No announcement yet.

LSU In Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I like Coach Brady because he agreed to a series with Wichita State, including bringing his team into Koch Arena. Most BCS coaches won't come to Koch Arena.

Comment

• I just barely got home and OMFG

I wont be able to talk until Saturday then im going to turn around and lose my voice again.

on the offensive side of the ball we were ok. Outside shot is lacking. Again I will ask the same question I asked before the season though.
      Am I the only one not worried about the post play? Phil FU&%^NG Thomasson and KING RRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMOOOOOOOOO
      were flipping MONSTERS tonight.

I promise if Cooz would have hit that first dunk I was going to get up and walk out seriously. Say what you want but I would not want that moment in time to end EVER.

I cant preach how happy I am in regards to our defensive EFFORT!! diving for balls, hands up, great pressure you name it we did it.

Mantas and Aaron stepped their play up tonight. Who saw that ball fake and drive that Aaron did tonight. I havent seen a mention of it but :shock:

So much to say, brain not working right WWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOO WWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WWWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOO

SATURDAY !!

Comment

• Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone
        I promise if Cooz would have hit that first dunk I was going to get up and walk out seriously. Say what you want but I would not want that moment in time to end EVER.
        Tell me I am not alone: When Cooz had the full extension for that first dunk, and his arm all the way out and he was in the air from what seemed like the 3 point line, it was like time just froze and he was just holding in air. Bullet time. Matrix time. Hang time. Whatever. It was just like he froze at full extension and then SLAM.

It was still early enough that I wasn't certain where the game was going so for the half a second after the miss and before Ramon got it, my brain automatically said "well ..." but it couldn't finish because Ramon finished. It was the most beautiful/ugly/beautiful thing ever.

As for Matt's lob to Cooz, I was like the LSU defenders and caught totally off guard. My view of the court is looking straight down the lane. Phil was in the lane and Matt was straight in front of me down court. From my angle, it looked like he was passing to Phil, who wasn't even facing the right way and never saw it coming. Again my brain froze in an "Oh no!" moment. I was so focused on Phil working the paint and Matt bringing it up, I never saw PJ.

Let that be a lesson to you, never take your eyes off PJ.

Anyways, I see the ball go up and I'm thinking "Oh no, what is th..."

BOOM SHAKALAKA!

Amazing. Simply amazing.

As for the 3s, I said this in during the game and I'll say it again. There wasn't a single 3pt shot that wasn't at the buzzer that I didn't approve of (after each 3 you can see Matt, Gal, et al look towards my seat to see if I approve). They were open, good clean shots. You have to take those.

Late in the game Phil had a wide open (and by wide I mean no one was on his side of the court) 3pt shot that he hesitated on and didn't take. He took it strong to the hole, like coach told him to but I don't want to see guys like Matt hesitate on those wide open shots. He can make those, we all know he can. So don't complain if they are a little cold when they take the obvious, good shots. These things even out.

Finally, I didn't get to listen to the whole post game, round up, etc. Why was Phil T on the bench so long in the 2nd half or did it just seem like forever and I'm crazy?

(It took a game like this to get me back in the posting mood)

Comment

• Originally posted by wu_shizzle
          Originally posted by AndShock
          Originally posted by KC Shox
          By the way, did the Shox sport any new uniforms tonight like they did at UMKC.
          Last year's yellows.
          Scouting Ellis must be nerve racking.

Is he number #40? #0?

I heard that he was #40 tonight because they didn't have #0 in the gold uni's. If you looked closely, all the new players names were patched to the back. Those were last year's golds.

Comment

• Originally posted by boneshock
            Originally posted by wu_shizzle
            Last year's yellows.

Is he number #40? #0?

I heard that he was #40 tonight because they didn't have #0 in the gold uni's. If you looked closely, all the new players names were patched to the back. Those were last year's golds.
            Correct-o. They still haven't gotten all the unis in yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosewood
              Originally posted by boneshock
              Originally posted by wu_shizzle
              Last year's yellows.

Is he number #40? #0?

Correct-o. They still haven't gotten all the unis in yet.
              Ramon is wearing Karon's old jersey, Mantas is wearing Kyle's and I'm pretty sure Aaron is wearing Chris Brown's.
              "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
              -John Wooden

Comment

• Originally posted by KC Shox
                How was the crowd tonight? Were we as loud as we ever been, I'm hoping they fans were vibrating the floor.

The crowd was very good tonight. I think this post from a LSU fan on one of their message boards says it all:

'I think Brady is a decent coach. Half of these LSU fans have no clue what the frick they're talking about when they blame everything on Brady, but frick it. If firing him will get us a crowd like Wichita State's, then I'm all for it."

:posterwu:

Comment

• Originally posted by shocker3
                  How was the crowd tonight? Were we as loud as we ever been, I'm hoping they fans were vibrating the floor.

