• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was Chance on the bench?

Comment

• Injury I believe

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

3G said he would have used him tonight but AM has a quad injury and couldn't go. 3G not thrilled with IPBC's play tonight..

That said that doesn't mean AM is heading for a key role on this team anytime soon.

It is my opinion that Thor needs to be given a redshirt this year...if they still have hopes he'll be a player in the future. If not, he probably needs to be a guy who transfers out.

Comment

• Originally posted by GreatWhiteBuffalo View Post

It is my opinion that Thor needs to be given a redshirt this year...if they still have hopes he'll be a player in the future. If not, he probably needs to be a guy who transfers out.
          He has played this year. He can't redshirt

Comment

• pinstripers
            pinstripers commented
            Editing a comment
            I can understand why this is so hard

• 12eagle
            12eagle commented
            Editing a comment
            It's the new football rule that has people confused

• Originally posted by Singeril View Post
          Great fun at the game if not a great game. Just good to win. Took a friend tonight...his first time in the Roundhouse. The game experience is strange at times...YES, we need the replays!!! I was texting my wife at home to find out what the refs were looking at when they'd review a play. All three plays in question were in front of me...couldn't figure out why they were having such an issue. The band sounds better this year...wish they played more. The canned music is obnoxious and too loud at times (especially pre-game). It nearly hurts to listen to it. But, the biggest reaction by my friend was how much he hated the in game promotions...the stupid contests. He's EXACTLY RIGHT!!! Please make them go away. They are bush league and stupid. Let the fans take over with cheering and whatever...just no more shooting contests. Always great to be in the Roundhouse---especially after a win!
          THIS!!! Even my 6 year old thinks the promotions are lame....band play, cheerers cheer...IT'S A BALL GAME!!! The whole in game stupid stuff looks like it took one minute to plan in the offseason.

Comment

• I haven't heard Marshall this downbeat in a post-game interview in a while. He mentioned JE not being able to play for any long stretches because he gets tired. GM seemed perplexed by JE's stamina. I am surprised no one else mentioned this yet.

Comment

• choida
              choida commented
              Editing a comment
              Needs Columbian coffee

• WuDrWu
              WuDrWu commented
              Editing a comment
              Made this same comment last night to people around me. Shaq was never in this bad a "shape". All our post guys can go for about 2 minutes hard (and I'm not picking on them, Mo asked to come out once after a couple of minutes and still busted his ass to sprint as hard as he could up and down one more time before a whistle allowed the substitution). Our bigs are a long way from being ready to go "at this level". And no, it's not our only problem right now.

• Originally posted by ABC View Post
            I haven't heard Marshall this downbeat in a post-game interview in a while. He mentioned JE not being able to play for any long stretches because he gets tired. GM seemed perplexed by JE's stamina. I am surprised no one else mentioned this yet.
            On TV, he sounded a bit exasperated and pissed. Sounded like he tossed the headphones on the table after the postgame interview. The fires burn slow and hot. Good to see!

Comment

• N Crestway
              N Crestway commented
              Editing a comment
              Or he's losing his self control which is not good for the players and assistants to see.

• Originally posted by ABC View Post
            I haven't heard Marshall this downbeat in a post-game interview in a while. He mentioned JE not being able to play for any long stretches because he gets tired. GM seemed perplexed by JE's stamina. I am surprised no one else mentioned this yet.
            Yeah, he said(which surprised me)that JE complains about his heart hurting....

Comment

• WstateU
              WstateU commented
              Editing a comment
              … and it was checked out by a doctor and he's as healthy as a horse...

https://media.giphy.com/media/OmNq2RFvfFOzS/giphy.gif
              Last edited by WstateU; December 13, 2018, 01:49 PM.

• SB Shock
              SB Shock commented
              Editing a comment
              That should be concerning, because just because a doctor doesn't find anything doesn't mean their is not a undiagnosed underlying issue. It just means the doctor who looked at him doesn't know what to look for.

• C0|dB|00ded
              C0|dB|00ded commented
              Editing a comment
              He didn't say it was "hurting" he said he was complaining about it. It could very well be psychosomatic. Heart "issues" can be funny that way.

A good stress test and echo, blood panel, a few rare congenital conditions to test for, no signs of fainting or exertion-induced chest pain and he's 99.99% good to go.

But once you get in your head that there's something wrong with your heart, it can be tricky to convince someone otherwise. The heart can be a weird and spooky little muscle when it starts skipping and jumping. The more anxiety you have just makes the symptoms worse. You've just gotta try and ignore it after receiving the all clear.

