No announcement yet.

Wichita State at Memphis Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In his last 7 games, SHJ has 18 assists, 18 turnovers, just 2 sterals and amazingly one block. 34% FG, 30% 2-pt and 37% 3-pt.
    "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
    ---------------------------------------
    Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
    "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
    "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Dan
      Dan commented
      Editing a comment
      How does that compare to our other guards?

• ShockTalk
      ShockTalk commented
      Editing a comment
      Helped a tad with that 3pt shooting that you picked up the Baylor game for the 7th game (6-11).

In fact, taking that single game out of his .349 season 3pt shooting drops it to .320 for the other 12 games.

• Originally posted by proshox View Post
    Watching UCF vs. UCONN. Seeing how effective a simple 2-3 zone can be... why HCGM can’t just simplify that use of zone so that it doesn’t look like mass confusion every time we go into it...
    You have brought this up before. Can you explain the difference between our zone and a standard 2-3 zone? Asking for a friend. I'll hang up and listen.
    Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• proshox
      proshox commented
      Editing a comment
      BOBB - when I watch WSU attempt to execute the match-up zone I see tentativeness and breakdowns. I believe that is mainly a result of low use of the zone.

IMO, if you are going to rarely use zone it would be important to keep it as simple as possible to avoid unnecessary breakdowns and ensure high activity of the zone. At the end of the day, the zone is used to either protect fouls or give the opposing offense something to disrupt their rythym. I don’t think there is much value in over complicating the zone principles.

Find the minimum effective dose of zone style.

• Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
    In his last 7 games, SHJ has 18 assists, 18 turnovers, just 2 sterals and amazingly one block. 34% FG, 30% 2-pt and 37% 3-pt.
    Definitely a guy that needs to be logging lots of minutes for the future. Definitely a guy the offense needs to go through.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by BOBB View Post

You have brought this up before. Can you explain the difference between our zone and a standard 2-3 zone? Asking for a friend. I'll hang up and listen.
      As I understand, our "Fresno" zone has the guards on kind of a rubber band with one being in the FT circle and the other on the ball, So if SHJ is on the ball, Torres is in the circle preventing a pass to the middle. When the ball swings, SHJ goes to the circle and Torres plays the ball. There are many nuances which involve the forward on the side of the ball and whether the pass on the wing is below or above the foul line, but you can usually see this "rubber band action" of the two guards in the initial first several passes by the offense.

In the 2-3 zone, the guards stay essentially level and just move in tandem from side to side as the ball moves.

Please, coaches, correct me if I'm off base here.
      "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
      ---------------------------------------
      Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
      "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
      "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Working...
      X