No announcement yet.

The potential irony of Conner Frankamp and Perry Ellis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If he declares and goes undrafted, the irony will be complete.

Comment

• I suppose KU fans can take solace in the fact that Ellis & Frankamp made a bigger impact than Thurman and Marshall.

Comment

• Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
        Rumors are swirling that Perry is going to declare. No inside knowledge on the issue, but boy would that be a shame for next year's Jayhawk squad.

A shame indeed.
        For an academically bright kid, that would be a stupid move. Who is going to draft a PF who shoots a set shot from the perimeter. I just don't see him as physical enough to play the four. He would be out of his league at the three.

Comment

• Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
          Rumors are swirling that Perry is going to declare. No inside knowledge on the issue, but boy would that be a shame for next year's Jayhawk squad.

A shame indeed.

He would sure miss all of that unwavering encouragement and support the Beakers have given him on Facebook, Twitter, Phognet, etc.

Comment

• Maybe Perry is just tired of being thrown under the bus and wants to make some dough in Europe.

Comment

• don't see him going in the first round at all.

come to WSU enjoy the hometown love and respect you actually deserve Mr. Ellis.

Comment

• Originally posted by mjbaker84 View Post
                don't see him going in the first round at all.

come to WSU enjoy the hometown love and respect you actually deserve Mr. Ellis.
                Wow, it would never happen but you could imagine...

VanVleet
                Baker
                Ellis
                Shaquille
                EW

With Conor as the 6th man? Dude, 4 kansas kids, three of them from Wichita taking the Shox to the national Title? It has Disney movie written all over it. It would also be the first group of local guys since Mateen Cleeves and the boys from Flint that did it 17 years ago for MSU.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockerman View Post
                  Wow, it would never happen but you could imagine...

VanVleet
                  Baker
                  Ellis
                  Shaquille
                  EW

With Conor as the 6th man? Dude, 4 kansas kids, three of them from Wichita taking the Shox to the national Title? It has Disney movie written all over it. It would also be the first group of local guys since Mateen Cleeves and the boys from Flint that did it 17 years ago for MSU.
                  mighty shockers (mighty ducks)
                  Shocker Park (jurassic park)

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockerman View Post
                    It would also be the first group of local guys since Mateen Cleeves and the boys from Flint that did it 17 years ago for MSU.
                    Woof. Don't I feel really old all of a sudden? I feel like it was just last year I was watching the Elite 8 game vs. Iowa State.

Comment

• Friendly reminder: If WSU can finish ahead of KU one more time this year, we will have successfully completed a sweep regarding the irony of Perry Ellis. Landing Frankamp on the roster already completed the Frankamp irony. He can only make it worse by having a successful career here in the two following years after this one.

Comment

• Originally posted by ABC View Post
                        I can not fault their decisions one single bit.

No more than KU fans should fault JoCo, Lawrence, Topeka, Northeast Kansas area folks picking WSU over KU in baseball. (Pat Magness, Jim Audley, John Tetuan, Kent Becker, Kevin Hooper, Albert Minnis, Jordon Cooper, Josh Workman and Rob Musgrave just for starters) - I know I am missing a lot.

The irony is that it appears WSU is headed for its greatest basketball success since 1981 and 1964-65 without the most highly-ranked Wichita players.

Yes, I know, let's wait to see if the Shocks have post-season wins.

We are peering into the future, but things look very, very good for WSU basketball for the next several years.

We have a lot of Kansans our team.

Wessel, Mitchell, Baker, Hasty, and Vautravers.

The 1965 Final Four had a lot of Kansans.

Dave Leach (McPherson)
                        Vernon Smith (Newton)
                        Kelly Pete (Wichita East)
                        Jamie Thompson (Wichita East)
                        John Criss (Wichita Southeast)

The 1989 National College World Series Champs had the following Kansans on the field when WSU won (6 of 9):

Greg Brummet (Wichita Northwest)
                        PJ Forbes (Pittsburg)
                        Pat Meares (Salina Salina Sacred Heart)
                        Mike Jones (Wichita East)
                        Todd Dreifort (Wichita Heights)
                        Jim Audley (Overland Park, Shawnee Mission North)

I know I am missing folks on the bench who contributed.

We are headed for great things.

Kansans competing for WSU do not take a back seat to KU or KSU or anyone else in any sport.

(Apologies for not mentioning folks like Mike Pelfrey, Desiraye Osburn, Andy Dirks, etc.)
                        A seer.
                        "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• This was fun reading again. Sadly (but somewhat understandably) there was quite a bit of Conner bashing at times throughout the thread.

For various reasons I believe he deserves a little sympathy for what he's endured. He followed his dream, it didn't work out so he's got a new dream.

I also feel he'll need little if any sympathy come Dec 13.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                            This was fun reading again. Sadly (but somewhat understandably) there was quite a bit of Conner bashing at times throughout the thread.

For various reasons I believe he deserves a little sympathy for what he's endured. He followed his dream, it didn't work out so he's got a new dream.

I also feel he'll need little if any sympathy come Dec 13.
                            Are you saying that he'll work to shove it up Self's backside and make himself into a pro at Wichita State?
                            78-65

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
                              Are you saying that he'll work to shove it up Self's backside and make himself into a pro at Wichita State?
                              That's what I heard him say. :)
                              "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

• You guys better not be leading me astray. I've been skeptical since I heard he was coming, and his first news being bad didn't help, but I'm really getting excited to see what he can do now.
                                "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Working...
                                X