The crowd was very good tonight. I think this post from a LSU fan on one of their message boards says it all:

'I think Brady is a decent coach. Half of these LSU fans have no clue what the frick they're talking about when they blame everything on Brady, but frick it. If firing him will get us a crowd like Wichita State's, then I'm all for it."

I noticed CGM, during a particularly loud moment, look into the crowd with a smirk on his face as to say "Wow, I really like this."
                  "You can observe a lot just by watching."
                  -- Yogi Berra

Comment

• What amazed me most about this game was one stat - WSU got 50 rebounds!

Comment

• that ties a university record, somebody said??????

Comment

• A couple of observations: Everyone is saying LSU is a bad team. If WSU plays a bad team, I expect them to win by 15-20 points. They have lost to several bad teams so I view this game as a step in the right direction. Aside from a few sloppy moments late in the second half, I was proud of the intensity and the focus the players showed. They did not let up and kept the pressure on LSU. Also, I loved the rebounding effort and the defense. Yes – they need to shoot better from 3 but I still have to believe they will come around. Notwithstanding, if they give this type of effort in every game they will give themselves a chance to win and that is all I can really ask for.

As an aside, it sounded like a fun game to watch live and I wish I could have been there.

Comment

Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone
                          Tell me I am not alone: When Cooz had the full extension for that first dunk, and his arm all the way out and he was in the air from what seemed like the 3 point line, it was like time just froze and he was just holding in air. Bullet time. Matrix time. Hang time. Whatever. It was just like he froze at full extension and then SLAM.

It was still early enough that I wasn't certain where the game was going so for the half a second after the miss and before Ramon got it, my brain automatically said "well ..." but it couldn't finish because Ramon finished. It was the most beautiful/ugly/beautiful thing ever.

As for Matt's lob to Cooz, I was like the LSU defenders and caught totally off guard. My view of the court is looking straight down the lane. Phil was in the lane and Matt was straight in front of me down court. From my angle, it looked like he was passing to Phil, who wasn't even facing the right way and never saw it coming. Again my brain froze in an "Oh no!" moment. I was so focused on Phil working the paint and Matt bringing it up, I never saw PJ.

Let that be a lesson to you, never take your eyes off PJ.

Anyways, I see the ball go up and I'm thinking "Oh no, what is th..."

BOOM SHAKALAKA!

Amazing. Simply amazing.

As for the 3s, I said this in during the game and I'll say it again. There wasn't a single 3pt shot that wasn't at the buzzer that I didn't approve of (after each 3 you can see Matt, Gal, et al look towards my seat to see if I approve). They were open, good clean shots. You have to take those.

Late in the game Phil had a wide open (and by wide I mean no one was on his side of the court) 3pt shot that he hesitated on and didn't take. He took it strong to the hole, like coach told him to but I don't want to see guys like Matt hesitate on those wide open shots. He can make those, we all know he can. So don't complain if they are a little cold when they take the obvious, good shots. These things even out.

Finally, I didn't get to listen to the whole post game, round up, etc. Why was Phil T on the bench so long in the 2nd half or did it just seem like forever and I'm crazy?

(It took a game like this to get me back in the posting mood)
                          Right on Rose!!

It was like in baseball when somebody hits a bomb and your like "its gone its gone" but then your like "no it was to high" if he would have taken one more step before elevation it was game over!!

i actually missed Cooz's oop. I only saw when he came of the rim and I had to watch the replay of it hahaha.

As far as the tre's go There wasnt a bad shot. A couple of rushed ones but over all very good. We just couldnt make them.

And thats the same thing I asked the people around me. Where the hell is Phil at

Comment

• Originally posted by shocker3

That says quite a bit about our fans. Playing in a very hostile place like Koch can only prepare a team for games later in the year and in conference. I really don't understand why some ACC or Big East or Big 12 schools don't come play here. What's the worst that could happen? Oh yeah....they leave a loser.

Comment

• What a great convincing win. I had a feeling WSU would come out real strong in this game, but I didn't want to post anything and jinx it. Hopefully this is the spark the Shox need to put things together before conference play. Good job Shockers! And a great showing from the WSU faithful.
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkpl68bfCtM

Comment

coach just said he is going home and going to get laid. awesome.
                                I'm glad I'm not the only one who read that into his line! I'm sure he STILL got some good sleep...

I knew it was going to be a good night last night when I was the winner of the trivia question on the pregame show. Question was: "Tonight is the fourth game between WSU and LSU, this is the first in Wichita, the previous two were in Baton Rouge, where was the other played?"

A serious bunny (Elite Eight loss in NOLA at the Superdome). And I nailed it. I still can't believe I was actually the first caller to get through. $15 gift cert for Applebee's! :yahoo:
                                Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Working...
                                X