No announcement yet.

Shockers in the NBA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freddy with 29 and 6 leading the Raptors to their 14th win in a row.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
      Freddy with 29 and 6 leading the Raptors to their 14th win in a row.
      10 in the 4th quarter; he hit some big shots and free throws... the Raptors almost choked it away and probably would have without Fred’s play down the stretch.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
        Freddy with 29 and 6 leading the Raptors to their 14th win in a row.
        How long is Lowry out? Fred always gets big numbers, it seems, to pick up the slack when Kyle isn't playing.

Comment

• Fred VanVleet 29 Points/6 Assists Full Highlights (2/8/2020)

Comment

• Landry Shamet 23 Points/6 Assists Full Highlights (2/5/2020)

Comment

• Can we get Fred to come back and teach a crash-course on:

- dribble-drive/dribble-penetration
              - change of pace
              - how to use you body to shield a defender
              - how to improve your shooting percentage
              - mental toughness
              - on-court leadership

Seriously, has anyone in NBA history gotten more with less than Fred?

I mean that with the highest form of respect. Dude has no right to be as great as he has been in the NBA and he’s in line to make $20M+/year.
              The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
                Can we get Fred to come back and teach a crash-course on:

- dribble-drive/dribble-penetration
                - change of pace
                - how to use you body to shield a defender
                - how to improve your shooting percentage
                - mental toughness
                - on-court leadership

Seriously, has anyone in NBA history gotten more with less than Fred?

I mean that with the highest form of respect. Dude has no right to be as great as he has been in the NBA and he’s in line to make $20M+/year.
                Fred did it himself, but his stepfather deserves a lot of credit. This was a great article by Jason King.

WICHITA, Kan. — He made drug busts and responded to gang fights deep into the night, rarely finishing his shift with the Rockford, Ill., Police Department before 2 a.m...
                "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• In an interesting statistic, Fred currently leads the NBA with 8.9 passes out of drives per game. I think that says a lot about where our current woes are coming from.

For reference, the others behinds him are Westbrook at 8.8, DeRozan at 8.4, Trae Young at 8.2, Derrick Rose at 7.2, Ja Morant at 7.0 and Chris Paul at 7.0. In other words, elite PGs. Fred is doing it without the next-level athleticism of those guys with pure skill.

No one tracks this stuff at the collegiate level, but I highly suspect we have less than 8.9 passes per game off drives as a team.

Comment

• Originally posted by CBB_Fan View Post
                    In an interesting statistic, Fred currently leads the NBA with 8.9 passes out of drives per game. I think that says a lot about where our current woes are coming from.

For reference, the others behinds him are Westbrook at 8.8, DeRozan at 8.4, Trae Young at 8.2, Derrick Rose at 7.2, Ja Morant at 7.0 and Chris Paul at 7.0. In other words, elite PGs. Fred is doing it without the next-level athleticism of those guys with pure skill.

No one tracks this stuff at the collegiate level, but I highly suspect we have less than 8.9 passes per game off drives as a team.
                    Do we even have 8.9 drives per game?

Comment

• Do you count the dribble dribble dribble dribble dribble turnover as a drive?

Comment

• Originally posted by NCAABound View Post

Do we even have 8.9 drives per game?
                        JB has that himself alone. None successful mind you.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

JB has that himself alone. None successful mind you.
                          So does Cumberland. He gets to shoot 12 free throws. Meh.

Comment

• This just in. Landry is a total stud!

Comment

• Clippers and Celtics going into second OT tied at 127-127. Shamet tied it in the first OT with a 3.

On TNT.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
                                Clippers and Celtics going into second OT tied at 127-127. Shamet tied it in the first OT with a 3.

On TNT.
                                I was scanning through the sport channels and happened to see Leonard pull a "ball hog" for the last 10+ seconds of the shot clock and get a charge as the shot clock was ending in regulation. Figured Boston would win it after the turnover with a little over 10 seconds left so I didn't see the OTs.

Even though Boston ended up winning by 8 in double OT, Shamet more than did his part. Led the Clips in minutes (48) and had 19 points shooting 5-11 FG /4-8 3pt /5-5 FT. The rest of the team was 41% / 26% / 78%. Leonard was 10-27 / 1-6 / 7-7.

Comment

Working...
                                X