• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dan
    commented on 's reply
    Fred probably had the fastest hands to ever grace Koch arena

• Blackmag
    replied
    Stevenson has a lot to learn on the defensive end. Ron and Fred weren’t the quickest but they were good defensive players, knew all about positioning.

Leave a comment:

• Aargh
    commented on 's reply
    You got to walk away from that crap. as quick as Stevenson got T'd, I imagine he said one of the forbidden words. You can jaw a lot if you avoid certain words.

• Dan
    commented on 's reply
    That’s experience taking advantage of a Freshman hothead

• Shocker1388
    commented on 's reply
    I saw the stats on the ncaa website. ESPN is not loading them for some reason.

• asiseeit
    replied
    1. Imor1971 - YOU watch the tape. Cumberland and ES exchanging words and then THEIR center shoves ES in the
    chest and ES says something and gets t'd. The technical foul should have been on THEIR center and not ES. I have
    reffed many games and the cardinal rule for ref's is NOT to be the determining factor in a game - they certainly WERE
    today and absolutely ruined a great game AND determined the winner at the five minute mark.

2. Proud of the guys - ALL of them. Keep playing hard ! Do NOT even think about blaming ES as that was a BS call if
    I've ever seen one

Leave a comment:

• AZ Shocker
    replied
    With the foul disparity...sure feels like the league (AAC) was protecting a seed. Too much horseshit to digest. I'm gonna go watch my grass grow for the rest of the afternoon.

Leave a comment:

• Dan
    commented on 's reply
    AM is always going for blocks he can’t make and then is out of position when the ball comes off the rim

• Shockm
    replied
    Originally posted by Aargh View Post
    Stevenson may have a great attitude and he really hustles, but he really cost the Shox a lot of points today. He was getting consistently beat on drives to the basket and then runs his mouth and gets T'd.
    Did you really watch it? Cumberland ran his mouth as he acted innocent with his hands and facial expressions. We don’t know what was said but the red probly didn’t either. Stephenson wasn’t smooth as he looked right at Cumberland while Cumberland talked as he looked away. Not handled well by the stripes.

Leave a comment:

• BAShocker
    replied
    ...and 5 consecutive turnovers in the first half. Didn’t get a shot up for about 5 minutes. That is not going to win many games.

Leave a comment:

• Aargh
    replied
    Stats are stuck at 11:07 left in the game.

Leave a comment:

• 1979Shocker
    replied
    What hurt us in this game is JE getting two early fouls and then DD getting two fouls. There goes our rebounding. AM is big, but he's not an aggressive rebounder. That allowed Cincinnati to get a bunch of second chances, a lot which ended in points.

Leave a comment:

• Dan
    commented on 's reply
    Stevenson. Is not even in that game if Dennis played halfway decent. You could say Dennis was just as much at fault for laying a big turd today.

• Walker
    replied
    Man...what a bizarre game from the get go. We've definitely got young team, so it's to be expected we'll probably foul a bit more but that was ridiculous. I wish Stevenson and coach wouldn't have let their emotions dictate their actions at such a crucial point in the game but it happens. Learn from it. I went back and watched DD's fouls and there was one that seemed like a good call. That foul he got called for knocking down the screener, the Cincy guy flopped and it was even a delayed flop that seemed so obvious. I don't know how the stripes would fall for that. It seemed like an effort to get one of our best defenders out of the game, and I'm not talking about Cincy.

Can't really fault Cincy, they just took advantage of what they were given. Favorable calls and then capitalizing on our mistakes. I still think this teams turning a corner though. Put this one behind and gear up for USF, that'll be another tough one.

Leave a comment:

• RoyalShock
    replied
    Originally posted by Singeril View Post
    May be the worst free throw disparity I’ve ever heard of. They are either that much better than us, that much smarter or that much quicker—-or the refereeing is revolting.
    A team led by seniors and juniors. I don't think any of their freshmen play meaningful minutes.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X