Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C0|dB|00ded
    commented on 's reply
    And how was SH's effort? I'm not concerned about the score. I certainly didn't watch the game. But a team that continues to fight all game long usually has a chance in the end.

T

...:cool:

• ShockerFever
    replied
    Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
    Oh, in case anybody is confused, by edge I mean "Play Angry" via Gregg Marshall (and Co.)...

I couldn't give a **** if we missed every shot we took but the old Shockers would have played like their lives depended upon it. Half-time score would have been 19-23 and we'd have lost by maybe 9. It would have been atrociously ugly but it wouldn't have been embarrassing.

Remember how coaches used to describe us? "They're relentless in the first half, then when they come out in the second, they somehow manage to increase the intensity another notch". This was a given with a Gregg Marshall coached team. The "Angry" was ALWAYS there. Now we're lucky if we see it for one half over 5 games.

T

So are you saying you don't mind UglyBallTM?

Leave a comment:

• C0|dB|00ded
    commented on 's reply
    What an odd comment. It appeared at the onset like you were challenging my point, then you made my point and even threw in a "Marshall was never as good as anybody thought" for a cherry on top. Odd.

I agree Marshall has changed. I also agree this team is young. But youth and effort aren't necessarily correlated - at least not for long under Marshall Law. HCGM has always had teams that appeared incompetent offensively at times, that's nothing new, but we could always impose our defensive will. Once the offense came around we were world beaters.

T

• ShockTalk
    commented on 's reply
    Also, SH's 5 top minute players, 1 senior, 2 juniors, and 2 sophomores playing just under 30 mpg per player combined. 3 of those players had 44, 43, and 40 minutes today.

• ShockTalk
    commented on 's reply
    UK lead by 6 at the half and SH won in OT.

• shock
    replied
    You have built Marshall up with hyperbole so much over the years that now that there are struggles you say he has lost his edge and is no longer the same guy he was. While it may be true that he has changed as a coach, he was never the coach you masturbated about in the school bathrooms. He is intense, he has not lost that (see current players comments and ARShocker) but now that the going has gotten tough again you start acting like a little b!tch. This team is younger than the 07 team, and built with a completely different type of athlete. It’s going to take time. There are no team wide issues with effort. Just a young team.

Leave a comment:

• C0|dB|00ded
    replied
    And the comments about Teddy being our savior are a stretch. Teddy was a massive distraction at WV and has the potential to be one here. Teddy requires a STRONG leader and surrounding ingrained culture. Teddy is good but he's no god - all hyperbole aside. For Teddy to truly help this Shocker team he needs to buy into Play Angry just as Wessel, Cotton, Baker, And VanVleet did. I haven't seen that out of Teddy yet. All I've seen is a guy who can score in traffic.

T

Leave a comment:

• asiseeit
    replied
    Losing both AR and Lomax HURT badly. Losing TA hurt. First, we have to go with bigger stronger guards.
    SHJ and RT are poor undersized defenders who can't guard bigger guards and they certainly don't make
    up for their lack of defense with good offense. They are weak on BOTH ends. I don't know how many times
    this year I have seen a center get good inside post up position only to see a perimeter player ( not ES ) look
    right at them and ignore them. Makes me sick. As for AM. Don't be hard on him when he really hasn't been
    given a chance. A minute here and there isn't enough. All the centers play to soft.. Grab the damn ball
    and MAKE someone stop you. Be aggressive on BOTH ends. If your going to make mistakes make them
    being overly aggressive !!!!!! I can live with that.

ES needs to take on the role that Baker did when he was needed at PG. Three guards should be ES, DD and
    JB. DD has to get more involved offensively. They can all drive it and should.

Leave a comment:

• C0|dB|00ded
    commented on 's reply
    It's all about effort. Less so with Kentucky but I'm certain that Seton Hall came out of the locker room and punched Kentucky straight in the mouf and never relented.

T

• C0|dB|00ded
    replied
    I didn't watch the post-game; I don't need to. Ask yourself this: was Marshall composed (contrite even) after the game or did he look like he had to be somewhere killing a bunch of people? You don't need to answer. Old post-games after a loss were a ****-show with Marshall. He would glare, be sarcastic, and then walk off the podium looking to kick someones dog. When he reached Wichita it was straight to the practice gym where bodies (and wills) were bent.

T

Leave a comment:

• ShockTalk
    replied
    I'm placing this post on this thread as well.

Kentucky lost today to a very average Seton Hall. Their 9 player rotation is made up of 4 - 5 star freshmen, 1 - 4 star freshmen (rated #4 SG), 3 - 5 star sophomores, and 1 - 5 star senior transfer from Stanford for a total of 7 years D-I experience.

Think about that when you consider we're playing with our top 11 players made up of 5 freshmen, 1 RS freshman, 1 sophomore with very little experience, 2 first year Jucos, and 2 seniors, one a Juco, all mostly 3 star players with maybe two 4 stars with a total of 5 years D-I experience.

Leave a comment:

• C0|dB|00ded
    replied
    Oh, in case anybody is confused, by edge I mean "Play Angry" via Gregg Marshall (and Co.)...

I couldn't give a **** if we missed every shot we took but the old Shockers would have played like their lives depended upon it. Half-time score would have been 19-23 and we'd have lost by maybe 9. It would have been atrociously ugly but it wouldn't have been embarrassing.

Remember how coaches used to describe us? "They're relentless in the first half, then when they come out in the second, they somehow manage to increase the intensity another notch". This was a given with a Gregg Marshall coached team. The "Angry" was ALWAYS there. Now we're lucky if we see it for one half over 5 games.

T

Leave a comment:

• C0|dB|00ded
    commented on 's reply
    See my above comment on fear. The old Shocker team would be in the gym the moment the plane landed until the wee hours. There would be massive repercussions.

T

Last edited by C0|dB|00ded; December 8, 2018, 04:40 PM.

• C0|dB|00ded
    commented on 's reply
    We made an awful lot of shots last year...

T

• C0|dB|00ded
    commented on 's reply
    Playing hard doesn't require time, it only requires commitment. There are several ways to obtain commitment from your players. I believe fear was the previous most utilized tool. Our coaches aren't that scary anymore.

T

Working...
X