No announcement yet.

Wichita State vs Jacksonville State Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Udeze looked straight manbeast tonight for a quick stretch.

JE’s offense is fairly solid. Defense... ?

Torres falling into his role bit by bit I think.

Duff forcing real bad tonight.

Dexter maybe regressing a tad.

SHJ remains the human equivalent of the ying-yang symbol.

Man... Stevenson. How can you not love that kid.

Teddy got yelled pretty strong at by 3G at the very end of the game. No idea...

Jack State must have brought along those refs from whatever junior high conference they play in. Turrible. Probably offered them a subcompact car rental, free lodging at Motel 8, and vouchers from Golden Corral.

Comment

• shoxlax
      shoxlax commented
      Editing a comment
      Charles Dickens could have been Samajae’s biographer. He was the best of guards, He was the worst of guards.

MU played very well. Not sure Poor Bear will be the first post off the bench anymore, but I thought that was taken care of after last game.

• I have been hard on SHJ but I don't think he he is going away so I will just root for his success I guess.
    Prefer ES and DD at the guards but I am the ONLY one that thinks that. RT may have made a three but still can't
    shoot. Made a couple nice drives though. We didn't go to our BIGS enough the 2nd half or ES. Just happy we won
    and looking forward to Saturday. A win with MM going 3-15 is a GOOD win !

Comment

• We need to spend a whole practice learning how to make one extra pass on a fast break instead of going straight at 2 guys

Comment

• Havent been on here in years...and dont usually give grades...but what the hell...

SHJ - Knocked down couple wide open looks, but selection is still iffy. Negative assist/turnover ratio sucks
        JE - good overall. Still concerns about D
        Duff - Shot selection is 3rd grader with Dad telling him to score no matter what
        ES - Stud
        Ricky - Sliver of light maybe
        MO - Huge potential and solid game. Like his hands and athleticism
        DD - Offense meh...great job on boards
        Everyone else - Blah

Comment

• The shocks are hard to watch but they are still our team. I support them but I admit I have been spoiled by our previous teams. I thought JE and MU made more progress tonight. But do we have anybody that goes to glass like Ramon Clemente, Rashard Kelly, Gabe Blair, and Chadrack Lufile. I think it could be Dexter Dennis if he could play smarter and get himself in better position to rebound. I done for tonight. Go shocks.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post
            The shocks are hard to watch but they are still our team. I support them but I admit I have been spoiled by our previous teams. I thought JE and MU made more progress tonight. But do we have anybody that goes to glass like Ramon Clemente, Rashard Kelly, Gabe Blair, and Chadrack Lufile. I think it could be Dexter Dennis if he could play smarter and get himself in better position to rebound. I done for tonight. Go shocks.
            To be fair none of those guys were rebounding freaks either

Comment

• TheShocktocles
              TheShocktocles commented
              Editing a comment
              I believe Ramon Clemente and Rashard were warriors on the glass. But the way Coach M demands rebounding from everyone it's hard to average double figures in rebounding for the shocks.

• A win is a win.
            Even though Jaime was fed the ball early and often I still don't think we're very good at post entry passes. Some of those tonight are not going to work against the bigger AAC teams.
            Dexter and Eric are the most aggressive rebounders. How much fun would it have been if Dexter had been able to finish the lob and Eric had jammed the rebound at the end of the first half.
            Still hate the hook and hold rule. Shouldn't be an F1.
            Ricky is by far the best passer we have. How many more assists would he have if guys were ready. Pretty ugly free throws at the end. Needs to fix that.
            Horrible, forced shot selection by Markis but I was pretty comfortable with him shooting the free throws at the end. Not so comfortable with him receiving an inbound pass at full speed.
            Morris is not the most gifted basketball player but he is certainly a man's man within 5 foot of the basket.
            Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Box score
              Visit ESPN to get up-to-the-minute sports news coverage, scores, highlights and commentary for AFL, NRL, Rugby, Cricket, Football and more.
              Shocker Alumni
              Shocker Club Soccer alumni
              Jayhawk fan but the Shockers come first

Comment

• Box score for the Wichita State Shockers vs. Jacksonville State Gamecocks NCAAM game from December 12, 2018 on ESPN. Includes all points, rebounds and steals stats.

Comment

• How many empty seats? 800? Plus we gave away 400. Crowd wasn't very good, game wasn't very good. WTF seemed a common expletive in the seats around me.

Comment

• Great fun at the game if not a great game. Just good to win. Took a friend tonight...his first time in the Roundhouse. The game experience is strange at times...YES, we need the replays!!! I was texting my wife at home to find out what the refs were looking at when they'd review a play. All three plays in question were in front of me...couldn't figure out why they were having such an issue. The band sounds better this year...wish they played more. The canned music is obnoxious and too loud at times (especially pre-game). It nearly hurts to listen to it. But, the biggest reaction by my friend was how much he hated the in game promotions...the stupid contests. He's EXACTLY RIGHT!!! Please make them go away. They are bush league and stupid. Let the fans take over with cheering and whatever...just no more shooting contests. Always great to be in the Roundhouse---especially after a win!

Comment

• I hate to sound like a virtue-signalling, safe space-needing Snowflake but... reading through this thread is kind of difficult due to the severe verbal punishment SHJ is receiving. I know I've smacked on some of the uncoordinated white boys of roster's past, but SHJ doesn't suck and he's battled through some mental problems. He isn't trying to be a one-man show and Gregg Marshall again praised him tonight on air for his contributions while acknowledging his short-comings. He basically said we'd have been screwed without him. Maybe we could show our frustration without being so direct with the trashing. SHJ is no FVV, but he's tied for 1st in minutes played and 2nd in scoring so the boss wants him on the floor. I have no doubt he's playing as hard as he can.

I don't normally feel sorry for players but damn... dude is a college student and he's no slacker. He's actually a really damn talented athlete. One of the quickest players I've ever seen on a Shocker squad. Maybe not that bright, but he can score in bunches when he's hot and he doesn't drag ass.

T

...:cool:

Comment

• Yep. Slightly hypocritical there Cold.

I'm sure SHJ is a great kid. I have no ill-will towards him. He's just not a Division I basketball player. It's frustrating because there are other scenarios and options that can play out.

I know he's trying like every player but it's just the facts. This is basketball. It's a fan message board. Nobody hates him. He's just all JUCO. And this is a high major Division I basketball program.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• ShockerFever is correct. Didn't know this was the Shockernet.Net/UNICEF board? I understand without him we might suck... But watching him play at times is hard to stomach.

Comment

• He seems to be taking more hate than any player I've ever seen. Maybe I'm just getting old.

T

Comment

• C0|dB|00ded
                              C0|dB|00ded commented
                              Editing a comment
                              P.S. our problem ain't just SHJ lol...

T

Working...
                          X