T

...:cool:

• The entire team needs to get physically stronger and go on the Rashard Kelly diet.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
              And this is a high major Division I basketball program.
              Please nobody take this the wrong way, but Wichita State is not a high major D1 basketball program right now. I would probably say last season we were a high top-tier mid-major program. We had personnel, but we lacked some game execution, we lacked strong defense. There are other things the program lacked which you only see if you attend a home game that knock us down a notch from being high-major. The in-game production from the non-basketball side, is one of the worst things I've ever seen, especially if you've ever watched a home game on TV. It's borderline sleepy-time "everyone go to your phone now, because nothing is happening for the next 3 minutes during this time-out."

I really miss the way things used to be. Koch arena was a place to be feared, nobody would play us here. It was loud, deafening loud, and nearly all of it has been lost on the "commercialization" of the program. The band is so poorly utilized, they might as well stay home. Empty seats you say? Well, going to Shocker games used to be an experience. It was fun and exciting, but so much of it has disappeared. Now teams come in here and there's nothing to be afraid of. We're at the point where we have difficulty winning home games now.

Make no mistake about it, WSU has lost something - its not the same program it was 3-10 years ago. Our fan base (myself included) now questions whether or not we can even beat a Jacksonville State in our home arena, which was completely unheard of a few years ago. All of these are wins - they're after-thoughts. And no, we aren't spoiled, and it's not right for a coach to say that, even if he's destined for HOF status. But as fans and students of the game we expect and are used to seeing more than what we're getting. Anybody here remember a game we played against Iowa many, many many years ago? THAT was a loud game, especially from the upper tiers. Were we spoiled that night? Or, was I spoiled when I sat center court 15 rows up to watch AC get the single game scoring record on senior night? It was loud then, too. The players and atmosphere played a significant role in making the players feel special, and right now, I think in-game policy is just not giving the program the boost it desperately needs. Believe it or not, it's not always about the money.

Comment

• WuDrWu
                WuDrWu commented
                Editing a comment
                Are you really trying to compare Jacksonville State at home during finals before Christmas on a Wednesday night to a round of 32 HOME game in the NCAA tournament against a B1G program and SENIOR night for one of the hometown hero types who has his picture in the rafters?

• C0|dB|00ded
                C0|dB|00ded commented
                Editing a comment
                Wichita State is and always will be a major program. What you are referring to is our quality of play which you'd be correct in saying, kinda sucks. But we were a major program in the Valley and we're a major program in the AAC.

Part of what you see missing is the same thing I see missing at times, Play Angry (the other is execution). The separation between winning and losing college basketball teams is usually effort. Yes talent makes a big difference at the polar extremes, but effort bridges the talent gap amongst the top 75 every single night.

T

• ShockerFever
                ShockerFever commented
                Editing a comment
                PROGRAM and SEASON are two different things.

• I've said it on here before and I will say it again. We have not been the same program since Cle left. We are having different level problems this year but we desperately need a "dude" in this program to rally around.

Comment

• Dan
                Dan commented
                Editing a comment
                insert D'Antoni Gordon here

