No announcement yet.

Shocker Madness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think a good part of why the D looked way ahead of the offense was due to Ragland not being on the floor. That being said, it was interesting watching the differences at PG between DWill and Cotton. DWill with his higher intensity and Cotton with his calm control. I was probably hoping for a little more solid play from DWill, but he did OK. Cotton was a nice surprise.....very steady for a freshman.

Question 1) Is White already ahead of EO? With GS out of the lineup, are we better with Hall at the 5 and White at the 4 or EO at the 5 and Hall at the 4? It was only one scrimmage, but I still don't see OE playing 10-15 minutes in big games.

Question 2) Who's going to get the minutes at the 2 and 3? Murry's going to get his, but where will most of it come from....the 2 or 3 (I believe he'll play both at least some)? Ben certainly made a statement tonight that he's not a backup. David beware....Ben is demanding more minutes at the 3 and is pushing Murry more to the 2. Evan did well, but he's not going to take minutes from Murry, Smith, or Kyles.

Comment

• And how did the women do,exceed expectations or - did they just show up?

Comment

• Originally posted by mumdaddy316 View Post
        And how did the women do,exceed expectations or - did they just show up?
        Exceeded my expectations. I will post on the Women's thread.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
          No they did not mention his name. I have no problem with how 3G handled this. If you need to send a message best to send it loud and clear. IMHO.
          I agree that Joe needed to be disciplined and I have no problem with that. But I don't think punishing him for his failure to attend class THIS YEAR should have anything at all to do with being recognized for his accomplishments and achievements from LAST YEAR. They could have had him show up for the ring ceremony and then leave, but to deny him what he rightfully earned I don't agree with. I know that he will be given his ring, but it's just not the same thing. I guess I should be glad that Marshall is head coach and can make those types of decisions, but I will still disagree with this one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shox21 View Post
            I agree that Joe needed to be disciplined and I have no problem with that. But I don't think punishing him for his failure to attend class THIS YEAR should have anything at all to do with being recognized for his accomplishments and achievements from LAST YEAR. They could have had him show up for the ring ceremony and then leave, but to deny him what he rightfully earned I don't agree with. I know that he will be given his ring, but it's just not the same thing. I guess I should be glad that Marshall is head coach and can make those types of decisions, but I will still disagree with this one.
            I don't think handing him the ring and then just keeping him out of a meaningless intrasquad scrimmage carries much of a message.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shox21 View Post
              It has everything to do with being part of the team. No player is bigger than the team. You break team rules you pay the price. I'm sure Rags will get his ring, but being denied the chance to bask in the glory with the team should eat at him and I suspect the message was received.

--'85
              Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                Question 1) Is White already ahead of EO? With GS out of the lineup, are we better with Hall at the 5 and White at the 4 or EO at the 5 and Hall at the 4? It was only one scrimmage, but I still don't see OE playing 10-15 minutes in big games.
                I have my doubts that Orupke will ever play meaningful minutes as a Shocker. He just isn't developing into much of a force.

--'85
                Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

• In his 5th season at the helm, it's really, REALLY hard to question anything Coach Marshall does when it comes to discipline. The program is squeaky clean, he's graduated EVERY four year player, you've heard next to nothing (or nothing) about any of the kids getting into trouble, and the appearance of the program in the community is fantastic.

It's Gregg's team and Gregg's program to lead and discipline as he sees fit.

But I too will disagree here. I think Joe deserved to be recognized tonight. No doubt it's Joe's fault, but I would have liked to have seen him at least have his name read.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker85 View Post
                    I have my doubts that Orupke will ever play meaningful minutes as a Shocker. He just isn't developing into much of a force.

--'85
                    EO is struggling a little with "game time". Just as he's had really good moments, he's had nights like tonight. He IS getting better. Maybe 50% of his game is now reaction instead of thinking. It was 10% (maybe) last season. Keep in mind EO went up against the most complete center in the league and a NIT All Tournament Team player who was having a good night.

EO isn't going to be All America, but he'll give us a lot of good minutes this year and he's only going to get better.

Comment

• In my opinion EO has two speeds. The perfect speed and a sloppy neutral. Unfortunately he seems to use the good speed at the wrong moments and uses the bad speed when he can't afford to. Both seem to result in his foul issues.

It looks like he did put on 10+ pounds (muscle) in the off-season though. I can't see him ever contributing many points to the offense, but he should be able to open a few things up for others while giving Stutz a break. Going against Stutz everyday will help him more than he realizes I'm sure.

Women looked really solid. Get rid of a few bad shots and they'd have looked A++.

Comment

• Assuming Stutz and Hall both start, there's a big drop off in the 2nd team with EO and White. We better hope we don't get into situations where Stutz and Hall are both in foul trouble. Hall at the 5 and White at the 4 would be ok, but EO/White and we're in trouble down low. I can see that being the situation where we go small.

Comment

• EO will be a defensive force. He blocked so many shots. There was one, I think it was ede who went up for an easy dunk and EO pinned it on the glass. He was a big reason Black missed most of their inside shots. BUT... he would seriously be gone in about two minutes in a game. He just fouls too much.

Baker really impressed me. I think if you add some O'Rear muttonchops to his face, he could be FOY this year or next if he redshirts. Very disciplined player.

Say it ain't so, Joe!
                          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
                          Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post
                            Baker really impressed me. I think if you add some O'Rear muttonchops to his face, he could be FOY this year or next if he redshirts. Very disciplined player.
                            Don't forget he sees the floor as well or better than any WSU player in recent memory. He struggled with his shot early but I am chalking that up to nerves. Scott City didn't often play in front of 4000 fans. I've seen him bury a bunch in a row enough to be certain the kid can shoot it, big time.

He WILL redshirt this year although I suggest he never suit up because if something goes wrong in the middle of the season and Coach Marshall looks down the bench as he's want to do looking for an answer, it will be very tempting to insert Mr. Baker.

Ron will redshirt and he'll have a say in the FOY. Mr. Early will have a deathgrip on the NOY. But that's next year. There are things to be accomplished now.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                              And he was moving very gingerly. Even if his ribs are just bruised he will be very sore and tender for a while. Very scary fall.
                              Bah, he's got like 20 of 'em. Get back in the game Toure!
                              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• I think there has been a drastic improvement to EO's game. Like Doc said, he was guarding what could turn out to be the best player in the league. Alot of players are going to foul out against GS. On the offensive side, he was getting position and catching the ball which is something he hasn't been able to do since he's been here. That was also against GS and CH. I also noticed that most of the time he was drawing a double team once he caught the ball. Several times he found the open man and kicked it out to him.

His shot is still a work in progress to say the least. To say there hasn't been an improvement.....well you just don't remeber how raw he was. There has been a huge improvement IMHO.

I think Cotton, Wessel, White, and Baker will all be big time at some point.

Comment

Working...
                                X