Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rosewood View Post
    No way. He is like Blake bell -- he won't ever leave his dream team
    I imagine that if/when Frankamp leaves, he would try to go to Tulsa with Manning.

Comment

• From all I read, it really sounds like Coach Self wanted Conner to redshirt. I suspect it was his decision to not do so. I imagine Coach Self is just like Coach Marshall in that the final decision is up to the player. He advises the player, but then lets the player make the decision. We've had at least a couple players in the past few years who felt that they might have made a mistake by not following Coach's advise.

Comment

• I am a big Perry Ellis fan, but I don't believe he gets the minutes here that he does there. There's a guy named Cleanthony Early here who will get his minutes. However, Perry would really be nice for next year. As for Conner, I agree that he would not be gettingminutes here. Maybe provide some additional depth in case of injury or foul trouble, but that's about it.

Comment

• My two cents. Anyone who went to see CF in high school knows the kid has talent but lacks physical maturity. I
          would absolutely love to see him transfer to WSU sitting out next year and becoming physically stronger. He would
          have a year to mature and then another learning year playing with Fred and RB. Then, he would have two years to
          be a strong contributor and local fan favorite. He can play he just needs some physical maturity mark my words.

Comment

• Originally posted by 150946shox View Post
            I am a big Perry Ellis fan, but I don't believe he gets the minutes here that he does there. There's a guy named Cleanthony Early here who will get his minutes. However, Perry would really be nice for next year. As for Conner, I agree that he would not be gettingminutes here. Maybe provide some additional depth in case of injury or foul trouble, but that's about it.
            I don't know what you've been smoking, but Perry Ellis would play 30 minutes a game minimum at WSU...As for Conner, it's hard to say since we haven't seen him play much yet, but judging on what he did in high school it would be fairly safe to say he'd be getting some minutes.

Comment

• Originally posted by martymoose View Post
              I don't know what you've been smoking, but Perry Ellis would play 30 minutes a game minimum at WSU...As for Conner, it's hard to say since we haven't seen him play much yet, but judging on what he did in high school it would be fairly safe to say he'd be getting some minutes.
              Agree on Perry.

If Frankamp can't find playing time on a team with very little reliable guard talent, I don't know how he finds playing time on a team with one of the best backcourts in the nation.

Comment

• Frankamp was notorious around the city league for having a horrible attitude problem and being a grade A asshole. That, coupled with his lack of defense, says that he gets no playing time under Marshall.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Therapy View Post
                  Frankamp was notorious around the city league for having a horrible attitude problem and being a grade A asshole. That, coupled with his lack of defense, says that he gets no playing time under Marshall.
                  In his post game comments last night, Self said Connor and Brandon Green are not ready to play yet... and he didn't say when they would be...
                  Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Sounds like Franknbeans would be a fantastic fit at Newman, should riding the pine in D1 not reconcile with his visions of grandeur. No lost transfer year either.

I have no use for kids who grow up in Wichita and think they're too good for their hometown. Not an especially unusual predicament for some out of Andover PS's, Collegiate, Independent, et al., but for it to come out of a kid who grew up in the Wichita North footprint it is sort of ironically hilarious.

Perry is a different story. He may not be on our roster, but I have to think when he's not getting work done for KU he's pulling for the Shocks at some level. Dude was a Koch regular during his HS years.

Love for Perry; Franknbeans can go eat a bag of dees.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Therapy View Post
                      Frankamp was notorious around the city league for having a horrible attitude problem and being a grade A asshole.
                      No surprise he is a Jayhawk now. Should fit right in.
                      “Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
                      -Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Comment

• Contrary to Frankamp, I've heard nothing but good things about Perry as a human being. I agree with others here that he would fit in perfectly on our team. It's a shame that he didn't choose differently.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                          Sounds like Franknbeans would be a fantastic fit at Newman, should riding the pine in D1 not reconcile with his visions of grandeur. No lost transfer year either.

I have no use for kids who grow up in Wichita and think they're too good for their hometown. Not an especially unusual predicament for some out of Andover PS's, Collegiate, Independent, et al., but for it to come out of a kid who grew up in the Wichita North footprint it is sort of ironically hilarious.

Perry is a different story. He may not be on our roster, but I have to think when he's not getting work done for KU he's pulling for the Shocks at some level. Dude was a Koch regular during his HS years.

Love for Perry; Franknbeans can go eat a bag of dees.
                          Last night Self said only two players on his team have an aggressive personality. Perry was not one of them.

You have to wonder if HCGM could not have done for Perry, what he did for JT Durley. Transform an indifferent, but talented young man into an extremely talented man...

Indifferent may not be the correct adjective to describe Perry, timid may be better.
                          Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• The world needs ditchdiggers too.
                            The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• Would love to have Perry as a Shocker. Frankamp probably not a good fit at WSU and being on the team at KU was reportedly always his dream. Whether or not Frankamp well be anything more than a role player at KU remains to be seen.

Comment

• Seems like Connor needs to find a coach who will design a system where Connor runs through/around 45 picks in order to launch a 3-ball while falling out of bounds. There are MVC coaches that might do that, but 3G is NOT one of them.
                                "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                                ---------------------------------------
                                Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                                "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                                "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Working...
                                X