it, but I think we win this game without SHJ on the floor and quite possibly MM. When we really needed a basket, go back and look late game at which players made the key pass to an open teammate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Pickle View Post
                  Tough one to lose. We were bound to regress toward the mean, and our defense certainly did that tonight. Win the last 4 and it would still be a decent season.
                  This team is fundamentally flawed. It has no consistent Guard play and they’ve had to play too many Freshmen. Point Guard play has been average at best. This is highly unusual for a Marshall team. This team is what it is.
                  The good news it the Freshmen have all gotten valuable experience and you can see pieces. I hope the program adds two more experienced guys to next years team.

Comment

• Just disappointing to spot ourselves 16 points in the first half and just roll over. We basically got sodomized the last 30 minutes of the game. This team just gets way too complacent with big leads (especially early). And to have seniors not recognize this is the most disturbing. I can understand freshmen still acting dumb, but when it went to chuck and panic mode after building a big lead, I then realized what we saw in Tulsa was an aberration and the real team was on display tonight. The seniors just do not lead and have some of the worst IQ on the team. That sets the table for disaster. And it did.
                    Last edited by ShockerFever; February 23, 2019, 10:04 PM.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• JVShocker
                      JVShocker commented
                      Editing a comment
                      You know, being a senior and trying to lead, doesn't always mean you have to score. You can rebound, play defense, or (heaven forbid) pass to an open teammate. SHJ actually did this the first half, and hit a couple of open teammates for good shots.Something happened mid-late first half though where the lights just got turned off. And I still don't understand the pulling of players for mistakes when there are 2 guys that never get called out. It gets REALLY OLD.

• ShockerFever
                      ShockerFever commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Totally agree with your last statement. SHJ and MM have free reign. They literally can do no wrong. I don't get it.

• Originally posted by N Crestway View Post
                    Markis talking Revenge Game prior to the game was not a good sign.
                    I am glad someone else saw this as dumb. It was stupid and not the thing to say. The focus should not have been revenge. I cringed when I read it in the paper yesterday. This team needs leadership from seniors and they don't get it when someone provides the wrong focus for the game.
                    ​​​​​​
                    This is the second time MM has done this. He and Darrill Willis made stupid statements before we played Kentucky two yrs ago. If you don't know what to say, say something to honor your opponent and then go beat their a$$,

Comment

• After tonight’s game, I am much happier with Burton than Lomax.
                      The Assman

Comment

• wusphlash
                        wusphlash commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Lomax would not have made a big difference on this year's team. He would not have been the savior we were looking for.

• The seniors sucked ass
                      Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
                        After tonight’s game, I am much happier with Burton than Lomax.
                        Lomax did not make plays to lose his team the game tonight.. JB fouled a 3point shooter, made silly charges , and constantly fouled and took our team out of rhythm. Still I like him better than Lonax, but Lomax played smarter tonight. Sometime the goal of the quarterback is to manage the team and not make mistakes.

Comment

• 1. Erik not near quick enuff on D
                          2. Martin was really good
                          3. Dex can't create, why not run screens for him instead?
                          4. In the Memphis huddle, Miller did all the talking
                          5. I never liked Penny as a player either
                          6. BBIQ remains a problem
                          7. We need more guys who can play
                          8. I miss the days when we had breakaway dunks
                          9. I spose we lead the league w most fouls?
                          10. We need more guys who can play

Comment

• For all the semi-hype that surrounded Harris, dude is freaking TINY. Possibly the smallest regular contributor in the entire conference. Makes SHJ look like a legitimate GD man.

Comment

Working...
                            X