Shockers in the NBA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

If they don’t play they don’t get the money.
    Also, neither do the restaurant workers, hotel employees, gym employees, hair stylists, etc...

Comment

• Originally posted by California Shocker View Post

Six figures for doing nothing and get to say you're on an NBA team is better than most of us.
      I don't know how the NBA works but, major and minor league baseball is about a 16 hr/day job. 7 days a week.
      Nate Robertson was a friend of my sons and when his career was slowing he was on the Round Rock pitching staff. My son and I talked to him and found that they have a grueling schedule. Showing up @ 7AM and staying after dark every night. It really is a job, not just sitting around a couple a day

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Also, neither do the restaurant workers, hotel employees, gym employees, hair stylists, etc...
        I feel bad for all unemployed workers and some do have it worse than others. My original point was that many first year players who weren’t drafted, and don’t have guaranteed money and who may have not achieved their degree, and may not have been fortunate to have parents who taught them about financial discipline probably don’t have it near as good as Fred. In fact many of those players are no better off than the unemployed restaurant workers, hotel employees, hair stylists, etc. that you mentioned.

Comment

• If an unpaid NBA player wants to switch places with me, I’ll gladly wait out the shutdown and continue their NBA career.
          The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
            I think the point is that those guys aren’t swimming in extra money like Fred. If they have a family and live beyond their means, they need that next paycheck just as much as the next guy. If they’ve only been in the league a year or 2, they probably don’t have a lot set aside quite yet.
            Exactly. There is a huge disparity in compensation, which is fine, but the guys making the minimum at the end of the bench get hammered on expenses and if they aren't great at money management, they could easily end up broke.

60% of nba players ending up bankrupt has a lot to do with league minimum guys playing two or three years with little else to fall back on when their playing days end. Fans see the millions that LaBron makes over 20 years, but dont consider that Jackie Moon is driving an old rusty Buick.

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• And dont pretend you didnt see my Jackie Moon reference and smile just a little bit.
              There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• nm
                Last edited by MelvinLoudermilk; April 24, 2020, 10:34 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post

Exactly. There is a huge disparity in compensation, which is fine, but the guys making the minimum at the end of the bench get hammered on expenses and if they aren't great at money management, they could easily end up broke.

60% of nba players ending up bankrupt has a lot to do with league minimum guys playing two or three years with little else to fall back on when their playing days end. Fans see the millions that LaBron makes over 20 years, but dont consider that Jackie Moon is driving an old rusty Buick.
                  You mean players (and schools at all levels) should take an education more seriously? What a novel idea.

Many high paid (real) players end up driving that rusty Buick as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

You mean players (and schools at all levels) should take an education more seriously? What a novel idea.

Many high paid (real) players end up driving that rusty Buick as well.
                    The world also needs trash professionals...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

The world also needs trash professionals...

I hope that trash guy is making the league minimum.

Comment

• Comment

• Look at the guy in the white shirt. Looks very familiar. What a great pic
                          You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                          This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• the raptors posted an almost 40 minute fred vanvleet: origins story to their youtube account if anyone is interested! i love the open gym series they have going on, i wish more teams did it.

Fred VanVleet doesn’t take this life for granted. In this special extended episode, Open Gym relives the moments that have made VanVleet a favourite to Toron...

Comment

• Originally posted by shockinglyno View Post
                              the raptors posted an almost 40 minute fred vanvleet: origins story to their youtube account if anyone is interested! i love the open gym series they have going on, i wish more teams did it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujbOmPnaU_w
                              Thank you so much for this. That was awesome. FRED VAN VLEET what a great story. Never get tired of hearing it. Go Shocks.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockinglyno View Post
                                the raptors posted an almost 40 minute fred vanvleet: origins story to their youtube account if anyone is interested! i love the open gym series they have going on, i wish more teams did it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujbOmPnaU_w
                                The most adorable daughter EVER

Comment

Working...
                                X