No announcement yet.

Wichita State at USF Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, glad the team enjoyed the weather there.

Comment

• How the **** did we beat UCF?

Comment

• Maizerunner08
        Maizerunner08 commented
        Editing a comment
        We shot out of our minds. Used up all of our shooting mojo that game.

• 1979Shocker
        1979Shocker commented
        Editing a comment
        Plus, UCF probably doesn't like cold weather.

• Our recruiting - on paper - should have us competitive in the AAC. Not top dog (little hard to match some of the brands we’re up against in the AAC), but quite respectable.

Not sure why that isn’t matching reality. It’s not like getting recruited and signed by little ol’ WSU adds an inflation factor into recruit stars/rankings, but it sure feels like something like that is happening.

The uncomfortable thought is that Marshall’s personality can possibly run a little toxic by itself, and without his ying counteracted by a yang like Jans or Heier. Perhaps we still are missing that personality compliment on the bench. Maybe not... dunno.

Comment

• ShockerFever
        ShockerFever commented
        Editing a comment
        What exodus? You mean the 9 seniors who graduated?

• rjl
        rjl commented
        Editing a comment
        If you've ever seen the team review film the night before a game, it's almost shocking how much the assistants do to prepare the team to play. Marshall doesn't really do or say much other than echo what the assistants say.

• Maizerunner08
        Maizerunner08 commented
        Editing a comment
        Fair point. Felt like we lost more to transfer than in reality.

• Were going to have to cut 5 or 6 players at the end of the season to get out of this hole. Too many guys with limited upside. We don’t have a lot of AAC level athletes on this team

Comment

• shoxlax
        shoxlax commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes because there are all of these unsigned guys out there better than who we have that will pick up the system right away. JFC, it’s all so easy.

• Dan
        Dan commented
        Editing a comment
        I’d try to plug in a couple JUCO guys. At least they have experience and would better even out our class issue.

• Topshock
        Topshock commented
        Editing a comment
        He will cut the right players Dan. Thank goodness he is making those decisions and not you.

• Originally posted by MadDog View Post
      Were going to have to cut 5 or 6 players at the end of the season to get out of this hole. Too many guys with limited upside. We don’t have a lot of MVC level athletes on this team
      Fixed

Comment

• We need a point guard
        Hows my post? send me feedback at 1-800-f$%k-off

Comment

• Maizerunner08
          Maizerunner08 commented
          Editing a comment
          This would go a long way.

• I thought we played hard and never gave up, but we just lack talent especially at PG. I knew and said
        a long time ago that our guards would be over matched in AAC play and thought we should try ES
        there. Don't know if he would have been the answer but thought he had the BBIQ. He sees the court
        pretty well. Don't understand why AM sat the entire second half. Thought he played well on D and
        nobody played well offensively. Still believe DD and ES are keepers. They are the best we have to
        go with the four centers. I'd try to RS MU though. That's six players. Feel pretty good about the
        guards coming in and Gordon. Need a good front court grad transfer to go with that group. I'll go on
        record right now picking us Saturday to bounce back.

Comment

• I've been following the Shockers for almost 50 years, and believe me I've seen some pretty bad basketball in that time. But I'm not sure how much more of this I can stomach.
          "Long wave the Yellow and the Black..."

Comment

• shoxlax
            shoxlax commented
            Editing a comment
            That may be the single worst post I’ve ever seen.

• NCAABound
            NCAABound commented
            Editing a comment
            Can we get a dislike for Docs posts?

• NCAABound
            NCAABound commented
            Editing a comment
            So I know youre a genius Doc....but in the real world...if a CEO has a year where profits drop by 75% they will be damn sure held accountable. And in college bball...the CEO has damn near 100% power.

• This is what happens when you try to plug holes with bubble gum in July.

Comment

• A surprisingly bad performance by this Shocker team and that includes the coaching staff.

The one good thing about this game was.....................uh, nevermind.

Comment

• Regardless, I’ll love my Shox till the day I die. I support coach, just hope he can right this ship sooner than later.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post
                I’ve always felt like our recruiting sucks for a program of our level. I’m all for getting “our” guys, but talent can’t be coached.
                Are you related to Mark Turgeon? I always think of his bulls**t statement about WSU at "this level" when someone says we should recruit at " our level" And who determines what our level is? Coach Marshall has recruited some great players and he has missed on some like all coaches do. So long as the shocks don't start paying players money underneath the table like the blueblood cheaters I am ok with what we're doing. Looks like some good shooters are coming in next year. We sure do need them.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                  A surprisingly bad performance by this Shocker team and that includes the coaching staff.

The one good thing about this game was.....................uh, nevermind.
                  The one good thing about this one game is that it was one game.

Honestly, we’ve only had a couple s*** show games this year where it was embarrassing. A lot of other games have been what we could have expected four months ago. Some others have been MORE than we could have expected.

Comment

• shoxlax
                    shoxlax commented
                    Editing a comment
                    No way to spin this other than an awful performance. But you are right—two games ago we way overachieved. I don’t think we were that good then and I don’t think we are as bad as we looked tonite.

• If anyone's listening to the locker room show, Greg is nailing it IMO.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• SHOCKvalue
                    SHOCKvalue commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Saying... ?

EDIT: Oh, you mean Greg, not GREGG. Duh.

• Maizerunner08
                    Maizerunner08 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Unable to listen, what are the highlights?

• ShockerFever
                    ShockerFever commented
                    Editing a comment
                    A lot of stuff he hit the nail on. Just a breakdown of our offense (or lack thereof) and how it's ran, the lack of leadership, the lack of team chemistry, etc. I can't recall everything but everything he was saying was making sense.

• Originally posted by Husker4Shockers View Post
                  I've been following the Shockers for almost 50 years, and believe me I've seen some pretty bad basketball in that time. But I'm not sure how much more of this I can stomach.
                  Lol. I am with you man. We are going to have to be strong this year. It's hard watching these guys. And many of us will have to make sure our criticism is fair.

Comment

• ShockingButTrue
                    ShockingButTrue commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Fair criticism would be a good policy for the coaches right about now too.
                Working...
                X