No announcement yet.

Wichita State vs Jacksonville State Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who posted a few years ago that they were bored with 30 point wins?
    "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• ShockingButTrue
      ShockingButTrue commented
      Editing a comment
      Yep. Because the close games are just so much more fun to watch.

What's so fun about watching basketball excellence?

• Man we can’t even get it in. We have trouble against the press

Comment

• TheShocktocles
      TheShocktocles commented
      Editing a comment
      We can't get it in because someone made the decision that SHJ should be passing it in. We need either Ricky T or JB passing to ES or SHJ. Hope our coaches don't make that mistake again. They finally got it right.

• This was a pretty unimpressive win. But it sure beats the heck out of an unimpressive loss.

Comment

• Tough to watch. However, at this point I’ll take any win we can get. Team not quite making progress like I’d hoped but winning is a habit and glad to see one tonight.

Comment

• Coach not to thrilled. But he’ll take the win

Comment

• Originally posted by Carolina_Shock View Post
          Tough to watch. However, at this point I’ll take any win we can get. Team not quite making progress like I’d hoped but winning is a habit and glad to see one tonight.
          I do think there was progress in a few important areas:
          1. Actively seeking post play--that means bigs posting AND guards looking for them. Best game in that respect all year.
          2. He regressed in the second half but I do think SHJ played a smart game in the first half and showed that he is not always looking to shoot first. It's incremental and still insufficient progress, but it's progress.
          3. Ricky showed more offensive skills and hence was more of an offensive threat. Not just the shot, but an array of drives--and quick ones too.

Comment

• Does coach look like he’s put on a few lbs or is it just me?

Comment

• More practice time with finals ending should be a good thing. We've got LOTS to work on, both individually and collectively. Proud of the guys for not folding.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
                Who posted a few years ago that they were bored with 30 point wins?
                BINGO!!!

The only people who think this is exciting basketball are chicken fans and GGG haters.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jhook89 View Post
                  Does coach look like he’s put on a few lbs or is it just me?
                  Definitely looks a little Bill Selfish.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• 1. Player of the game goes to................................................ .........JE
                    2. Love Baker................I mean ES
                    3. Pretty good game SHJ............build on it
                    4. MU looking better
                    5. DD good D and good rebounding
                    6. A win is a win
                    7. I know there are going to be ups and downs but I sure enjoy watching the Shocks !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Only bright spot I saw was our post play, albeit we had a size advantage. Too many silly turnovers, and we have problems when pressured. Shot selection questionable. Lot to work on before league play.

Comment

• We're gonna lose more AAC games than we win unfortunately.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Midtgaard certainly looks despondent on the sidelines. Thought he was a work in progress but now, maybe not. Marshall looked rattled in his post game interview....haven't seen much of that in the past.

Comment

• DUShock
                            DUShock commented
                            Editing a comment
                            On the post game HCGM mentioned a muscle strain issue and that he wasn’t/isn’t well enough to play.

• Dennis needs more than 5 shots per game.

We will not win many with duff shooting that poorly.

We need to get better at sticking with what is working.
                          "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• TheShocktocles
                            TheShocktocles commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Dennis could get more than 5 shots a game if he would play smarter and crash the boards every chance he gets. I love the guy make up but he looks lost out there more than anyone else.

• proshox
                            proshox commented
                            Editing a comment
                            He has no handles and isn’t ready to shoot when the ball comes his way. He is a long ways off from being a good college scorer at this point.
                        Working...
                        X