No announcement yet.

Shockers in the NBA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Fred isn't an All Star, then I better stop evaluating basketball altogether, am I wrong? Legend.

Screenshot_20200118-213435.png

Comment

• I'm still mad at myself for not getting a picture when I ran into him, just chilling by himself, at Scottsdale Fashion Square. I was trying to be cool, but damnit I should've just asked for the damn picture.

Comment

• Originally posted by Root Angry View Post
        I'm still mad at myself for not getting a picture when I ran into him, just chilling by himself, at Scottsdale Fashion Square. I was trying to be cool, but damnit I should've just asked for the damn picture.
        Oh man Root! I am sure he would have too...never know who you might see at Fashion Square! Haha

Comment

• Originally posted by Root Angry View Post
          If Fred isn't an All Star, then I better stop evaluating basketball altogether, am I wrong? Legend.

Screenshot_20200118-213435.png
          Some interesting tidbits from the box score:

FVV and Lowry played the most minutes at 29 and 28 respectively. The Raptors had 7 other players between 20 and 25 minutes.

FVV not only was the leading scorer, but also had the best +/- at +20. No other starter was more than +8. Next 3 best +/- were off the bench in Hollis-Jefferson +13, Powell +12, and Ibaka +9. Make your own conclusions.

Of those with 4 or more shots, FVV lead with # of made shots and % at 11-16 (.688) and 7-8 (.875) from 3. FVV and Lowry were 12-16 from 3. The rest of the team was 1-19.

FVV also lead the team in steals at 4.

Comment

• Fred VanVleet 29 Points/7 Threes Full Highlights (1/18/2020)

Those Timberwolves uniforms are not exactly easy on the eyes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Arizona Shocker View Post

Oh man Root! I am sure he would have too...never know who you might see at Fashion Square! Haha
              He definitely would have. He did stop going where he was going to address this here fan and talked to me for about a minute. That was very cool, and he is just as composed as he always is.

This was before his explosion onto the scene, before winning an NBA championship and getting a finals MVP vote, before his All Star appearance, and before his All Defensive team award, etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

Some interesting tidbits from the box score:

FVV and Lowry played the most minutes at 29 and 28 respectively. The Raptors had 7 other players between 20 and 25 minutes.

FVV not only was the leading scorer, but also had the best +/- at +20. No other starter was more than +8. Next 3 best +/- were off the bench in Hollis-Jefferson +13, Powell +12, and Ibaka +9. Make your own conclusions.

Of those with 4 or more shots, FVV lead with # of made shots and % at 11-16 (.688) and 7-8 (.875) from 3. FVV and Lowry were 12-16 from 3. The rest of the team was 1-19.

FVV also lead the team in steals at 4.
                Thanks for translating! That's exactly why I posted the screenshot, it speaks for itself, but if I want too lazy, I would've typed exactly what you did! Even the first thing that jumped at me was the +20 +/-.

Comment

• I noticed nothing posted about Shamet for a while, so here are his highlights vs the Cavaliers on 1/14/2020.

Last edited by 1979Shocker; January 19, 2020, 02:39 PM.

Comment

• Landry Shamet vs Orlando Magic (01/16/2020)

Comment

• Landry was 5-8 from three with 18 points and +13 in three point win
                      "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                      ---------------------------------------
                      Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                      "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                      "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Landry Shamet 18 Points Full Highlights (1/21/2020)

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
                          Landry Shamet 18 Points Full Highlights (1/21/2020)

Watch Cuban's reaction after the last dagger...
                          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Super clutch shooting by LS for the win.

Comment

• FVV won't make the all star team until he wins a championship! Oh wait..................
                              I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

Watch Cuban's reaction after the last dagger...
                                I think he was like "Who the heck is that guy?" Lol!

Comment

Working...
                                X