• Plus-Minus for Jacksonville State game
              JACKST Minutes WSU Opp't Net Net/40 All Games Minutes WSU Opp't Net Net/40
              DD 25.40 40 39 1 1.6 218.80 397 387 10 1.8
              MM 31.65 60 48 12 15.2 285.35 507 502 5 0.7
              DB 7.13 12 6 6 33.6 182.57 313 331 -18 -3.9
              RT 33.02 57 59 -2 -2.4 171.07 285 318 -33 -7.7
              SHJ 36.13 59 61 -2 -2.2 284.37 506 511 -5 -0.7
              RB 1.45 2 6 -4 -110.3 59.40 113 108 5 3.4
              ES 25.22 46 41 5 7.9 211.47 393 361 32 6.1
              EF 0.00 0 0 0 0.0 6.48 10 14 -4 -24.7
              MU 13.25 24 21 3 9.1 118.62 217 214 3 1.0
              JH 0.00 0 0 0 0.0 0.12 0 0 0 0.0
              BB 0.00 0 0 0 0.0 0.12 0 0 0 0.0
              JE 19.92 39 29 10 20.1 172.88 328 279 49 11.3
              CM 0.00 0 0 0 0.0 20.18 34 43 -9 -17.8
              TA 0.00 0 0 0 0.0 0.00 0 0 0 0.0
              TB 0.00 0 0 0 0.0 0.00 0 0 0 0.0
              AM 0.00 0 0 0 0.0 33.35 51 50 1 1.2
              IPBC 6.83 6 15 -9 -52.7 35.23 46 97 -51 -57.9
              Team 200.00 69 65 4 4.0 1800.00 640 643 -3 -0.3
              WSU vs. JACKST
              MM-RT-SHJ-ES-JE 7.02 15 13 2 11.4
              DD-MM-RT-SHJ-MU 6.82 11 10 1 5.9
              MM-RT-SHJ-ES-MU 4.00 10 9 1 10.0
              DD-MM-RT-SHJ-JE 3.70 8 2 6 64.9
              DD-MM-DB-ES-JE 3.57 10 4 6 67.3
              DD-RT-SHJ-ES-JE 3.33 2 6 -4 -48.0
              MM-RT-SHJ-ES-IPBC 2.30 2 4 -2 -34.8
              DD-MM-RT-SHJ-IPBC 1.83 2 6 -4 -87.3
              DD-RT-SHJ-ES-IPBC 1.40 2 3 -1 -28.6
              MM-DB-SHJ-ES-JE 1.28 2 0 2 62.3
              DD-RT-SHJ-ES-MU 1.02 3 0 3 118.0
              DD-RT-SHJ-RB-JE 1.02 2 4 -2 -78.7
              DD-DB-SHJ-ES-IPBC 1.00 0 2 -2 -80.0
              CUMULATIVE GAMES 1 THROUGH 9 AVERAGE ONE MINUTE PER GAME
              DD-MM-RT-SHJ-JE 36.90 61 60 1 1.1
              MM-DB-SHJ-ES-MU 27.65 43 56 -13 -18.8
              DD-MM-SHJ-ES-JE 20.27 47 34 13 25.7
              DD-MM-RT-SHJ-MU 19.85 37 39 -2 -4.0
              DD-MM-DB-SHJ-JE 16.32 30 33 -3 -7.4
              MM-DB-SHJ-ES-JE 16.00 21 18 3 7.5
              MM-RT-SHJ-ES-JE 15.87 33 24 9 22.7
              DD-MM-DB-SHJ-MU 15.78 34 25 9 22.8
              DB-SHJ-RB-ES-JE 13.00 33 19 14 43.1
              DD-MM-RT-ES-JE 12.72 24 14 10 31.5
              DD-MM-DB-ES-JE 9.85 26 12 14 56.9
              DD-MM-DB-ES-MU 9.08 19 8 11 48.4
              Last edited by im4wsu; December 13, 2018, 10:34 AM.
              "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
              ---------------------------------------
              Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
              "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
              "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• ShockTalk
                ShockTalk commented
                Editing a comment
                DB should be JB.

• Did anyone see that it took them like four times last night to get the Houston-LSU score formatted and updated correctly, when they were putting up games of interest scores on the board? I openly laughed at the incompetence.

Another moment had Don Hall on PA, unrelated commercial on the board, and a recorded song going... all at the same time.

Core competencies, as the private sector might say. LolzwtfutalkinboutWillis, as the WSU AD might say.

It’s just everything about their ability to manage an event properly. Pure clown show.
              Last edited by SHOCKvalue; December 13, 2018, 11:16 AM.

Comment

• SHJ played more minutes than anyone. I wonder what 3g sees

Comment

• Jhook89
                  Jhook89 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  But he almost nullifies that with terrible shots that don’t go in lol.

• WuDrWu
                  WuDrWu commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Exactly BOBB Also, he's one of 3 players that actually understand where the eff they're supposed to be most of the time. He's in shape and not asking to come out for a break, and he's not in foul trouble (see ES, JE etc) and limiting his own minutes.

• Jhook89
                  Jhook89 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  WuDrWu there is good logic in that. It just seems to be there is a cap on this team with SHJ running the point. He is not a player who will make others around him better or set up the team to play good team ball. I would think getting Torres or Burton to the point where they can run the show would be a priority. Then SHJ could be shifted to more of an iso 2 guard, which would maximize his contributions.

• It is past time for a change in the AD. Unfortunately, barring a major scandal this is unlikely. We need someone that can handle the "blocking and tackling" of running a department. There are plenty of funds development people that a competent manager could hire to raise money, shake hands and kiss babies.
                Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• C0|dB|00ded
                  C0|dB|00ded commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Oh yes, we need competent leadership. Competent AD leadership = $$$$. Money doesn't solve eeeeeverything but you can't do a GD thing without it.

T

Working...
              X