Wichita State vs Memphis Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

I feel like we ignored everything we did right on Wednesday and got back more to iso hero ball. It's such a waste.

Granted, there was plenty of blame to go around tonight. MM made shots and forced a lot, per usual. SHJ is just a net negative all the way around.
    Id really beg to differ....MM was 5-14....not really making shots

Comment

• I'll be interested to see what Penny can get out of that team next year when he doesn't have Martin to bail him out. Not sure anybody else on that team has anywhere near that offensive skill.

Comment

• Marshall: After we tied it, two turnovers by DD, and two fadeaway shots (one by MM, one by SHJ).

Ball game.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Box score for the Memphis Tigers vs. Wichita State Shockers NCAAM game from February 23, 2019 on ESPN. Includes all points, rebounds and steals stats.

We gave up 88 at home......**** .............Martin with 37...**** ...........Etch 17-12 .......

Comment

• Lol coach Marshall..."we took two bad fadaways at the end...MM and im sure the other was SHJ...his shot selection was....not good"

Comment

• Three missed bunnies underneath first half, two critical turnovers, terrible shot selection early in shot clock late and we make some real stupid fouls that make you wonder. Disappointing, frustrating but I thought this would be our toughest game remaining.

Comment

• HCGM basically said we did a lot of dumb stuff

Comment

• We need to play Oklahoma Baptist so SHJ can finally have another good game.

Comment

• The point guard play tonight was terrible. Way too many dumb plays by JB and RT. And I agree with everybody that the two back to back turnovers with the game on the line was just pathetic. Shocker fans are not used to our guys throwing the ball away in such critical times in the game. In my opinon the shock looked panicky and I am not sure why?

The seniors shooting was painful to watch. The youth of this team and poor senior leadership raised its head again.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                      HCGM basically said we did a lot of dumb stuff
                      Immediately following our smartest game of the season. It makes you wonder.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• If I was a Memphis fan I’m not sure part of my rational brain I’d use to be optimistic. There’s not much meat on the bone on his club moving forward, and you just barely beat little WSU’s worst team in at least a decade.

Comment

• Markis talking Revenge Game prior to the game was not a good sign.

Comment

• Defense...puke
                            FT disparity...puke
                            BBIQ...puke
                            How were we still in this game?
                            Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• BOBB
                              BOBB commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Was there a 29 point swing from our biggest 1st half lead? Puke.

• Our three freshmen Burton, Dennis and Stevenson need to learn how to play without fouling. Both Burton and Dennis got in foul trouble first half and had to spend time on the bench when things were rolling along fairly well first half. We go in a drought and they make a run to finish the half. They then carry it over to the second half. These guys need to learn that every minute, play, turnover, missed layup, stupid pass, bad shot will show up at the end. The score

Comment

• Only got to listen to the first half, then saw end score. Damn. How can you go from playing so good to so bad so quick???

And Im getting tired of being 15-20 free throw attempts less per game...

"When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Working...
                              X